Solaris Is Broken

6 replies to this topic

#1 MasterTBC

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

So you can just run away for 10 minutes and get a tie?

Why doesn't the one win that dealt more damage

Jesus Christ

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

Well thats only one player it seems that does that kinda stupid crap.

I mean he can't aim...

That said the player DOING that, is often going to deal more damage - so not sure how what you're say is a solution

#3 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Ties are maddening. That said, they are less common than in season 1.

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

I haven't needed to park in an ambush spot yet this season and run out the clock but its a nice hard counter to losing the map vote and ending up facing an AC2 boat at range if you're not also an AC2 boat yourself. Perfectly reasonable to force the guy with the range advantage to come to you if he actually expects to win. You don't have to GIVE him the easy kill by playing to his mech's strengths.

As to the "tie" itself, PGI treats it as a loss for both players as far as the SSR standing goes...so ties after 10 games...fine whatever...minor change in your stats. First 10 matches...whammo... massive SSR loss.

#5 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:48 AM

It is unfortunate but it has been ongoing. Brawl monkeys hiding in spawn, light mechs that get stripped and just run the rest of the match qqing in all chat baiting a response. At least the alt accounts that ran lights to troll and take elo from high elo pilots no longer seem to get around solaris.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 February 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

I haven't needed to park in an ambush spot yet this season and run out the clock but its a nice hard counter to losing the map vote and ending up facing an AC2 boat at range if you're not also an AC2 boat yourself. Perfectly reasonable to force the guy with the range advantage to come to you if he actually expects to win. You don't have to GIVE him the easy kill by playing to his mech's strengths.

As to the "tie" itself, PGI treats it as a loss for both players as far as the SSR standing goes...so ties after 10 games...fine whatever...minor change in your stats. First 10 matches...whammo... massive SSR loss.

The problem is that the guys who force the ties tend to be low SSR players. sure PGI treats the tie as a loss for both players, but when there's a 900 point split between the players the low end loses nothing and the guy who actually wants to play the match loses tremendously.

That said, ties happen. If they happen, both players are playing, fine, whatever, it's part of the game. But I had one player force the tie and joked about it over chat (because I did have a 900 point lead on him)...for some reason I develop connection issues during the map banning screen any time I get matched with him now and I can't quite pin down the cause.

#7 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:14 AM

View PostLurm God, on 16 February 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

It is unfortunate but it has been ongoing. Brawl monkeys hiding in spawn, light mechs that get stripped and just run the rest of the match qqing in all chat baiting a response. At least the alt accounts that ran lights to troll and take elo from high elo pilots no longer seem to get around solaris.

And a Mad Cat Mk II who ran away after being disarmed and then told me to do something anatomically impossible in chat.

View PostMasterTBC, on 15 February 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

So you can just run away for 10 minutes and get a tie?
Why doesn't the one win that dealt more damage
Jesus Christ
A tie doesn't cost them any less ELO than a loss, it just denies you your ELO for winning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users