@ 10AM PDT // 5PM UTC
@ 6PM PDT // 1AM UTC

The Devs attending!
Russ Bullock - President of PGI
Alex Garden - Producer
Dave Forsey - Designer
Derek James - Designer

How it will work (On the MW5 Discord server):
On the day at the scheduled time above, Russ and Devs will be conducting an MW5:M AMA session responding to questions asked by the community in the #ama_questions text channel while they are in the AMA Sessions Voice Channel.

To attend and listen to their answers, you will be able to join the AMA Sessions Voice Channel, while having access to type in the #ama_quesitons text channel to send your question directly to them. They will then go question by question posted in the said text channel and respond by voice, just like a live podcast!

#2 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:12 PM

First?

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:24 PM

Second

#4 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

Third

#5 Ravage26

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:26 PM

Fifth

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

They could dust off the 'career' Powerpoints they showed us when they were selling Community Warfare to MWO founders.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:42 PM

I think the big question someone should slip in is this: Can you leave the ship...on foot (in a port obviously, I don't expect to do a mission on foot)

#8 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:00 AM

I'm in Europe, written english is easier than spoken english.
Please switch to a forum instead of these AMAs.

#9 Betrax

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:23 AM

#10 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:54 PM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 09 March 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Please switch to a forum instead of these AMAs.

Someone on Reddit/Outreach will usually type out the key points.

I agree with you ... I'd rather just read than sit through 60 minutes of waffle.

#11 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:29 AM

So, AMA has already descended into "We will only answer (i.e. already prepared a statement) about the things we choose to." mode. We have decided what is best and good luck, we may have covered something you want, but tough, otherwise.

Already off on the usual PGI line of none interaction with the intended customer base :P

Never seen that happen before!

#12 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:09 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 March 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

I think the big question someone should slip in is this: Can you leave the ship...on foot (in a port obviously, I don't expect to do a mission on foot)

I'm pretty sure they already answered this and said "no". You can walk around the ship, but that's about it. There's limited, if any interaction with the other people aboard ship, and you can't hire and fire anyone other than mechwarriors. You can apply HBS Battletech styles of upgrades to the overall ship, but you can't fire the bum down in the MechBay who keeps cross-threading your Autocannon onto the 'mech arm, or cross-wiring your lasers, and replace him with a competent tech.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:29 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 March 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure they already answered this and said "no". You can walk around the ship, but that's about it. There's limited, if any interaction with the other people aboard ship, and you can't hire and fire anyone other than mechwarriors. You can apply HBS Battletech styles of upgrades to the overall ship, but you can't fire the bum down in the MechBay who keeps cross-threading your Autocannon onto the 'mech arm, or cross-wiring your lasers, and replace him with a competent tech.

That sucks. I do remember a scene where the player (and it appeared to be another pilot/player) leave the ship into a port that had what looked like a bar right there. With all these MW1 (1989) influences, I had hoped...
that in addition to this...
Posted Image
We might've seen what really set the first one apart..
Posted Image
Posted Image

(1993 Japanese remake)
Posted Image

I mean I don't expect to explore every planet... But no bar?

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostAppogee, on 09 March 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Someone on Reddit/Outreach will usually type out the key points.

I agree with you ... I'd rather just read than sit through 60 minutes of waffle.

Do you have the old ones? I tried sitting through the AMAs...but the commercials on Sean's stream are terrible and nothing is worse than (Question) "Uh...uh..this info...uh..that info...uh...(commercial)....uh...some other info (except by this point I've completely forgotten the question or if I did remember, did this really have anything to do with what was asked?)...uh..."

#15 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 March 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Do you have the old ones? I tried sitting through the AMAs...but the commercials on Sean's stream are terrible and nothing is worse than (Question) "Uh...uh..this info...uh..that info...uh...(commercial)....uh...some other info (except by this point I've completely forgotten the question or if I did remember, did this really have anything to do with what was asked?)...uh..."

I don't, sorry.

After observing PGI's stock-in-trade of consistently promising the world to drive up pre-sales, then delivering the bare minimum - late, after misleading customers about the state of development - I now put very little stock in any commitments they're making for MW5.

I'm still interested enough to look/listen to the various town halls, tweets and AMAs. But I no longer bother bookmarking them like I once did.

Edited by Appogee, 11 March 2019 - 04:14 AM.

#16 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

I would like to see enemy strong defense point, mechs under your command, earn enemy mechs you destroy during the mission and get new weapons like: IS assault laser, X pulse lasers, Thunder bolt missile, link high capacitor clan PPC and heavy version of clan gauss riffle.

#17 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

You should get 10k cbills every time the 2 min Solaris counter hits 0 without you getting a match.

#18 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 March 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

That sucks. I do remember a scene where the player (and it appeared to be another pilot/player) leave the ship into a port that had what looked like a bar right there. With all these MW1 (1989) influences, I had hoped...
that in addition to this...

I mean I don't expect to explore every planet... But no bar?

Build the core game, then look into additional DLC. Core game is missions. If you want to explore a world, play Mass Effect or Kingdom Come.

#19 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:49 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 10 March 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

So, AMA has already descended into "We will only answer (i.e. already prepared a statement) about the things we choose to." mode. We have decided what is best and good luck, we may have covered something you want, but tough, otherwise.

Already off on the usual PGI line of none interaction with the intended customer base Posted Image

Never seen that happen before!

Considering some of the inane questions that the community comes up with, no wonder.

#20 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:00 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 12 March 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

Considering some of the inane questions that the community comes up with, no wonder.

While you may have a point, PGI should stop calling it "Ask Me Anything" if they don't want or care to actually answer valid questions about MW5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users