3 replies to this topic

#1 RaptorRage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLB-79

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

Vam posted up on the HGA Steam page an update regarding the latest status of the game. Nedless to say it is effectively being held for ransom by the current management of TokenPlay to be made playable by the community again.

https://steamcommuni...52426714033015/

PLAY Management wants $200,000 CDN to bring HGA OnlineThanks Steam for the admin assist!

Who am I? I am the Founder, Producer and Dev of HGA. I was also the Founder of MekTek and Dev on the MekPaks for MechWarrior4: Mercs. And I'm P I S S E D.

The management of PLAY did not allow James Taylor, current Producer of HGA, to proceed with bringing the game back online for everyone here to play. Despite my best efforts to try help James bring HGA online it was clearly not understood by PLAY management. After further conversations with PLAY management it is apparent that the current CEO, Chris Irwin, thought we did something underhanded by trying to bring the game back online with help from TurboPlay[www.turboplay.com] - which he would have benefited from via sales of the game. I don't understand what their problem is. Current management of PLAY do not understand videogames and certainly don't understand the differences between software licenses and distribution agreements. I offered to help for FREE for the players of HGA and all they did was put out a press release that was untrue and stomped all over the opportunity (no pun intended). I didn't offer to help, for them. I offered to help, for the players.

This was our unreleased e3 trailer!

Posted Image

YouTube™ Video: Heavy Gear Assault E3 Trailer 2018
Views: 2,461
Come check out the our fresh new trailer for E3 2018!

I AM SO MAD OVER THIS! #SAVEHGA

You deserve to have this version of the game. You deserve your ESL tournament we planned. You paid for it! You crowdfunded it! You backed it!

After being wrongfully terminated. I did everything in my power to ensure the game would continue development and the e3 patch would be released. Which looks great. But the PLAY management did everything in their power to ensure the game stays offline. They've now offered to sell me the entire company for $200,000 CDN. This is obviously alot of money and something that I think is unreasonable. The funds could be raised. But this an open conversation I want to have with the community before I respond to PLAY management.

I responded to Chris Irwin, CEO of PLAY, to let him know I am considering a crowdfunding campaign to raise the $200,000 CDN that he and PLAY Management are demanding from me to bring HGA back online for everyone and release our e3 patch with esl support. I am looking to use information, such as emails, phone calls, and other potentially confidential info from PLAY demonstrating how PLAY was killed by the BridgeMark penny stock scandal [https://www.nsnews.com/investigation-vancouver-s-bridgemark-stock-scandal-rocks-b-c-capital-markets-1.23624452. I believe alot of people will be interested in this story. How a videogame got in the way of a penny stock scandal.

I completely disagree with PLAY Management asking for $200,000 but I don't believe the community here nor the HG Universe should suffer either.

I've spent an incredible amount of personal time, money, and effort to date to get to this point to where this conversation is at least happening. I believe the entire community here has a right to their game. That is what I promised the HG community. PLAY Management have zero intentions of ever supporting the HG community again based on what the CEO told me, directly. So the assets should be released to someone that will.

The last remaining guy on the inside, James Taylor, took matters into his own hands and tried to get the game online for everyone and the result was a total s h i t s h o w.

It is frustrating because $200,000 would also pay for months of development or a really great marketing campaign. So it saddens me that a random $200,000 would be given to a company that doesn't have any interest in supporting the game anymore. According to my direct conversations with the CEO.

The community that backed this game deserves better. Last I heard, PLAY Management are going to turn PLAY into a Cannabis company. Many of the devs were the original devs on the MekPak series and cared deeply about the mech community as a whole. It was/is a punch to the gut for everyone involved.

James was going to make the game free using the Rocket League/ESL setup. We had a contract in place with ESL to support the effort. We were meeting with ESL weekly to launch a kickass tournament while making the game free to draw more players in. I actually think it was a great business plan. Of course everyone that bought the game before would get some huge incentives for doing so. Shifting to a skins and inventory business model. Same model as Fortnite and others but PLAY Management KILLED it.

I suggest everyone upset over this situation to reach out to the CEO, Chris Irwin, and demand for the game to be brought online. Demand for him to explain what rights he has to demand for $200,000 to let us bring the game online for everyone.

This is the CEO's contact[cdn.discordapp.com] information.

And if he will not release the game without the $200,000 then the only option is to crowdfund it and make the internet aware of this outrageous situation.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

Dang.....that's all I can say.

#3 Mechwarrior Warrior Fox

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:18 PM

Has there been any word about HGA? Just asking because things have been silent...

#4 IronJavelin

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:18 PM

its deff sad cause i too used to play all the heavy gear series and wanted this game to shine (im obviously an mwo/mw3/mw5 player as well and have played the other mechwarriors and loved mech games for a long *** time so personally i got hurt by this news...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users