Time To Remove All Missile Bay Doors? Or At Least The Mechanics Related To Them

4 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:23 AM

The last mech to have this mechanic was the Archer? And even before that, it was only the initial run of mechs that have this feature.

Even the venerable Centurion has had this mechanic removed.

This little known mechanic is an annoyance to old players, as I have yet to see anyone make use of the mechanic of crit reduction, everyone just leaves it open. And it's confusing as hell for new players if they get the mechs with bay doors and wonder why their missiles lag when fired.

Since they serve little more than cosmetic purpose at this point, they should be removed or at the least, there shouldn't be any gameplay mechanic related to them, i.e. no crit reduction, no lag in firing, like how it is implemented on the King Crab

#2 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, I'm okay with that. I'd be more in favor of making it cosmetic than anything though.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

As far as I know the Centurion never had that Mechanic and is only found on a few Mechs. I don't object to having it. If you have trouble, toggle the doors open, problem solved.

#4 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

I'd be all for just making the doors cosmetic. No delay in firing. (And yes, I've been the last one standing in my Catapault, LRM and MRM - and yes, I *do* go in and MRM-skirmish with it, even before the LRMs are dry. Ended up dueling a Marauder at one point at the end and winning with my last shot. If I'd had to wait for those doors to cycle each time, I probably would not have.)

#5 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

Cent DID have door.
Was removed because people can't handle one more button.
Also I don't think lights worked at time to show doors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users