67 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

ROADMAP UPDATE!
Greetings MechWarriors,

It's time again for an update on the coming months of content currently planned for MechWarrior Online. Let's take a look at what's coming in March, April, and May!

March
Patch Date: March 19th

• PGI Original: Corsair 'Mech!
  • Free Corsair Hero Variant for 2018 Winter Holiday Giveaway
    - More details about this variant can be found here!
    - Check your eligibility here!
  • 3060s Weapon Retrofits for 7 'Mech chassis:
    - Bushwacker
    - Huntsman
    - Kodiak
    - Marauder IIC
    - Night Gyr
    - Supernova
    - Viper
  • Bolt-on Retrofits for Warhammer IIC
  • Re-release of Classic Quick Play Maps:
    - Forest Colony Classic
    - Forest Colony Winter Classic
    - Frozen City Classic (Day version)
    - Frozen City Classic (Night version)
  • LRM Weapon System Changes
    - The numerous changes tested through the "Long Range Missile Update" PTS series will go live with the March patch. The changes will be very similar, but not exact to the changes tested in PTS 2.1. For those unfamiliar with the PTS, these changes focus on a change in behavior for LRMs to have different firing patterns dependent on if a target is within LOS or not. With additional changes that affect the Lock-On System, AMS, TAG, and NARC.
  • Feature Improvements:
    - Updating the End of Round Screen to display the amount of time a player has spent on a capture point.
    - Showing Sensor Range in the Mech Stats Panel.
    - Showing Structure Quirks in the same manner as Armor Quirks in the Loadout Screen.
    - Allowing players to activate a partial amount of Premium Time through the client as well as showing both active and banked Premium Time remaining.

April
Patch Date: April 16th

• Marauder II 'Mech
  • Bolt-on Retrofits for 7 'Mech chassis:
    - Bushwacker
    - Corsair
    - Huntsman
    - Marauder IIC
    - Night Gyr
    - Supernova
    - Viper
  • New Solaris Season
  • Balance Pass
  • Continuous Fixes and Improvements
  • Winter Version of Canyon Network Map

May
Patch Date: May 21st

• Rifleman IIC 'Mech
  • Bolt-on Retrofits for Marauder II
  • Trial 'Mechs Update
  • Balance Pass
  • Bonus 'Mech Variants for MW5 Pre-Orders
  • Faction Play Update
    - The Faction Play Update will be released with major changes to how Faction Play is activated and how the match maker will work. Additional items will be detailed as they come on line in the interim.

That covers it for this look ahead at upcoming MechWarrior Online content and releases, MechWarriors. We'll see you here again for our next Roadmap!

#2 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:36 PM

First

#3 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Shouldn't this be in the Command Chair forum?

#4 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:00 AM

Old maps and reskins don't count as new maps. We still want new maps, not whatever you can cobble together in the cheapest possible way.

#5 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

I think it will be fun to see old school maps . Heck this will be brand new for me who joined later .

#6 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

Can a dev confirm that the FP update as described above will be the same MM and team formation elements as described in Pauls matchmaker update video from a couple months ago (i.e. SSR being used to form teams, etc.)? If there have been changes to the system previously proposed could we get an updated description of how it will work? Thanks.

#7 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, the most interesting thing about this roadmap is if it will manage to revive FP, and how.

#8 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

This roadmap does not feel as large as all the previous ones but I can see some nice changes to the game there: old maps are coming back (really loooking forward to playing those, actually, for the first time), snowy version of Canyon Network (sounds like an interesting idea to improve my current favorite map), LRM update (definetly looking forward to that one) as well as the FP update (I'm definetly coming back to FP after that one).

View PostAdamant80, on 25 February 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Old maps and reskins don't count as new maps. We still want new maps, not whatever you can cobble together in the cheapest possible way.

Come on man, the whole community was asking for those maps to come back. You should also consider that those maps will be new for all the people who joined the game after they got removed.

#9 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:50 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 25 February 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

This roadmap does not feel as large as all the previous ones but I can see some nice changes to the game there: old maps are coming back (really loooking forward to playing those, actually, for the first time), snowy version of Canyon Network (sounds like an interesting idea to improve my current favorite map), LRM update (definetly looking forward to that one) as well as the FP update (I'm definetly coming back to FP after that one).

Come on man, the whole community was asking for those maps to come back. You should also consider that those maps will be new for all the people who joined the game after they got removed.

While it is nice to have more variety, it still hurts to see minimum effort being put into probably the most requested feature.

#10 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostAdamant80, on 25 February 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

While it is nice to have more variety, it still hurts to see minimum effort being put into probably the most requested feature.

I think it's too early to talk about efforts put into bringing the old maps back. Maybe they will visually enhance the maps (add better textures, skybox, props etc.) or something like that... we don't know yet. This discussion would be more apropriate when they post full details, which they don't usually do in roadmaps (in fact, I don't think anyone puts full details in roadmaps).

#11 Average Pilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised to see some of the older map versions be put back into QP circulation. However, such a list is incomplete without adding the original Terra back into the rotation. Posted Image

I'm also happy to see Canyon Network getting some wintry love, but I still believe what this map truly needs is the dynamic daytime and nighttime sun schedules. I've always though that map would have a whole new element of fun if it were given a night phase treatment (which could either be lit by moonlight on even better, be almost pitch black. I used to live in a desert area, and they take on a whole different life and feel during moonless nights, like of the blackest black). I'd also suggest the same treatment for Tourmaline Desert, at least in terms of adding a day/night cycle to the map.

I'm anxious to see what you do with the FP system. I'm a fairly smart guy, but the way the system works as it's been presented to the player has always seemed a bit wonky to me. Hopefully it will turn out better with the improvements you're planning to make.

Lastly, with respect to showing mech quirks in the mech's stats in the mech bay, it would be very helpful to be able to see the mech's quirks set off from the bonuses added by way of skill node choices, which I'd assume could be done as easily as using a different font color. However it gets done would be much appreciated.

Edited by Average Pilot, 25 February 2019 - 12:36 PM.

#12 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

Please make the ECM nodes available to non-ECM mechs to reduce detection range as a counter to the sensor range nodes.

#13 Daviar777

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

Any chance we could get a heads up on upcoming sales?
It would be nice to be able to save up for a sale you want. Right now there is a feeling of being obligated to try and get whats currently available. The sales don't need to be too specific. Just having dates and a general descriptor would be nice.

Drop Ship Deal (standard mechs)
Drop Ship Deal (Hero and Champions)
Drop shio Deal (Heavy Lifting)
Engine Sale
Mechbay sales
IS mechs 50% (or whatever %)
Clan mechs 50% (or whatever%)

To be frank, it's been so long since the last drop ship deal I don't know if you'll ever have one again.

#14 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 February 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

ROADMAP UPDATE!

Frozen City Night!!!

Also, new map!

#15 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:23 PM

View PostOdanan, on 25 February 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Frozen City Night!!!

Also, new map!

New map as in never before seen in game? When? And if a genuine new map to game that's awesome news!

#16 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Don't worry, for september roadmap will report only mw5 news...

#17 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

View PostGeewiz 27, on 25 February 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

New map as in never before seen in game? When? And if a genuine new map to game that's awesome news!

Its not, hes referring to the snow version of canyon network. Personally I would rather have seen a flooded version instead, with water all through the ravines up to most mechs ankles. (Except mass water reflections kill my FPS , i hate being dropped out in the lake on forest colony.)

#18 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:23 PM

It's disappointing to see only cosmetic items, rehashed mechs (albeit the monstrosity that is the Corsair,) and a reskinned map being all PGI has to offer for the next three months. The new features for Invasion are nice, but they were also something mentioned two MechCons ago and considering the current state of the game mode, I really think it's a little too late. I see nothing new or refreshing coming to this game and it's pretty saddening, considering how much I enjoy it.

#19 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

This is a really light roadmap...

Why so many balance passes each month? Can you not take a look at all the currently existing mechs and balance them all at once? Then tweak the new mechs you release according to a baseline? I feel that constantly having to do a balance pass after balance pass means a lack of direction in HOW you want mechs to be balanced. It's basically saying "we'll nerf/buff mechs and then buff the ones we nerfed and nerf the ones we buffed when stuff becomes unplayable/OP".

Also the re-release of former quickplay maps shouldn't even be work. The assets are already there. Just release them tomorrow if releasing them is already part of the plan.

Even the faction play update sounds anywhere from underwhelming to potentially queue time lengthening. Really disappointed at the lack of actual content coming down the pipeline.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 February 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

• Balance Pass

remove that from each month because these are givens (even expected) from any online game and it shows how really bare the roadmap looks.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 25 February 2019 - 05:55 PM.

#20 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:46 PM

Nice to see a roadmap, sad to see so little incoming. Seems really that most development is now going to MW5.

I'm curious how major, the major changes to FP will be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users