• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:00 AM

I noticed that The Warhammer IIC doesn't lose its missle pods when you are not using them, and in some cases shouldn't even have missle pods at all (WHM-IIC-3). This needs to be fixed. It changes the size of the side torsos making them way easier to hit. Before you tell me something like thats just how it is or something lets look at exibit A.

Exibit A
Posted Image
This is the BLUDGEON. As you can see one side doesnt have a missle pod. Now lets look at a variant without Missles at all. The Warhammer IIC 3.
Exibit B
Posted Image

Why does this even have Pods on its shoulders? This is what you should look like.

Exibit C

Posted Image

This mech only has Lasers and this is what it should look like with no missle pods. So this makes me wonder. Was this professional incompetence or malice ? You tell me.

#2 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

it's also missing the heel geometry.

Posted Image

Edited by zudukai, 28 February 2019 - 03:58 PM.

#3 teabuzz

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

They could just move the pods to the feet, kill two birds with one stone. And cankle srms kinda sound fun

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

To be honest, as a long time missile user here, I've always felt like I was being penalized when taking LRMs and having magic larger hit boxes appear for my LRM tubes.

My personal opinion, any mech that has a missile shoulder/box should always retain said geometry. HOWEVER, this should make it easier overall to balance it's quirks to offset the larger hit box, rather than it feeling like I'm penalizing myself because I chose to take missiles on my mech.

The Battlemaster is another offender of this. You can't effectively run a couple of launchers (Unless it's the variant with lots of missile hardpoints) while running anything on the same side of your mech. When it first came out (a long while ago, I know), I actually tried to run my Battlemaster 1G with an LRM on the shoulder just for some support. Constantly lost that side until I removed the missile launcher, and then everything seemed fine.

However, if said example Battlemaster always had that shoulder boom box, then it could be granted quirks to assist it, rather than being a soft spot when you chose to take missiles there. (AKA: Right now, it's not a good idea to take missiles on the Battlemaster, even if it's taken as a support system.)

Basically, where you are complaining that there is always a box there, I'm actually rather happy it remains there. I wish that PGI would do that for more mechs overall, and then balance those mechs with the geometry at it's "largest", as suddenly that is it's more or less consent state.

(Worst offenders for penalized missile use; Mauler and it's tall shoulder hunches, Battlemaster single shoulder, and Timberwolf(s). Of course there are more, but those ones come to mind specifically, as taking missiles on them really inflates those hit box sizes.

#5 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:24 AM

Where he think it's not normal, it's the vàriant he show doesn't have Any missile hardpoints. And have the two boxes.

#6 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:20 AM

i made a similar post below.
PGI please kindly fix the geometry on the Bludgeon.

either have both ST pods appear like all the other WHM IIC variants,
or have the missle pod absent when no missles are equipped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users