• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:38 AM

Hey folks,

i want to try something:

This Thread is for people who are playing and looking for a group.

So if you are ingame right now, you look for a group, post it here.

I hope some of the group builders who are playing FP regularly will check this Thread regularly when they are online and forming a group.

My goal is to have more coordination for people who want to join an existing group at this moment when they are online. Helpful is to post with UTC time when you are looking for someone.

@Yondu @Ash @Broarl @Charles Sennet
@all i forgot

My wish is that you guys check this Thread when you go online and pick people up, maybe in this way we can get more people into FP.

Good fightings Mechwarriors o7

#2 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:01 AM

I think it would be more efficient if we would have the in-game option to select for what we are looking for when we enter LFG.
Like, "I am looking for FP", "I am looking for QP", "I am looking for FP-Scouting", "I am looking for any group action"

Something like that, you get the idea...

Nevertheless it's not that bad having a thread like this but I think managing this subject ingame will be more efficient, because not every group leader is looking into the forums between or before the drops.

Maybe the thread could be used (or also used) to announce the schedule of group drops or to make appointments.

#3 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:03 AM

View PostHanky Spam, on 08 March 2019 - 04:01 AM, said:

I think it would be more efficient if we would have the in-game option to select for what we are looking for when we enter LFG.
Like, "I am looking for FP", "I am looking for QP", "I am looking for FP-Scouting", "I am looking for any group action"

Nevertheless it's not that bad having a thread like this but I think managing this subject ingame will be more efficient, because not every group leader is looking into the forums between or before the drops.

Maybe the thread could be used (or also used) to announce the schedule of group drops or to make appointments.

Any kind of coordination is good.

Just lets try this out. ATM i am online in FP group 12:00 UTC.

#4 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:17 AM

Enemy contacts confirmed on several planets.

We will start a FP group soon and face the enemy for the next few hours.

UTC 17:15

Lance Commanders, gather your lances and prepare for battle, we are moving out.

HQ over & out

#5 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

I fail to see how the topic and the thread subject make sense.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

@ clan side

available from 10 pm +

can pull average or pretend to be meatshield

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 08 March 2019 - 10:11 AM.

#7 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostGrus, on 08 March 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

I fail to see how the topic and the thread subject make sense.

Its a Live Ticker to see which groups are online atm (If these group people post it here of course).

#8 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:25 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 08 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Its a Live Ticker to see which groups are online atm (If these group people post it here of course).

See we have one of those in game already. That's where the confusion starts.

#9 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

View PostGrus, on 08 March 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

See we have one of those in game already. That's where the confusion starts.

If you refer to the LFG, I think this concept has been proven to be not very helpful. The problem is, when you enter the LFG as a solo player you never know if or when you are picked up by a premade. So many leave after some time.
Veteran players make use of their friendslist to know what premades and dropleads are on at the moment. New players with small friendslist simply can't identify who is already playing in premades at the moment, so that they can send an IG message to ask for a free slot.

So either you use this forum as a ticker or you need another solution. Perhaps discord might offer a good and up to date opportunity to register currently online premades to be contacted. Yondu for examples always sends out a discord message to all subscribers when starting a FP premade.

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 08 March 2019 - 02:53 PM.

#10 Leeroy Lazor Barbies Kerensky

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

View PostHanky Spam, on 08 March 2019 - 04:01 AM, said:

If I remember correctly the LFG used to be mode specific, between QP & FP, was no scouting then. I don't put myself into LFG anymore, because I don't want to bother being picked up and then having to leave QP groups when I'm trying to drop FP. Might be nice to have that feature back.

Edited by Leeroy Lazor Barbies Kerensky, 08 March 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#11 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:38 AM

I've tried starting something like this on my discord but it hasn't really taken off :/

#12 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:30 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 08 March 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

If you refer to the LFG, I think this concept has been proven to be not very helpful. The problem is, when you enter the LFG as a solo player you never know if or when you are picked up by a premade. So many leave after some time.
Veteran players make use of their friendslist to know what premades and dropleads are on at the moment. New players with small friendslist simply can't identify who is already playing in premades at the moment, so that they can send an IG message to ask for a free slot.

So either you use this forum as a ticker or you need another solution. Perhaps discord might offer a good and up to date opportunity to register currently online premades to be contacted. Yondu for examples always sends out a discord message to all subscribers when starting a FP premade.
ah ok that makes sence now. I was all kinds of like, huh? But yeah the friends lists are a huge help to see if any FP DC/regulars are on to drop with. I use it all the time. But you do have the option of using the chat box (not the best I know) to see if there's anyone willing to pick up a pug for some drops. Or just ask once you join what they are unwilling to do.

And who's Yondu?

#13 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:07 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 09 March 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

I've tried starting something like this on my discord but it hasn't really taken off :/

Easy, then lets connect this Thread with your discord announcement when you are online by linking it.

If you go online, post here your online status and the link to your discord.

I will do the same with our TS.

@Grus

I think you are a valuable person for the mwo community, but i am asking myself why you are touched by this not-so-important Thread.

I dont want to change anything, i dont criticize anybody/thing. I just want to help a little bit to make it easier for people to find already playing FP groups at the very moment they are online. So i would appreciate it if we could make this Thread clear so that valuable information can be found easily.

Maybe the one or another pilot find this Thread useful, its just a try without harming anybody.

#14 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:49 AM

View PostGrus, on 09 March 2019 - 05:30 AM, said:

And who's Yondu?

I'm a baddie, see tier 4 pleb on the left.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 09 March 2019 - 06:49 AM.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:00 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 09 March 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

@Grus

I think you are a valuable person for the mwo community..

Dont start spreading that Bishop, I have a rep to uphold ;) lol

Not upset or idk annoyed buy the intention, was just really confused by the topic and then the body of the thread being something different. Again, the title of the thread looked to me about the ingame ticker on how many people were on IS/clan side, but the discussion was about getting people grouped up. Just was critiquing.

That said, I'm all for more people in FW. More people = more targets, and that's never a bad thing.

View PostYondu Udonta, on 09 March 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

I'm a baddie, see tier 4 pleb on the left.

Teir doesn't mean much other than a exp bar.

Edited by Grus, 09 March 2019 - 10:59 AM.

#16 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

Earlier, some new guy asked about FP teams to play with and learn...and honestly, all I could recommend him were OSOs and AMOC to start playing with (eu primetime). Ofc there are some random groups like Yondu's or Cheekees, but they are mostly unorganized bunch of pugs with no serious dropcalling, not really suited for newbies (at least from my point of view).
Wish your initiative luck Bishop.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 09 March 2019 - 01:29 PM.

#17 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:56 AM

Now we start a group :)

18:00 UTC

#18 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:53 AM

More important is that the other FP-Group-Maker participate here in this Thread when they are online.

But it seems that no one is interested to participate, so i think the attempt is failed.

#19 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

Think it is too much of a hassle to hop onto the forums to find a group.

#20 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 12 March 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

Think it is too much of a hassle to hop onto the forums to find a group.

Well, i think it depends.

For you and me for example it is not necessary, we find our guys to group up with.

But imagine to be a Solo-FP Player and you are asking yourself how to group up with a premade outside of your (maybe) little friends list.

To jump into this Thread and to look which groups are online would be just 1 step. And for Group-Makers like you and me it is not too much work to make 1 post here when we are starting our group.

Also some who are willed to play FP but first want to check which groups are online could see here if it is worth to jump into FP.

So i will try this for the next days and then i will see if this idea could be accepted by some parts of FP interested players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users