Friendly Targeting And Customizable Hud Color

5 replies to this topic

#1 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

So the friendly targeting isn't new, but I don't want to necro that hard.

Please let us target friendly units, it would especially make QP a lot easier. No ppl don't coordinate their builds over voip, and those who try are prone to getting muted. A percentage is nice, but it would be so much better to see in what kind of trouble your mate is exactly. Support mechs could find a buddy that synergizes well with them.

What's the problem here? Are you afraid of lock-on griefing? Ppl can criminally gauss-vomit their buddies leg off as is.

The other Mechwarrior titles had it, and that was just for your bots... And now I wanted to make a point how your human teammates are way more valuable, but your mileage may vary there.

Is it shaming? Are you afraid ppl will trash-talk others for their builds? Well, they already do, abundantly so.

Why? Please, I need to understand! Why?

Oh, and it would be ever so awesome, if we could customize our hud colors, even assign different colors for different elements. You'd give ppl yet another reason to buy colors, and I'm sure color blind folks would dig it too.

Edited by Dakkalistic, 12 February 2019 - 02:43 PM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

I'll give these ideas a big...

SUPPORT

...because I can see an awesome situation where you Target & Missile Lock on a Friendly Light Mech, but have them positioned so that the Enemy Mech gets all the damage instead. Fun shenanigans, all with no cost to your Teammate except you and them having to shift a little to keep the Missile Arc in a proper state. Plus being able to check your Teammates and keep their Weak Spots from being the death of them is worthwhile in terms of Team Survival too. B)

And yeah, I've had times when I want the HUD Color to be one style without regard to whether I'm in an I.S. or Clan Mech... It seems like my old UT'99 Days keep coming back to nostalgically haunt my mind, making me yearn for things that have been lost to time itself. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "This combination of Ideas gets both thumbs up from me." Devnull

#3 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

bump

Mostly for the friendly targeting. Maybe the players who never played the single-player titles don't even realize how much valuable information MWO is withholding by not having this valuable feature.

Never following the wrong assault again, does that sound good? You wouldn't have to anymore.

#4 3ull5hit

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 05:51 AM

I will dig that old topic out but yeah, targeting friendlies to see their damage would be tremendous and quite a gamechanger.

As for me, more important thing is customizable hud. For example:
- there supposed to be a color change in middle weapon ready icons when gauss is ready to shoot. Problem is one color is bright green, the other bright yellow - as a colorblind person i see no difference whatsoever...
- reticle color change
- also the damage indicator colors should be customizable, cause i have no idea of the amount of damage. Green, yellow and red...really.

Edited by 3ull5hit, 18 August 2021 - 05:18 AM.

#5 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:54 AM

Some way to be able to at least see a friendlies loadout would be a huge help. Honestly, I would prefer that from soft target more than hard target. Doing this via hard target would (hopefully) mean adding another targeting button, or toggle to include friendlies or not when hitting R. I honestly don't want to have to cycle through friendlies in mid combat when looking for enemy info.

As D V Devnull suggested as a possible tactic, I can see so many times where similar situations go horribly wrong. Friendly fire would become a much larger issue than it already is. Worse, missile boats could get away with it without teammates knowing. No thanks.

Great idea for loadout soft target data, bad idea to add friendly hard targeting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users