Multi Legged Battle Mechs.

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Sould we see multi legged or tracked battle mechs (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Sould we see multi legged or tracked battle mechs

1. Yes please! (14 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No it will breake balance (1 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. other -please leave a message- (1 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LDTorroc

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

I have to start this off by saying It has been an great honor to be a founder for this game, Seeing were it has come and the growth it had had over these many years. Seeing mechs i could never have dreamed seeing added but now lets talk about something i don't think i have seen many have talked about.

Multi legged Battle mechs and Tracked battle mechs.

in the battle tech and mech warrior games there have been a multitude of multi legged and tracked battle mechs. Many of these mechs were known for their reliability, agility, over all capability for bearing heavy load, or being weapon support platforms for siege warfare.

Many of these advantaged were seen by both IC and Clans alike promoting the development of these kinds of mechs.

Many will ask if these mechs were so good why did we not see more of them well the problem with this was cost and complexity when working with more then just two legs now you have to sync the movement of four upwards to as many as six or eight legs on some mechs, this would test the capability of many of the engines with in both forces but was not impossible. Crippling a single leg on a multi legged mech didn't exactly leave this mech rendered useless having to take as much as three legs to do this it would mean light and medium mechs who depended on these kinds of movement would beable to make it past enemy fire and defences such a land mines alittle easier and have a long effect on the battle field. The down side was these mechs were their up keep and repair if damaged in battle.

As with any mech multilegged and tracked battle mechs came in many weight classes each being built for their own role and purpose on the battle field, such as the the IC Tarantula
, or the clan Snow fox with were both light mechs with were ment for fast movements and and run attacks like any mech.

One of the biggest arguments i will hear when i bring this up will be that multilegged mechs can not torso twist. This is true for the most part with many mech but there were some mechs built on multiple legs with did have torso and turrets attached on top of them.

With this being said Multi legged mechs will require a little more dedication and skill to master due to the fact they do not have torso twisting in the common sense they would drive closer to say a car. But being as they are on all fours, they are able to more easily shift their position and turn their entire body in a rapid pace to keep up with the heat of battle.

List of multi limbed

Antlion
Arana
Arion
Balius
Barghest
Bishamon
Blue Flame
Boreas
Cyllaros
Fire Scorpion
Goliath
Great Turtle
Harpagos
Jaguar
Lich
Notos
Revenant
Sarath
Scorpion battlemech/lam
Sirocco
Snow Fox
Stalking Spider 1 and 2
Tarantula
Thunder Fox
Thunder Stallion
Trebaruna
Ursa
White flame
Xanthos

Change Log
Added types of multi legged mechs with and with out turrets

Edited by LDTorroc, 26 February 2019 - 04:37 AM.

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

Umm what's IC? ANd I'd like quad mechs and others,but no transfomers so no quadvee's please and they'd have to be balanced somehow....not sure what the best way is to balance them,but i'd like a snow Fox https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Snow_Fox redesigned to look slightly like an actual Fox Posted Image Maybe make it a non-cannon Omni?

Load it up with small pulse and your ready to go I'd really like the 3 variant

Edited by KursedVixen, 20 February 2019 - 11:11 AM.

#3 Yarumai

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

I would gladly have a nonbiped mech, but i fear, that the Cryengine will **** the bed if somone wants to implement a nonbiped frame into the Game.

#4 LDTorroc

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostYarumai, on 21 February 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

I would gladly have a nonbiped mech, but i fear, that the Cryengine will **** the bed if somone wants to implement a nonbiped frame into the Game.

cryengine has always been a vary robust engine, i think it could handle it quite well. I think the designers may have a bit of an issue more then the engine would.

#5 LDTorroc

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:46 AM

Updated first post.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

View PostLDTorroc, on 21 February 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

cryengine has always been a vary robust engine, i think it could handle it quite well. I think the designers may have a bit of an issue more then the engine would.
IF MWLL can handle Aerospace AND tanks i doubt it can't handle quads.

Personally speaking though, I think PGI is a little inept with the cryengine.

Edited by KursedVixen, 09 March 2019 - 09:45 PM.

#7 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:44 AM

I wouldn't mind getting a Fire Scorpion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users