2Nd Place In Assaults Season 29 Looking For Unit

6 replies to this topic

#1 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:37 AM

I run assaults most of the time and usually win with most damage. Looking for a unit, hoping to be the last guy to join an already formed team...

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

You might not've gotten alot of traction here because you're somewhat misrepresenting yourself.

You're second in only the wins category, with a 1.07 WLR; not the traditional assessment among the community on what constitutes a top place on the relevant leader board sections. You've got nothing to be ashamed of with an average matchscore of 250 in assaults, but it puts you more in the "average" player category. Nothing wrong with being transparent about where you are when looking for a team. Just a thought.

#3 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostMUNTAFIRE2, on 07 February 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

2Nd Place In Assaults Season 29
Second place in number of wins total, only because you played 1060 QP matches in Assault mechs in that Season.
That only says that you play the game a lot, not that you're particularly good at it.

I (...) usually win with most damage.

https://leaderboard....hp?u=MUNTAFIRE2
You don't "usually win" - your Win/Loss ratio says you're on average a slight disadvantage to your team's odds of success and your 1.09 WLR in Season 29 was rather higher compared to your usual results.
You don't usually deal most damage either - your match score says your average damage is only around 400-ish per match, which is about par for the course for an assault mech - and your KDR and survival rates say that you need to work on your positioning and ability to spread damage.

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 14 February 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

You might not've gotten alot of traction here because you're somewhat misrepresenting yourself.
You're second in only the wins category, with a 1.07 WLR; not the traditional assessment among the community on what constitutes a top place on the relevant leader board sections. You've got nothing to be ashamed of with an average matchscore of 250 in assaults, but it puts you more in the "average" player category. Nothing wrong with being transparent about where you are when looking for a team. Just a thought.
My best guess is that he did not understand that the leaderboards are by default sorted by win count rather than any meaningful stat, nor that they can be sorted by anything else.
Would not be the first one to make that mistake.

#4 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:25 AM

Does any of the leaderboard stats really mean something?

Cause doing 400+ MS in a Madcat II and 400+ in a let say hmm gargoyle? Is not really the same thing.

But the match score isn't adjusted on that. (not like It could or must that, Beacause I think it's too much)

Just to say every leaderboard stats are to use with caution.

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:20 AM

View PostKhanBhacKeD, on 21 February 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

Does any of the leaderboard stats really mean something?
Yes, if in a somewhat abstract way.

#6 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

You just quote 1 thing out when what I want to mean is every stats individually means nothing. It's the overall stats that can mean something.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostMUNTAFIRE2, on 07 February 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

I run assaults most of the time and usually win with most damage. Looking for a unit, hoping to be the last guy to join an already formed team...

You should add your location, having a SEA based unit if you're from the EU isn't going to go well for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users