Heatspike After Side Torso Destruction Needs To Go

bug heat spike side torso

8 replies to this topic

#1 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:39 AM

as mentioned earlier:

View PostCyrilis, on 28 January 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Me an a lot of People have noticed, that you gain a massive heat spike while side torsos are getting destroyed. Seems like the actual present heat gets re-distributet on the remaining heat sinks which may cause an instant shutdown as the heat capacity gets reduced, but the heat stays the same.

It needs to be the other way around. The remaining heat needs to be normalized (!) on the remaining number of heat sinks resulting in a constant heat level with (just) a reduced heat capacity.

PLS address this PGI. Its really annoying when you come back from a nice and cosy shutdown (no pun intended) and just get shot into another one without having actually produced any heat!

reproducibility: always and everywhere... all chassis

#2 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:05 AM

Work as intended for the heat sink mechanic change.

Read the patchnote from 3 month ago (didn't remember well)

BTW it like this from here.

So it's normal.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:34 AM

The few videos I have seen where players had complained had the players running redline, between 90-100% in a brawl type situation while losing a ST, running with override disabled about firing again. For many mechs that ST loss equates to around 20% approximate Heat Bar/scale removal, with that percentage going lower based on the number of HS put into the engine HS slots.

https://mwomercs.com...12#entry6219112

15 teHS (this is a Timberwolf with only HS in the engine, both base/engine slots.

Heat bar/scale: Base 30 + 10eHS + 0.5*5 eslotHS = 30 + 2*10 + 2.50 = 52.50 heat scale/bar = 100 %

Destroyed ST = 40% tHS = 6 teHS lost out of 15 teHS leaving 60% teHS
6 teHS lost, does that number actual 10 eHS? I bet it does but since the was removed from the bottom it never really affected anyone. (answered the question with the patch notes listed below)

****Base 30 + 4 eHS remaining + 5 eslotHS = new heat scale/bar = 30 + 2*4 + 0.5*5 = 40.5 = New 100% heat scale/bar

40.5/52.5 = 77.14% of original Heat scale/bar left, losing 22.76% of the heat scale/bar.

*****WIth a cXL/LFE engine with only 10 teHS in it, 4 out of 10 HS lost.
30 + 2*6 teHS = 30 + 12 = 42

42/50 = 84% if the heat scale/bar actually scaled this max %. Technically the mech lost 16% of its heat scale bar when it lost 40% of the heat sinks. But that loss was originally reflected by coming off the bottom so there was no real, instant negative effect of losing even the engine total heatsinks.

The current STorso destroyed mechanic should stay in place but make those non-STD engines equivalent to what occurs when the 1st ST is lost.

isXL 40% Engine heat D / 25% movement
cXL 25-30% EHD / 20% movement
LFE 15-20% EHD / 15% movement

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6213917

Would I expect PGI to reverse the decision to remove the Heat Sink loss from the top instead of the bottom, as the original setup? No, I do not but that does not mean we can not change those percentages while equalizing the engines when a ST is lost. And since they have shown they can split up the HS components, it is also possible to do that with the penalties, such besides the movement/agility penalty, break up that currently 40% combo dissipation rate AND Heat Bar/Scale capacity reduction into separate components.

isXL 40% Engine heat D / 25% movement / % Heat Bar/scale lost capacity
cXL 25-30% EHD / 20% movement / ""
LFE 15-20% EHD / 15% movement / ""

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 February 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#4 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

Why would IS XLs need to add heat when the whole mech is destroyed if you lose a side torso?

#5 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

While I agree there should be penalties to heat sink/ engine blow outs etc... the current system is too easy to exploit. A side torso destruction almost always result in a shutdown. So rather than aiming CT, players can just aim for side torso, then wreck the enemy once it is shutdown. no more aiming CT needed.

I'm kind of used to it by now when piloting a PIR. See a weak side? Blow it out and circle to enemy back, and nail it from behind during shutdown

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 23 February 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Why would IS XLs need to add heat when the whole mech is destroyed if you lose a side torso?

To bring make the engines equivalent when damaged, not the current isXL= dead while LFE/cXL=lives (provided not running near 100% when that ST blows) in an environment that does not have a true BT engine crit system in place.

#7 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

I always aimed at ST anyway, even before this mechanic was added. Mostly when fighting Clan mech's anyway, but also did so on IS mechs that usually tend to favor XL builds. But ever since LE's were added for IS, I've been doing ST on mostly everything anyway, even big IS assaults on the off-chance they have a LE equipped. The heat mechanic that was added just made my approach sound more reasonable to others who were always the 'only aim CT' group.

I actually like this mechanic. Yes, it's happened to me, but most of the time it does, it's because I was also getting heated up by flamers. That may be the only time I get a little raged about it. Otherwise it rarely happens to me with how I manage my heat, just as I rarely even need to throw override on. When it does happen in other instances, then it was my fault.

Edited by Sevronis, 24 February 2019 - 05:55 PM.

#8 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 23 February 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

While I agree there should be penalties to heat sink/ engine blow outs etc... the current system is too easy to exploit. A side torso destruction almost always result in a shutdown. So rather than aiming CT, players can just aim for side torso, then wreck the enemy once it is shutdown. no more aiming CT needed.

I'm kind of used to it by now when piloting a PIR. See a weak side? Blow it out and circle to enemy back, and nail it from behind during shutdown

You don't shutdown every time, you have to think about your heat when you fire, (like explained before, loosing a side torso result in a 20 to 30 % heat spike. Btw it's actually a big boost to be able to fight after the loose of the st than before. (before you loose a %of your total, now you loose the exact amount the heatsinks are)

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 25 February 2019 - 05:11 AM.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

View PostKhanBhacKeD, on 25 February 2019 - 05:08 AM, said:

snip... (before you loose a %of your total, now you loose the exact amount the heatsinks are)

That is incorrect. Previously the capacity was still being reduced, along with dissipation but the capacity portion had been removed from the bottom of the heat bar instead from the top of the heat bar/scale. So a player could ride the redline, push and not worry THAT much about losing a ST, only needed to worry about how slower the heat would dissipate.

Previous Heat bar/scale
50...> 40...vv Old setting
.......> 40 New setting - The top section is now removed instead of the bottom section
.......>>>>>>0....Old setting- bottom section was removed
0.....>^^^^^^ 0 - New setting- stays here now

So it was there, the bar was still being shrunk but nothing to worry much about when that ST is popped, ie one did not really need to "Think" about it. Now one does when being severely damaged....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users