#1 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

Read it like this: https://youtu.be/HpVhSx0fZwM?t=45

WTF DO YOU DO WITH THIS MECH?!
Fkin seriously!!!
It has no armor, it has no mobility, it has no hardpoints. Piece of sht has nothing going for it! It's so fkin bad you can't even strap a 100% Cbill bonus on it because the garbage wouldn't be able to utilize it properly! PPCs are too hot for it, sniping with ERs is just so wrong on an assault, it can piss LURMs or missiles because it has only one hardpoint for that but too little energy points for any actual vomit, it's missing a ballistic, it handles like some 100t mechs but it's armored like a heavy, it can strap JJs and a huge engine but that just means you'll take longer to stop the mech from moving!
I've tried all pulses, Large and medium combo, quad medium, quad ppcs, lasers and double PPCs, lasers pulse lasers and ATMs, LRMs, JJs, this and that. The thing is absolute garbage. IF ANY of its stats were good, it would be a bearable mech but this is just rubish! There are light mechs that can carry more firepower, have more hardpoints, there are 100t mechs more mobile than this, there are mediums and heavies as armored if not more than this...
It's not a mech that rides the mediocrity line, it's a mech that pulls itself on the bottom with whatever comes out of Kodiaks bum when it unloads quad UAC/10.
I just don't know what to do with it... I've had mechs which which I didn't know what to do because I was cursed with them but this is just insane... What is a good or usable build on this thing?! It's flat out garbage!
Help me! I want to enjoy this mech but unless it gets insane buffs I don't know what to do with it, it's just so bad you can solo two of these with a medium! I've seen it done! It's not that hard!
I mean ffs I soloed a couple of em in my Blackjack!

For now I've settled on 26 double heat sinks, 2 ppcs, 3 medium lasers, 4jjs, xl 360. So far working out the best, though still absolute garbage compared to any other mech and build I have in the bay.

Edited by Acersecomic, 28 February 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

2ERPPC / 1 ATM12 (3t) and 2ERML. XL350 and JJs

Easy if you can handle 3 mouse buttons.

Nothing wrong with the mech, just gotta know how to use it.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 28 February 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

For now I've settled on 26 double heat sinks, 2 ppcs, 3 medium lasers, 4jjs, xl 360. So far working out the best, though still absolute garbage compared to any other mech and build I have in the bay.

Though I agree that the mech overall is in a hard place, there are things it can do reasonably well. However, it is a very difficult mech to work with and make builds on.

I agree it has too few hardpoints in general. It doesn't have enough energy to effectively focus on that. It doesn't have enough missiles to do much with that, and it honestly would only need two missile hardpoints to do reasonable with LRMs or ATMs, and then five energy HPs would be okay.

The best build I snaked out of this thing ended up being two CERPPCs, 3 HSLs and a single LRM15 with only a couple tons of ammo. Maxed engine and JJs (I believe). Of course, this worked for me, and it's "okay". It's not a great mech, but I can sneak out enough performance to make myself happy with it.

#4 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:27 PM

2LPL+3MPL+TC7+JJ+AMS. Not really big alpha, but pretty agile and nice sustain.

#5 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:27 AM

LOL, 5MPL + 12 ATM, MAX JJ.
Fast, agile, jumpy mech.
1K is easy mode in it.
JJ are the key of dmg spread and dmg deal from different angle.
Play it like medium ;)

#6 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:23 AM

Try this. I have success with it:
BLUDGEON

A7<E50O1|l^|l^|l^|l^|l^|l^|Bfpo0|l^|mB|l^|l^|ZR|BCqo0|l^|l^|l^|OCrd0|l^|l^|OCsd0|l^|l^|OC|l<2tj0|l^uj0|l^v80|mBw505050

Skills

a5f5f9b0f700dda50bccff7fb7f00000000000000e86f633e214380000000

Normally I don't like streaks, but in this case they work because you don't have to alter your aim to shoot the missiles and lasers at the same time. While you track with the long laser burn with arm lock enabled, the missiles lock on and fire. Single ATM12 is useless because it gets decimated by AMS.

Edited by Mister Maf, 01 March 2019 - 01:34 AM.

#7 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:50 AM

Been playing it off and on, far from the worst mech but it really is limited. Large engine has it moving like a heavy, it has enough armor but only 5 Energy hard points and 1 Missile hard point doesn't give you many options for weapon layouts unless you like ATMs. Watch people play it like a oversized Griffin with a large ATM launcher and MPLs, unfortunately I don't like ether LRMs or ATMs (not my play style) I'm having fun with the PPC build but not getting much in damage as my other mechs (PPCs still have terrible hit reg) Heavy Lasers or ER may build close to the Hellbringer may be a better way to go.

#8 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

2 HLL, 3 ERML 28DHS XL385 if you want laser vommit

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Read it like this: https://youtu.be/HpVhSx0fZwM?t=45

WTF DO YOU DO WITH THIS MECH?!
Fkin seriously!!!
bla bla bla~

It's not the mechs fault. Still to a mech which can cover your insufficant skills.

#10 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:09 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 February 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

2ERPPC / 1 ATM12 (3t) and 2ERML. XL350 and JJs

Easy if you can handle 3 mouse buttons.

Nothing wrong with the mech, just gotta know how to use it.

So much wrong with the mech. Slow, slugish, lack or armor, lack of hardpoints... And a single ATM is not really worth its 7 tons because a single AMS negates its damage very well.

View PostGweNTLeR, on 28 February 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

2LPL+3MPL+TC7+JJ+AMS. Not really big alpha, but pretty agile and nice sustain.

TC sounds interesting but I already have mechs with similar build, this is just not enough for an assault, especially not a slow slugish mech. If it was on a fast mover, sure, but this is a Bludgeon. For example, I can do x2 LPL x6 MPL with 3JJs, TCI and 26 heat sinks. Sure it is slower but certainly doesn't feel so slugish.

View PostMichal R, on 01 March 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

LOL, 5MPL + 12 ATM, MAX JJ.
Fast, agile, jumpy mech.
1K is easy mode in it.
JJ are the key of dmg spread and dmg deal from different angle.
Play it like medium Posted Image

Can't because it is too slugish xD A medium can pop in and out, I can cut a torso from a Bludgeon that peeks out before it can return to cover.

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 01 March 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

2 HLL, 3 ERML 28DHS XL385 if you want laser vommit

Tried that one actually. Worked absolutely terribly for me. Long exposure, hiding a lot...

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 01 March 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

It's not the mechs fault. Still to a mech which can cover your insufficant skills.

You're right. It's PGI's fault.

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 01 March 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yeah! How dare they give out a free hero+mechbay. Shame on them!

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 01 March 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

I know, right? I mean, we can't just ignore it or anything... Or, you know, maybe try to figure out a build that works for us on an individual level. Or, we also can't wait and see if it gets any buffs/quirks down the road, like most mechs do.

View PostAcersecomic, on 01 March 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

PS: If you are that upset about a free mech given to you of a mech chassis that isn't even out for C-bills yet, you can always ask support to remove the mech from your account. Be warned though, it will remove the mechbay it came with as well AND you will never be able to get it back (for free at least) again...

#13 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

2xLPL+3xERML, boat heat sinks,

#14 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 01 March 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Hey, can you imagine if the gift was good? I'm glad we'll be getting the Corsair because that thing looks more than usable, but the Bludgeon is just ugh... imagine if it also had a ballistic point or another missile point. POOF, suddenly in a new league. Out of trash and into the light.
This isn't a complaint about free stuff, this is a complaint about a **** mech.

View PostTesunie, on 01 March 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

I know, right? I mean, we can't just ignore it or anything... Or, you know, maybe try to figure out a build that works for us on an individual level. Or, we also can't wait and see if it gets any buffs/quirks down the road, like most mechs do.

PS: If you are that upset about a free mech given to you of a mech chassis that isn't even out for C-bills yet, you can always ask support to remove the mech from your account. Be warned though, it will remove the mechbay it came with as well AND you will never be able to get it back (for free at least) again...

What I'd like is a buff. A serious buff to its mobility, or an extra missile or ballistic hardpoint, or quirks that will significanly improve it and make it a good mech that is not a detrement to the team.
No, I don't care how much someone's smug @$$ thinks they can do good, the game doesn't revolve around the 1% of players who along with their actual skill are born under a lucky star so they get ignored to an unhealthy amount and are free to do their shenanigans.

#15 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:15 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 01 March 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

What I'd like is a buff. A serious buff to its mobility, or an extra missile or ballistic hardpoint, or quirks that will significanly improve it and make it a good mech that is not a detrement to the team.
No, I don't care how much someone's smug @$$ thinks they can do good, the game doesn't revolve around the 1% of players who along with their actual skill are born under a lucky star so they get ignored to an unhealthy amount and are free to do their shenanigans.

I think this variant (don't own the rest) could use some buffs, probably in agility to help pull off the smaller alpha the limited hardpoints (for it's weight) can produce. What it honestly could probably benefit from most is a Heat Scale Limiter boost of some kind, though not sure what exactly. But, I do think a triple PPC capability might be interesting, but not exactly matching to it's original loadout and role.

It probably would benefit well from just agility buffs and maybe some JJ quirks to help it utilize those JJs, it's signature aspect. Maybe not the two together, but...

Also, there was a reason I mentioned one could just ignore the mech. If it's not working for you, then just leave it be for the moment. Maybe down the line something will change or you'll find a build you enjoy on it. I've gotten reasonable leverage from it, but its far from my best mech. Then again, I'm better with medium mechs to start with, and this thing is an assault. So...

#16 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 01 March 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hey, can you imagine if the gift was good?

Again, it's not the mech, it's you. I have no problem pulling 250k a game in it (settled for quad ppc) and i'm, at best, average.
Either you don't know how to build a mech, or you don't know how to use a mech.
Not wanting to trashtalk you, just honest opinion.

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 01 March 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Either you don't know how to build a mech, or you don't know how to use a mech.

I think in honesty, it's more so he can't figure out how to use that one mech. Doesn't mean he can't use any mech (as implied, maybe not intended).

I can say I'm not a bad player, maybe average to above average. I have many mechs that I can't figure out how to use well enough to satisfy me. I'm great in a Huntsmen, but only decent in a Vapor Eagle, despite the two being very similar. I also have difficulty with a Bushwacker, but do well in a Crab and Hunchback (4J). (I'm also atrocious in an Annihilator, despite it's raving reviews.)

Not every mech is for everyone. The Bludgeon is not the easiest mech to work with, in the mechlab or on the combat field. Of course, from my experience. I went through several builds before (seeing someone poptarting with PPCs and almost copying their build with my own twist) I figured out my build.

#18 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:56 AM

View PostTesunie, on 01 March 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

I think in honesty, it's more so he can't figure out how to use that one mech. Doesn't mean he can't use any mech (as implied, maybe not intended).

It's meant for the BL, i don't know how good he's with putting together other mechs and how well he can use those.
What he claims is simply not true.

Piece of sht has nothing going for it! It's so fkin bad you can't even strap a 100% Cbill bonus on it because the garbage wouldn't be able to utilize it properly!

I want to enjoy this mech but unless it gets insane buffs I don't know what to do with it

That's pretty much it, OP needs a cookie cutter mech which covers what he can't do. Be it a quirks crutch or some hitbox nosense because, and that is obviously speculation on my part, he's only playing cookie cutter mechs and crutches and has therefor not learned to do well in a more normalized mech (efficient trading, positioning, heat management, etc etc.. what we would call playerskill regardless of the mech you're in)

The BL has good hardpoints, is pretty fast and has very good heatdispension on most builds, even quad ppc is managable. I assume OP hasn't learned any of the skills to utilize those trades. I'm not even sure if he's aware of it, he just blames the mech and i think that's not true at all.

#19 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 03 March 2019 - 03:56 AM, said:

It's meant for the BL, i don't know how good he's with putting together other mechs and how well he can use those.
What he claims is simply not true.

The BL is not an easy mech to work with. It's so limited by it's HPs and lack of any quirks to compensate for those limitations that it's not exactly the easiest mech to make a build for nor play.

Lets face it, it would be a lot easier to work for if it had two missile hardpoints instead of one. Then you could pair up two launchers for a reasonable missile payload and then fill the five energy with lasers. (I would imagine two LRM15s and five MPLs would be a good build, with JJs.)

If it didn't have GH, quad LPL would be a little heavier of a consideration (I found it too hot for my preference). Even then, dual LPL and triple MPL really is a little underwhelming for it's tonnage. My 50 ton Huntsmen has a LPL and quad MPL, with more agility, speed and better jump capabilities (and questionably better hitboxes, maybe).

Surprisingly enough, a single more HP in energy or missile would have probably turned the mech around and made it a lot easier to work with. Notice I'm saying ease of working with it, because it can work. I don't feel it's a high performer for it's tonnage, but it can do work. This mech is difficult to create a build one can typically be satisfied with. This is by no means saying it can't be worked with and made into an effective machine for someone, just it's not easy with it's limitations*.

I'm in partial agreement on the OP's mech assessment. This mech is difficult to use and not easy to build with. I am not about to say it's as much of total waste though. But to be honest you probably wont see me in this hero mech as much as other mechs of it's weight class. Probably be more likely to grab my Warhawk or Stalker for five tons more, or Awesome or Zeus for the same weight tonnage. I might dust this mech off once in a while for some "hoverjet" goodness in the assault class... (A nice JJ quirk for better lift would be appropriate for this mech 8in my opinion. Would really start to give it a more defined role then.)

*On reference to limitations, every mech has limitations. It's what makes this game interesting and gives each mech it's flavor. Limitations may refer to hard point selection, number, amount of tonnage to work with, engine cap, ability to take ECM or not, jump capability, etc. It's not saying this mech is handicapped compared to other mechs, but that it's limitations are more restricting than other possible choices.

#20 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 01 March 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Been playing it off and on, far from the worst mech but it really is limited. Large engine has it moving like a heavy, it has enough armor but only 5 Energy hard points and 1 Missile hard point doesn't give you many options for weapon layouts unless you like ATMs. Watch people play it like a oversized Griffin with a large ATM launcher and MPLs, unfortunately I don't like ether LRMs or ATMs (not my play style) I'm having fun with the PPC build but not getting much in damage as my other mechs (PPCs still have terrible hit reg) Heavy Lasers or ER may build close to the Hellbringer may be a better way to go.
Ppc's have terrible hit reg? i wish i had known that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users