Players Using You As A Shield And Blocking Retreat

13 replies to this topic

#1 SomeWeirdAssGuy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:34 PM

I recently was in a game where a player was using me as a shield and preventing me from backing out on purpose. Even when I turned around to face him he still made a point of getting in the way. Is there anything that can be done against these players? I have video as proof.

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:21 AM

You can report him in-game or email this video to PGI (email adress can be found here: https://mwomercs.com/support).
What he was doing was actually a violation of CoC, so it will be fine if you do so.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 13 March 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

What he was doing was actually a violation of CoC, so it will be fine if you do so.

Exactly this.
https://mwomercs.com/conduct

• Willfully or repeatedly blocking teammate ‘Mechs or weapon trajectories.
  • Willfully or repeatedly assisting the enemy.

Edited by Horseman, 13 March 2019 - 07:07 AM.

#4 SomeWeirdAssGuy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:00 AM

Do you guys think it's obvious enough from the short clip I got from shadowplay? I didn't get more than that because it really caught me off guard, I've never experienced this in lower tiers and I've just recently hit tier 2, I don't even know why anyone would do that. He was even laughing about in in VOIP after it happened.

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostSomeWeirdAssGuy, on 13 March 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Do you guys think it's obvious enough from the short clip I got from shadowplay? I didn't get more than that because it really caught me off guard, I've never experienced this in lower tiers and I've just recently hit tier 2, I don't even know why anyone would do that. He was even laughing about in in VOIP after it happened.

I've have issues with players blocking retreats for some time. It's always been a bit of a problem, and has been abused in the past enough that "rules" where written later saying it's a form of greifing and punishable. (At one time, it was not specifically mentioned in the CoC, but was covered under "greifing".)

I've had it happen enough times. If it appears intentional, and they continue to do it, report them. PGI can look back into the match logs for positions of players (or so I would imagine).

Some people find it "fun" to ruin matches for other players. Hence we need to actually have rules about Tking and greifing, and then spell out each rule in exacting detail, and even then people will still push the details of the rule... I've even heard people try to encourage running enemy missiles into friendly targets rather than taking the damage yourself or trying to have said missiles hit terrain. (AKA: Missiles are coming into on you, so you run and hide behind a friendly mech so they take the damage instead of you.)

Best you can do is report them for their actions. If you can record it as well, all the better.

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

SomeWeirdAssGuy, whoever did that wrongful and unnecessary path-blocking was a real jerk. I frankly hope you can get them nailed by PGI for their going around and Griefing of you and others. I've encountered problems like that before, albeit not often, and it's no fun to die because you're all beat up and your Teammate is still fresh and unwilling to help keep you alive in order to help them. :(

EDIT :: By the way, it's becoming clearly apparent to me that most of the Community these days fails to get that their Assault & Heavy Mechs are unable to endlessly tank damage. I wish PGI would start posting notes and tips about that oversize problem, aimed as to stop people causing unnecessary deaths during Matches on the battlefields. :mellow:

~D. V. "knows that 'totally wrongfully screwed' feeling" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 13 March 2019 - 11:12 AM.

#7 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

Was gonna say seemed like he was just trying to go around. Then he moved back and behind you. What a scum bag. I get it when people are over eager to get in at the enemy and block your path sometimes. But that player was clearly trying to use you as a shield.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

Literally the start of the video

Sometimes it just happens. There's no backup alarm.

#9 SomeWeirdAssGuy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

I actually thought I might've been wrong and overreacted at first, but when I watched my own footage, I realized that if you look at the minimap, he is literally so close to me that his blue diamond can be barely seen under my yellow arrow. Then it gets pretty obvious when I try to turn around to get out of the hail of bullets and he literally swerves to prevent me from backing out.

Edited by SomeWeirdAssGuy, 13 March 2019 - 01:39 PM.

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostSomeWeirdAssGuy, on 13 March 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

I actually thought I might've been wrong and overreacted at first, but when I watched my own footage, I realized that if you look at the minimap, he is literally so close to me that his blue diamond can be barely seen under my yellow arrow. Then it gets pretty obvious when I try to turn around to get out of the hail of bullets and he literally swerves to prevent me from backing out.

I would say, sometimes a "getting in each other's way" blocking does happen. If it only happened the once, he was probably trying to go around you for a shot, and then crashed into you. Then, as you were trying to go around him, he went the same direct to go around you...

IF, it was repeated several times, against several allies (I actually will spectate said questionable players after I've died if I can), then it's intentional and griefing. From the short blip, it seemed like it was intentional, but I always like to give a little leeway until proven otherwise.

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

This has become the norm sadly.
There was a post from a rather good player recently where he stated that he won't do a move ingame until he has a "friendly" infront of him doing a push.
That's how "good" players play to get leet score and damage.

The more aggressive from is to ******** (<- butt hump, why is this censored lol) whoever pokes so he has no choice but to unload into the enemy. Once the "friendly" is depleted the mvp tier 1 carry player can take his place and farm leet damage on the now hot running enemy.

Being in constant event mode where personal goal (score kmdd, solo kill, etc) is more important than anything (even winning the game) doesn't help much either.

You can report but if it's actually bannable we will lose like 40% of the playerbase imo.
I'd suggest to leave quickplay and find some likeminded players to dab into group or faction play. The actual teamplay, which is pretty much nonexistence in the pug swamp called quickplay queue, is really nice and adds a nice layer of actual enjoyable gameplay.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 13 March 2019 - 10:50 PM.

#12 Perq

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 09:29 AM

Turbo necro and so that you know what this guy is about - I just had a game where he teamkilled someone at the beggining of the match for no reason.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 August 2022 - 03:43 PM

Pro tip… don’t name-and-shame on the forum. Use the in game report function.

#14 Frendly Pythagorean Natteri Tato

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:15 PM

definitely report griefers, which includes anyone who blocks you on purpose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users