Who The Hell Thought This Was A Good Idea?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:35 AM

Posted Image

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:21 AM

I did. The spacing is kinda wonky though. I would also move the leaderboard down further. No one cares about the current Top 10 Solaris Boys.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:22 AM

you think it’s a good idea to hide the match details behind the user interface?

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:47 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 20 February 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

you think it’s a good idea to hide the match details behind the user interface?

Oh gosh I did not see that. wtf PGI?

#5 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:56 AM

Is it possible to click just above the 1,500 and drag it down again?? Posted Image

PS. I thought the OP was originally talking about that big yellow X on side torso.... and I thought Yes.
Yes that is a good idea. Posted Image

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

The x’s and red/green scheme is a theme i carry on most of my solaris builds.

But no, the box is fixed. Can’t be moved.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostAkillius, on 20 February 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Is it possible to click just above the 1,500 and drag it down again?? Posted Image

PS. I thought the OP was originally talking about that big yellow X on side torso.... and I thought Yes.
Yes that is a good idea. Posted Image

Nope. It's not possible - I tried as well.

And depending on the player name / division or whatever it seems to move some stuff even HIGHER than others so some of the window is entirely off the screen.

Sometimes if you get say 5 matches available to watch in the list...
  • Match 1 - cant see full details
  • Match 2 - can't see full details, but you can see a little more.
  • Match 3 - back to normal, only a tad cutoff (from memory).

It would appear that changing the layout was not tested. This would show up pretty easy.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 February 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 February 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Nope. It's not possible - I tried as well.

And depending on the player name / division or whatever it seems to move some stuff even HIGHER than others so some of the window is entirely off the screen.

Sometimes if you get say 5 matches available to watch in the list...
  • Match 1 - cant see full details
  • Match 2 - can't see full details, but you can see a little more.
  • Match 3 - back to normal, only a tad cutoff (from memory).
It would appear that changing the layout was not tested. This would show up pretty easy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really it's a small thing...the biggest piece of information lost is what division they're playing...but it's information I liked having.

One thing I considered is that it might be a resolution thing. I play 1080, thought maybe it works with other resolutions but every resolution I tried on my monitor, and 1920 x 1200 monitor, got the same effect.

Just something implemented without testing.

#9 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

The Watch List still does not function at all for me. Nothing ever populates even when I am in discord with others who are telling me real time what is in it. Does anyone have a solution for this???

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 20 February 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Really it's a small thing...the biggest piece of information lost is what division they're playing...but it's information I liked having.

One thing I considered is that it might be a resolution thing. I play 1080, thought maybe it works with other resolutions but every resolution I tried on my monitor, and 1920 x 1200 monitor, got the same effect.

Just something implemented without testing.

I'm @ 1440p and it does exactly the same for me. So it's fairly safe to say that it is not a screen resolution issue. It's just a un-tested change issue.

The first thing I look at was the division - to see if it's something I'm interested in watching lol... So it's definately annoying to not have that.

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 20 February 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

The Watch List still does not function at all for me. Nothing ever populates even when I am in discord with others who are telling me real time what is in it. Does anyone have a solution for this???

That is even more weird.

Altohugh in US Peak, even when I might be watching or whatever many cycles go past and zero matches show up. Can be 6 in a single queue and not one match will appear cause everyone is too far apart in ELO to show up there Posted Image

#11 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 February 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

I'm @ 1440p and it does exactly the same for me. So it's fairly safe to say that it is not a screen resolution issue. It's just a un-tested change issue.

The first thing I look at was the division - to see if it's something I'm interested in watching lol... So it's definately annoying to not have that.

That is even more weird.

Altohugh in US Peak, even when I might be watching or whatever many cycles go past and zero matches show up. Can be 6 in a single queue and not one match will appear cause everyone is too far apart in ELO to show up there Posted Image

Yeah I thought it might be that but with the changes to watch people at nearly every level and my buddies telling me to watch THIS match or THAT match that they are watching I just had to accept something isnt working.
If anyone else had this issue would love a fix.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

I have matches sometimes show up... Ok not sometimes, regularly, that I click on and then 5-10s later it says

"match not available".

Then the match disappears. Then it reappears 5s later... Same message if I click on it (match time says its only going for 10s). This repeats 2-3 times lol.

I think there are definately some bugs around the entire thing.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 February 2019 - 01:41 PM.

#13 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 20 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Yeah I thought it might be that but with the changes to watch people at nearly every level and my buddies telling me to watch THIS match or THAT match that they are watching I just had to accept something isnt working.
If anyone else had this issue would love a fix.

that sounds like something you should forward to technical@mwomercs.com

#14 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

I will just start a thread about it somewhere lol

#15 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 February 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

I have matches sometimes show up... Ok not sometimes, regularly, that I click on and then 5-10s later it says

"match not available".

Then the match disappears. Then it reappears 5s later... Same message if I click on it (match time says its only going for 10s). This repeats 2-3 times lol.

I think there are definately some bugs around the entire thing.

I've had that happen, too...but I assume there's some kind of server issue and it gets bounced. About one in ten matches I get kicked back to the lobby after map banning and it says "no servers available". Re-launch and I usually get the same guy and it goes straight through.

#16 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:57 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 February 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

It seems the two of us are important enough that when we complain about a thing, PGI fixes it eventually.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users