Code 63

5 replies to this topic

#1 viper4986

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

I was playing today and the game crashed. when I try to log in I get logon failed, code 63.
rebooted the compter. rebooted the router, ran repair, try to log on on two compters, my desktop and my laptop.....nothing.....wtf.

logon failed code 63...

any ideas? has it something to do with the patch comeing?

#2 Reverend424

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

Same issue here. Happened about 30min ago. Lost connection while in the mechlab and still getting error code 63.
Also ran a verify and everything came up clean.

#3 Frith

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

It doesn't appear to be a client side issue. Dig through a couple of forums and it appears one of the devs responded on Reddit. Apparently their office is closed due to the holiday, and they are on a skeleton staff trying to resolve the issue.

#4 magnuzor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Same issue….

#5 Zombieblowup

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

I may have info on the Code 63? I like troubleshooting before i ask.

Here are my findings:
If you are running anything VMware/Aster Multiseat/Sandboxie ect; you will get error 63.
Ive been running with and without sandboxie and ASTER to find a workaround but havent.

Backstory: Im cheap.. I play with my girlfriend on the same pc but 2 monitors. I run aster. (lets you run like vm but better)
After today's little surprise "server maintenance" everything seemed fine until logon was attempted.

I switched off aster and BOOM it worked.
I believe something was changed (probably ip auth ect) whether by accident or not i dont know.
But I would love to continue to be able to run more than one copy of MWO and not be limited to 1:1. (1 game = 1 pc)
PLEASE PGI dont make it a 1 to 1.

I'll most likely get on reddit and posting my findings. I have many journals on this stuff.

If anyone needs any more info on Aster/VM/Sandboxie please feel free to DM or whatever (ive done quite a bit of work on this stuff other than just MWO)

Thanks!!

#6 viper4986

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

there is more to this at the server end, like I said the game dropped and I can not log in on two different computers so it must be something at their end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users