Warhammer Iic Quirks Or Lack There Of

87 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the quirks on the Warhammer IIC. Yes I know I wasn't really expecting too much since they are a Clan Battlemech but there are just so many similar loadout variants I was really hoping to see they really flesh out the differences between them with quirks.

The Warhammer IIC and IIC-3 are virtually the same mech, minus a missile launcher 95% of the people will never use. The Holiday bonus is also similar except for the fact it gets 2 less energy hardpoints and JJs which I guess is what makes it unique....too bad it doesn't get JJ enhancement quirks to build on this uniquiness because JJs on a 80 ton mech are semi-useless.

Then we have the IIC-4 and IIC-10 which are near identical but not much in the quirks to give either any real identity.

Again I wasn't expecting much but it would have been nice to see them really distinguish all the similar variants by giving you a reason to mount specific builds based on the quirks.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

I'm fine with it not having many quirks at its release. I'm not fine with its gimped agility. It needs 90 degree torso twist radius and all other agility stats put somewhere between those of an average Clan heavy and an average Clan assault.

Right now PGI is treating this mech as if it would somehow have similar maximum potential as the MCII, which is just not going to happen with its hardpoint height and composition.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 14 February 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Again I wasn't expecting much but it would have been nice to see them really distinguish all the similar variants by giving you a reason to mount specific builds based on the quirks.

The real variety comes from hardpoint differences, not quirks or specific builds.

What they could have done is made an asymmetric ballistic variant, like 1M 2B on RT + 2E on LT.

#4 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Its Clan i wasn't expecting quirks. Im super surprise it got some.

#5 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

Some mech don't need quirks this is one of them.

#6 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

The agility is surprisingly bad...

The quirks, meh...

#7 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

With all the crying about the width of the mech my guess is they will put in a "Slimming quirk" which will allow shots to go through the side of the mech without registering damage. Sorta like when other players shoot you through terrain where the terrain does not block the shot.

#8 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

For the people who couldn't read between the lines that this mech wouldn't be that good without good quirks were delusional to think that PGI would deliver.

#9 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

At 80 tons, the Warhammer IIC is still practically a heavy 'mech, especially in the armor department. At a minimum it should have 90 degree torso twist.

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

View PostFupDup, on 14 February 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

I'm fine with it not having many quirks at its release. I'm not fine with its gimped agility. It needs 90 degree torso twist radius and all other agility stats put somewhere between those of an average Clan heavy and an average Clan assault.

Right now PGI is treating this mech as if it would somehow have similar maximum potential as the MCII, which is just not going to happen with its hardpoint height and composition.

Agreed.

Being hardpoint limited (and location limited). The mech needed either good Mobilty or OK-Quirks. IMO it has neither.

I'd have been happy with just better base mobilty numbers and leave the quirks as they are which are not benefitting the mech. The increase in base mobilty would then actually give it a bit of flavour I reckon, that would've been nice to spice it up a bit.

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:46 PM

I'll go so far as to suggest some specific numbers.

Current Whalehammer stats:
Twist Angle: 75
Accel: 13.11
Decel: 16.55
Turn: 37.81
Twist Rate: 72

Hellbringer and Cauldron Born stats for comparison:
Twist Angle: 90
Accel: 22.34
Decel: 25.00
Turn: 47.56
Twist Rate: 85.50

Therefore, I will propose the following:
Twist Angle: 90 (non-negotiable)
Accel: 17.72
Decel: 20.77
Turn: 42.68
Twist Rate: 78.75

The methodology I used was to take the difference between the HBR/EBJ and WHM-IIC, then halve it (rounding down to nearest hundredth) and add it back to the current Whalehammer stats. To high? Too low? Just right? I could see those stats being a wee bit lower than what I proposed but not much lower (maybe like -2 degrees per second in each category?).

Edited by FupDup, 14 February 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

I'd say still too low - again simply because of the harpoint location. Many Clan Hvy mechs do what the WHMIIC does, except better. Obvs the WHMIIC has a skerrik more armour, but that's about it.

The WHMIIC really needs more than those numbers to have a bit more going for it.

Don't get me wrong - it will be a good mech. It just won't be a great mech. I've got a Ulti pack coming... Although the first time I'm ever going to have to level grind out fresh mechs. I already feel the frustration building given how much more of a grind skill tree is compared to the old system. ESP for 8 mechs Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 February 2019 - 06:51 PM.

#13 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

I think it'll be good, I look forward to receive my mechs. If any of you ordered and want to cancel, now's your chance. PGI cancels pre-orders no questions asked.

#14 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 February 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

I think it'll be good, I look forward to receive my mechs. If any of you ordered and want to cancel, now's your chance. PGI cancels pre-orders no questions asked.

I canceled mine before you could pre-order... burned once, never pre-order again.

#15 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:49 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 14 February 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

I canceled mine before you could pre-order... burned once, never pre-order again.

If you were burned... i.e. you received your mechs and used them but were disappointed, ask for a refund. PGI customer service is top notch, they'll refund you once even against their policy.

Edited by Nightbird, 14 February 2019 - 07:50 PM.

#16 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 February 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

If you were burned... i.e. you received your mechs and used them but were disappointed, ask for a refund. PGI customer service is top notch, they'll refund you once even against their policy.

Not back then, they were not. But its more that I swore I would never pre-order from them again, and I will not break that oath.

Edited by GeminiWolf, 14 February 2019 - 08:03 PM.

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Is there such a thing as a grey knight? yellowjacket knight?

#18 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Not a really good comparison.

If anything the Black Knight just shows us that having good agility or good armor can make up for a lack of optimal hardpoint placement.

#19 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

Warhammer IIC is OP please NERF

#20 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

mg quirks... don't even put that on it please, its better off just without that absolutely useless perk for an assault with TWO ballistic points. Please change that ffs. something, anything other than that.
Also they're all ppc's cept for the Clag boats, very dynamic O:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users