Marauder Iic As Front Line Mech?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:29 AM

Does anybody have any experience using the Marauder IIC as a front line Mech? I played around a bit with Smurfy and ingame with the Mechlab, arriving at this build:

https://mwo.smurfy-n...bbbad4fe2956a3d

Hot as hell, but seems to grind through enemy armour quite nicely... So the question is, is this a workable build in qp? How sturdy is the Marauder when fully mastered?

Suggestions very welcome.

#2 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

I would do something like this instead

MAD-IIC

Bigger engine for more speed, a little more firepower, better heat management, and increased engagement range.

A little bit of shield potential with the left arm, although you really should be wiggling in a MAD-IIC

#3 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:25 PM

The only thing ive been able to truly get working on the MAD2C chassis is lazor vomit (if you want shorter range use 2LPL+6MPL), and dakka vomit or dakka+ppc. You can get all of these to work up close but at least in the case of dakka setups you are better off saving armor early game then pushing into a brawl as enemies are hurt (it really does walk over enemies if left unchecked and noone focuses your right shoulder early).

You can try to scorch brawl (shottys and srms), but ive found it to be extremely suicidal since the MAD2C has a very easy to deshoulder profile up close unlike other choices, its so bad id honestly rather brawl in a MCII with shoulder boxes, thats how bad the scorch is at point blank range. If you wanna run a scorch you might wanna try something like dakka+ATMs or pure ATMs, it has range and is a decent support weapon (again, provided noone focuses you down or gets on your flank). As for sniping, ill take a MAD2C over a MCII any day, since the extremely long ranges is where its profile makes it vastly superior to alternative choices.

#4 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

Well, I do not use the Marauder for HLL & ERML vomit, I already have a Hellbringer for that. Which is why I play it as a Pulse Laser vomit mech.

I currently have 3 Assaults, Nightstar, MadCat II-B and this one. I generally feel more comfortable playing the Marauder. No idea why. The MadCat feels more powerful with regards to damage output. But the Marauder feels more sturdy. Or maybe it is just me. And the fact that I have only played like 5 or 6 matches with it so far.

However, I can already tell that it is going to be my go-to Assault for Assault based events...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users