Make Bolt-Ons Universal

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Make bolt-ons universal (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Agree?

1. Yes. (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

What was really the point of introducing bolt-ons if you can't have them on the mech you would like them to be on? Ofc you can buy them, but they cost A TON and I would rather buy colors/patterns (that are not so cheap too).

I've only seen a couple of mechs wearing a full set of bolt-ons so almost nobody buys them and as they are right now they are only for a really small amount of people really.

I've got some from solaris (like most people did) and they didn't make sense. Since they are not unique per mech, I suggest just making them fit any mech and not for some reason have the same bolt-on requiring an unlock on each mech. Ofc some unique ones should still be only usable on the mech they are designed for.

Btw, if you are not doing this at least make them visible in the inventory, so I won't need to go through all of my mechs to see for which of them I already own bolt-ons. And I know some people have way more mechs than I do.

Edited by P0607, 25 June 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#2 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

PGI is already working on making bolts-ons accessible for all mechs through each patch, so there is no need to worry about it.

#3 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

View PostWill9761, on 25 June 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

PGI is already working on making bolts-ons accessible for all mechs through each patch, so there is no need to worry about it.

I'm not talking about that. You see, let's say I have a certain non-unique bolt-on for one mech, which is also unlockable for other mechs. So I want them to just let me equip this bolt-on on whatever mech that supports it and not just one one specific mech that I unlocked it for (just like you can equip cockpit items).

#4 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostP0607, on 25 June 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'm not talking about that. You see, let's say I have a certain non-unique bolt-on for one mech, which is also unlockable for other mechs. So I want them to just let me equip this bolt-on on whatever mech that supports it and not just one one specific mech that I unlocked it for (just like you can equip cockpit items).

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. That actually would be a nice feature to have instead of them being label: "Mad Dog Bold-On" "Banshee Bolt-On" and buy the same bolt on for different mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users