Hgn-Iic-Kp?

7 replies to this topic

#1 TheWarhammer

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:14 AM

So I'm looking at the Highlander Keeper...
Running 2x cUAC-10 and 4x SRM-6.
Max'd armor.

What sells this 90t mech though is the agility.
Superior in every aspect than the MCII-B
Definitely superior to the KDK-3

I'm a very average player. I still get at least 1kill/match and often 2.
Why doesn't this mech get more love and attention? What am I missing?
Thanks.

#2 TH3_SCHW4RTZ

• Pip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn your house, farting on your stuff.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:02 AM

What about the Keeper's agility do you find so impressive?

#3 TheWarhammer

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Keeper:
Acc=24.23, Dec=20.23, Turn=50.69, TTr=85.5
KDK-3:
Acc=6.19, Dec=11, Turn=30.36, TTr=54
MCII-B:
Acc=10.79, Dec=13.88, Turn=34.95, TTr=63

If it was a small diff, I wouldn't even be curious, but those are significant differences.
I mean look at an EBJ:
Acc=22.93, Dec=25, Turn=46.55, TTr=85.5
Then a HBR:
Acc=22.33, Dec=25, Turn=47.55, TTr=85.5
MAD-3R:
Acc=24.63, Dec=22.66, Turn=50.42, TTr=90

On paper, its agility is comparable to a heavy, but has the armor and firepower of an assault. I guess it comes down to what I enjoy playing and I guess, for me, I enjoy it. Just wondering why I don't see more of them out there. Just curious.

Edited by TheWarhammer, 03 March 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#4 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

That build is pretty similar to what an orion can run.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

View PostTheWarhammer, on 03 March 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Why doesn't this mech get more love and attention? What am I missing?

It is huge? ... MKII doesn't need much agility since it has a relatively low profile (when you don't put missiles on it anyway) and can peek. Highlander can't peek, no matter accel/deccel its just too big.

The other thing is stupud hardpoints distribution present in all clan Highlanders, i.e. missiles in left arm and right torso instead of being on the same side of the mech. Same with ballistic hardpoints. Which means you can't use the "other" side of your mech for tanking. It also means that missile spread / ballistic convergence sux.

The best loadouts for it are obviously brawl loadouts with smth like 2xLBX10s, 4xSRM6s. But the problem with that is that it is too slow to close the distance and brawl stuff before it has one or two torsoes blown open. Just like any brawler it could have benefited from jumpjets ... but we all know assaults aren't allowed to jump.

Plus, really low engine cap.

Plus, its a hero, so behind a paywall (ish).

I am a big fan of Highlanders, but it is simply not a good mech in the current state of the game.

#6 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

Has hardppints and agility fpr brawling, but is too slow to get into range before its hitboxes get it killed. Great mech on paper, but like many others, just cant do much in actual games cause of the hitboxes (same issue with awesomes, IS highlander, ect, too damn wide and barn shaped).

It would need god tier quirks to be competitive, and even then not entirely sure what role it would be good at due to its speed limiting brawl ability and its all over hardpoint layout (better model is the one with 2 dakka hardpoints in right arm and all the missiles on left side so you can shield whatever is deemed less valuable (and it can mount dual UAC10s which is a good combo on any mech that can carry it).

#7 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

Mine still runs at 61kph and mounts jumpjets with that weapons loadout. It's a good Mech for when I want to make sure I kill something. I have the occasional potato game, but I have had quite a few 600+ damage games in it as well.

87 matches played:
51 wins, 36 losses
95 kills, 60 deaths
Average 465 damage per match

Edited by Jonathan8883, 14 April 2019 - 09:50 AM.

#8 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

out of the Clan Highlanders it is hands-down the best.

I have all the Highlanders Clan and IS. While the Clan ones can pack a lot of firepower the IS ones are just stupid tough (153 CT armor, 96 ST armor both with 8 back armor vs 120 CT armor, 76 ST armor for Clan).

Keeper does have trouble getting into range but when it gets there it'll wipe out a Scorch or almost any mech in the game.
I run mine with 2x LB20, 4x SRM6 and 1 HML (98 damage alpha) moves at 58kph and has 1.44 for heat management.
Vaporises anything 80 tons or under as long as it doesnt have armor quirks.

Edited by VitriolicViolet, 28 April 2019 - 12:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users