Technical Suggestion Pls

2 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:13 PM

the 1060 is an ok budget card i suppose. it would help to know what you are currently running, my previous card was a 750ti and the 1060 6-gig certainly was an upgrade. i usually never spend more than $200 on video.

but that could just be nvidia fanboism. im not biased i just go with what i know and ive been using nvidia since 3dfx went tango uniform. i wouldn't know what ati to get that is equivalent to my current nvidia card. though with rtx out you might be able to swing a lower price on a 1070 or even a used 1080 (retired mining hardware for example).

id google for some benchmarks that compare candidate cards and use that to get an idea of what will work out best for you.

i dont think the ryzen will affect video much. i looked into a 2700+ when i did my rebuild in october but ended up going blue again (8086k). it pretty much came down to mobo selection. i do itx builds and none of the ryzen itx boards out at the time could do dual m.2 without gimping the pcie slot down to 8 lanes. that's probably not an issue on larger form factors though. give the manual a read through before you buy anything.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 February 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#2 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

View PostChristina MacKenzie, on 16 February 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Hi all players, my PC is really old and I need to buy a new one.
Assuming the MB will be a B450M and CPU Ryzen 2600, 16 GB RAM 3000 MHz I have some doubts about Video Card.
I've found for 209 € a Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX570 8 Gb GDDR5 but most of friends o'mine told me that AMD video cards are crappy, so they suggest me a Zotac GeForce GTX1060 AMP! with 3 or 4Gb GDDR5.

So, what to choose, an RX570 with 8Gb or a GTX1060 with 3-4 Gb?

PS: seen CPU is AMD, can it influence working with AMD or Nvidia video cards?

THX a lot

I took some money in the hands in juni and buyed also a Ryzen R5 2600 cpu+ Gigabyte AB450M- DS3H mainboard
2x8gb crucial ballistix ram and a samsung SSD and a new corsair vs550 power adapter. I payed for all together somewhere bout 550 euro i think. But it was absolutly worth it.
Only my 2year old nvidia geforce gtx960 gt video card left in. Was lucky as i buyed the stuff, the mainboard and cpu was on sale.

verything is running very fine. MWO with 160 -180 fps without vsync only in the ingame videosettings i switched anti aliasing to post fx.
That seemd to burdened the perfomance and I was wondering on first test run after the works on my pc, why it runs below my expectations.
After switching AA, everything was fine and running in expected perfomance.
I do not have any issues with amd cpu + nvidia videocard.That setup runs very fine for me

Edited by Mighty Spike, 21 February 2019 - 05:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users