Reward Definitions

10 replies to this topic

#1 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

Hey pgi,

Is there a reason that I can't find any info on the site on what the actual definitions of the match rewards are? Or is there a repository that I can't find?

Kills or Missiles Destroyed via AMS is fairly straight forward. But there's no mention of even those basics in the glossary of terms. How about Proximity Protection, Lance in Formation, or even KMDD? I think it would be helpful for new players to know how to score in the game, and I'm sure more than one vet (me included) could use with some understanding on how to run up a match score or close out an event. For example, I've been playing for several years and I still don't know exactly what a Savior Kill is. I understand that you are unlikely to give us the actual definitions (although I think it's poor form), but some guidance would be helpful.

Alternatively, if this does exist, even on a third party site, I would appreciate it if someone could post the link.

Thanks,
Caldek

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:30 AM

https://mwomercs.com...-get-xp-and-cb/

#3 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 February 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hit and Run:
  • A hit and run “Score” is generated based off an engagement.
  • Every point of damage dealt counts for 1 point of score.
  • Every point of damage taken counts for -2 points of score.
  • If score is greater than 10, you are awarded with a hit and run award.
  • If the total damage taken during the engagement is greater than 15 the score is zeroed and no award is given.

That is not totally how it works, there are other THINGS that have to be triggered also.

And if there are some specific weird stuff like in previous event (event 250) "Earn 1 Counter ECM Locked Damage Rewards" could PGI tell how to hell does it work, because people including me had real issues triggering that.

#4 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 February 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

Many of those XP/Cbill numbers are way out of date. For example component destruction is now 15xp and 4,000 cbills.

View PostCaldek, on 15 February 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

Hey pgi,

Is there a reason that I can't find any info on the site on what the actual definitions of the match rewards are? Or is there a repository that I can't find?

Kills or Missiles Destroyed via AMS is fairly straight forward. But there's no mention of even those basics in the glossary of terms. How about Proximity Protection, Lance in Formation, or even KMDD? I think it would be helpful for new players to know how to score in the game, and I'm sure more than one vet (me included) could use with some understanding on how to run up a match score or close out an event. For example, I've been playing for several years and I still don't know exactly what a Savior Kill is. I understand that you are unlikely to give us the actual definitions (although I think it's poor form), but some guidance would be helpful.

Alternatively, if this does exist, even on a third party site, I would appreciate it if someone could post the link.

Thanks,
Caldek

The reason you can't find anything is because PGI has never released the matchscore numbers. Makes me think they are not confident in the numbers and believe it's gameable/unfair if you knew. I have tried figuring it out myself, but it's difficult. What makes it so difficult is some of the values are not whole numbers and the game rounds matchscore. So your actual matchscore could be 37.5 but you see 38 and conclude that one value is 0.5 points higher than it actually is. So if Lance in formation is worth 1.5 and not 2 and suddenly you have a dozen lance in formation points you're now off by 6. This can cause you to screw up the value of another reward when you try to find the missing 6. It's also tricky to isolate some of the rewards. It's also possible that scores are different in different game modes or that it's counting values not even listed.

I have a spreadsheet that will get you pretty close to your actual matchscore, but I know it's wrong in places.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostJman5, on 16 February 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Makes me think they are not confident in the numbers and believe it's gameable/unfair if you knew.

The big thing is PSR is based on matchscore...and nothing else (but is weighted to go up). Matchscore is based on teamwork oriented tasks. PSR subsequently is a reflection of "how well you work together with a team."
https://mwomercs.com...-tiers-and-psr/
As such...
Since the 500 matchscore challenges have produced examples of people getting nearly 500 matchscore without firing a shot, you could, in theory, get to tier 1 without a single kill or damage dealt if you knew exactly how the matchscore thing worked.

So there's a couple of facts and a supporting hypothesis based on facts, that support your hypothesis.

This said I doubt PGI has even considered that a reason as they did actually post the basic idea of how to get the rewards. I recall them posting basic one to two line introductions to each of the rewards.

(Course, if it runs as stated in Paul's post... it runs into this flaw. Admittedly this graph doesn't take into account it is possible to go down even when winning. I know that for a fact given I made it a mission to spit in the face of the system and find ways to tank it.)

Edited by Koniving, 16 February 2019 - 10:30 AM.

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 February 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

That is not totally how it works, there are other THINGS that have to be triggered also.

And if there are some specific weird stuff like in previous event (event 250) "Earn 1 Counter ECM Locked Damage Rewards" could PGI tell how to hell does it work, because people including me had real issues triggering that.

You have to be using something that counters ECM and the target has to be locked and it has to take damage. For example, you use a BAP which counters the ECM on a Hellbringer. You lock the Hellbringer with "R" and then someone, anyone damages it. UAVs also counter ECM so any mech can use an ECM to trigger this. Of course ECM on counter mode works as well.

But yeah, unless you happen to know this for some reason or another, you would be kind of screwed.

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 16 February 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

You have to be using something that counters ECM and the target has to be locked and it has to take damage. For example, you use a BAP which counters the ECM on a Hellbringer. You lock the Hellbringer with "R" and then someone, anyone damages it. UAVs also counter ECM so any mech can use an ECM to trigger this. Of course ECM on counter mode works as well.

But yeah, unless you happen to know this for some reason or another, you would be kind of screwed.

Yes that how it is supposed to work but it doesn't. You can check last events announcement thread and see multiple people doing just what you descriped for tens of games and not getting that triggered.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

View PostCurccu, on 16 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yes that how it is supposed to work but it doesn't. You can check last events announcement thread and see multiple people doing just what you descriped for tens of games and not getting that triggered.

It fails to mention one more thing.
The damage has to be done by a locked on missile...
And it was either that it had to be fired by someone else during the time it was countered OR it had to be fired by you (I can't remember which but only one of those two worked).

#9 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

View PostCurccu, on 16 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

It required the target to be hit with lock-on weapons while you were countering the ECM. It's frustrating because of three things.
  • If someone else was already countering the enemies ECM they would get the credit instead.
  • If the enemy was in counter-ECM mode there's nothing for you to counter.
  • People were actually bringing AMS... in hopes of padding for that 500 matchscore, but still AMS!

#10 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostKoniving, on 16 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

It fails to mention one more thing.
The damage has to be done by a locked on missile...
And it was either that it had to be fired by someone else during the time it was countered OR it had to be fired by you (I can't remember which but only one of those two worked).

Locked damage requires someone else to be using your lock. In the event of UAV locked you can you can score it using your own UAV as long as you're using the lock from the UAV and not your own LOS.

#11 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:11 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 February 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Locked damage requires someone else to be using your lock. In the event of UAV locked you can you can score it using your own UAV as long as you're using the lock from the UAV and not your own LOS.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. I got mine without trying while doing the UAV challenge so I am a bit surprised some people had issues with it. Again though, If you were unluck enough finish the UAV event, without getting a locked damage and didn't know how what you needed to do, I can imagine it getting really frustrating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users