Come On, Guys

11 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

This latest comp event was posted on Feb 7th, the same day that signups started. Why not give us some advance notice?

And only 17 days to sign up? And no in-game notifications about it until today's sale & event, when it's too late to sign up?

If there is another event like this in the future, and I know about it in time, I'll play.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Ok so I've made:
1 x Post here
2 x Posts on OutreachHPG (which is for MWO). Also I think a 3rd post made on OHPG about the new MWO Comp Discord.

Live made:
1 x Post here about the New Comp Discord on 25th Jan

PGI have made two posts on the front page:
7th Feb - Community Spotlight post (on front page) by Tina, linking to one of my threads about it
26th Feb - Sale & further reminder etc by Matt

I don't mean to be rude here - but honestly - what more do you want? More than 4 weeks of notice has been given of this single 6-week competition. There will be more run by us during the year. This was before you even created your account with MWO Posted Image

Some teams are still taking players for this current season (yet to start). So if you actually want to get involved then get on the Discord and get involved.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 27 February 2019 - 09:16 PM.

#3 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:39 AM

"26th Feb - Sale & further reminder etc by Matt"

That's kinda my point. A "reminder" on the 26th doesn't help when signups ended on the 24th. The PGI announcement on the 26th is when I first heard about it... that's the source of my frustration.

I don't blame you or the community, but PGI made a minimal effort here. If they're going to promote the event via official posts on the website & an in-game sale, it would be more effective to start that process before signups have begun.

Edit: I appreciate the sale though! And looking forward to more competitions this year.

Edited by Dionysian, 28 February 2019 - 04:44 AM.

#4 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:38 AM

You made your account on the 17th Feb. I mean it's pretty clear it's a alt/smurf...

Anyway the first notice went up on the 7th Feb, from PGI. There is no one really at faul here and you're complaining unncessesarily.

End of the day it is a community run league / competition. PGI have given us two front page posts which usually doesn't happen. They put on a sale and also an event to highlight it. Plus donating a pile of MC (usually around 300k MC). Staff have replied to every request/issue we've had and even got some information ahead of time so we could make important league decisions.

That is well above minimal effort and something we are very thankful for, always.

17 days is more than enough to sign up. We've been doing this a long time. If we give people 4-6 weeks to sign up things just lose steam/interest and drags the league timeline out unncessesarily. Last year the signup was IIRC, 12 days.

I would again suggest joining the discord and try being recruited by one of the teams looking for players.

#5 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

Roger that - I will look for info from community channels in the future.

And I'm no event planner, but I maintain that PGI's announcement on the very day of signups was later than optimal, and the announcement should've been more visible either in-game or on the website. Glad to hear they're helping behind the scenes Posted Image

#6 Eindridi

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

This forum isn’t exactly a secret, if you are even marginally interested in the comp format it takes zero effort to check it every few days. If you watch twitch even only occasionally, you would see people streaming scrims and discussing comp.
You put zero effort into getting involved, with the singular exception being complaining that not enough effort was made by the general community to include you.

#7 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostEindridi, on 28 February 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

This forum isn’t exactly a secret, if you are even marginally interested in the comp format it takes zero effort to check it every few days. If you watch twitch even only occasionally, you would see people streaming scrims and discussing comp.
You put zero effort into getting involved, with the singular exception being complaining that not enough effort was made by the general community to include you.

If you had better reading comprehension, you would see that I already clarified that I was not complaining about "the community", I only questioned PGI's effort to promote the season via official channels. And I question their decision to start promoting it after the signup period is already over.

#8 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

This isn't a PGI run tournament, the developer has ****all to do with promoting it.

Edited by Prototelis, 28 February 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#9 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 28 February 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

This isn't a PGI run tournament

Correct.

, the developer has ****all to do with promoting it.

They weren't obligated to, but they did promote it to some extent. I believe it would be beneficial for the players, and for PGI, if they would just promote these events a little better. Hence my feedback.

#10 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

In the interests of transparency, how much does PGI pay ASH to be their voice of reason?

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

I don't get paid a cent.

I've been quite critical in many areas, especially around balance and Faction Play. Had some strong discussions @ Mechcon on a number of issues as well.

However when it comes to Competitive and PGI support / help that is given to the community leagues and comps/fundraisers and so on. That is second to none and I'm fully behind that. Why would I not be saying a job well done for a job well done?

#12 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 28 February 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

In the interests of transparency, how much does PGI pay ASH to be their voice of reason?

I would hope they would listen someones voice of reason on many things... many many people who understand this games mechanics better than PGI has offered their insight for free but no... +20 m/s for lurms and even more for ATMs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users