100K Damage For New Event?

41 replies to this topic

#1 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

The new event requires players to do 100k damage for the first phase... over 18 days. That's well over 5k per day. I'm okay with it, but it seems rather high for the average player. If someone is doing 250-300dmg on average, you're talking about 17-20 games per day. If each game runs 10 minutes... that is a serious grind.

Perhaps lower the requirements so more than 5% of the player base has a reasonable shot of getting all the prizes?

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Lowered to 50k, any other requests? It's also just for the cockpit item, doesn't affect loot bags/grand prize.

#3 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

Lowered for the spoiled babies complaining that getting free stuff isn't easy enough for them.

#4 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

80 rounds to do it... sounds easy.
ok, not for me.

#5 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 March 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Lowered for the spoiled babies complaining that getting free stuff isn't easy enough for them.

Spoiled? 100k is a lot in that time frame. Even at my current average (~600 dmg/match) that's a lot of games. I'm okay that they lowered it to 50k.

#6 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 13 March 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Spoiled? 100k is a lot in that time frame. Even at my current average (~600 dmg/match) that's a lot of games. I'm okay that they lowered it to 50k.

Its a lot if you're running multiple accounts. Its not a lot for one account unless you're just a really terrible player. If such is the case, you probably shouldn't be gifted lots of free stuff by the developer for game performance that's not doing your teammates much good. Rewarding poor performance is not actually the correct method to be teaching people.

#7 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

In a game where I see entire lances not break 150 damage I can't imagine putting the bar that high.

#8 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

Missions don't have to be easy. If you want the reward, put in the effort. Same goes for life.

#9 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 13 March 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Missions don't have to be easy. If you want the reward, put in the effort. Same goes for life.

Look I earned my Victor champion. I just don't want to ******* grind this many games.

#10 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:23 PM

View PostNightbird, on 13 March 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

any other requests?

Yeah, I want my parents to get back together..

#11 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 March 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Its a lot if you're running multiple accounts. Its not a lot for one account unless you're just a really terrible player. If such is the case, you probably shouldn't be gifted lots of free stuff by the developer for game performance that's not doing your teammates much good. Rewarding poor performance is not actually the correct method to be teaching people.

Going by my average in my favorite mech, it would take me 257 or so matches to get to 100k - thats doing at 'least' 390dmg a match, I would have to play at least 21-22 matches a day to do it in twelve days. Thats using my favorite/best mech, not mechs im currently skilling up :\

Addendum: Or about 15 a day if I did it every day for all 18 days, thats still pretty grindy for a game that usually enrages me 1 out of ever 5 matches lol.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 13 March 2019 - 05:08 PM.

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:13 PM

Lowered to 50k, any other requests? It's also just for the cockpit item, doesn't affect loot bags/grand prize.

They've changed it now, haven't they? Every 500 damage now brings in a Loot Bag.

#13 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

Well, this will sort the wheat from the chaff, won't it.

#14 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:11 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 March 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

I run one account and I play a good amount, but 5k+ damage every night for 18 nights is excessive. Consider that I also average 600+ damage and a 400+ match score.

#15 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

I consider myself a fairly active player but generally speaking only play about 4-6 matches in a week night and maybe 15-20 matches on each weekend day so that is about 70 matches a week. I wouldn't be able to hit 100k damage with that amount of play.

On the same token, it isn't as if the rewards are all that earth shattering so be it 50k or 100k, I am not going to sweat it too much. Still it is nice to be able to complete the missions without having to devote my life to the game and I think the middle ground is what PGI should be shooting for.

#16 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 13 March 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

I think you've confused "effort" with "grind." There is no effort in outputting an arbitrary amount of damage that's cumulative. All that requires is the investment of time, no matter how efficient you are about it. Effort is getting 500 match score in every match. That actually requires you focus and perform.

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 March 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

It's not so much about the damage but the time needed.
Let's say i average @ 500 damage per match. That's 200 matches in 18 days on average. 11 matches a day.
Lets say average match time is 12 minutes, that's 40 hours.
Imagine someone averaging @ 250 damage a game, that's 80 hours, over 3 days of pure grinding. That's some korean mmo style bs, tbh.

Idk about you but 40 hours grinding? You got nothing else going on in your life? Well i do.
That's 2 hours every single day, i'd call that addicted.

Now it's at least only 1 hour for me. Although, once finished, if i do finish it, i won't play mwo if there's no timebases challenge involved next.

I honestly don't like grinding events, that's hardly a challenge.
Sad to say but i have to admit, if i don't like where the game is going withing the first 2 minutes i hold W into the enemy and get into the next game.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 14 March 2019 - 01:03 PM.

#18 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 14 March 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

I think you've confused "effort" with "grind." There is no effort in outputting an arbitrary amount of damage that's cumulative. All that requires is the investment of time, no matter how efficient you are about it. Effort is getting 500 match score in every match. That actually requires you focus and perform.

I'd be down with that 500 match score to earn a loot bag. I get the feeling not too many would be talking so tough if we got that.

#19 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, 750 assists in 12 days is nuts. It also encourages dumb behavior where people will purposefully avoid finishing opponents off.

https://mwomercs.com/events/257

Edited by Jman5, 14 March 2019 - 02:03 PM.

#20 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostJman5, on 14 March 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yeah, 750 assists in 12 days is nuts. It also encourages dumb behavior where people will purposefully avoid finishing opponents off.

https://mwomercs.com/events/257

That's only 20 FP matches...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users