Event Browser Still Broken

7 replies to this topic

#1 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:16 AM

Since the introduction of the in-game event browser I've been experiencing odd issues with it: after opening the browser the "future events","active events" and "past events" buttons won't do anything when pressed; re-opening the event browser will result in only the "past events" button showing up, pressing it will only show the column headings ("event name", "game mode", "victor", "event factions"...). The only way to access event pages is to either re-login, enter solaris and exit it or enter testing grounds and exit them; after doing any of these actions the browser will start working properly, but when I press the "back" button on the event page the main page of the browser will only show events themselves, but the buttons will disappear.
Note: this issue has been reported before by other people, so it's not just me.

#2 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

Ya mine is bugged too. It takes super long to load current and future events (over 4 mins). Oddly when I click past events it will open almost instantly including the current ones.

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

Good to hear that I'm not the only having issues with it.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:52 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 19 March 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Since the introduction of the in-game event browser I've been experiencing odd issues with it: after opening the browser the "future events","active events" and "past events" buttons won't do anything when pressed; re-opening the event browser will result in only the "past events" button showing up, pressing it will only show the column headings ("event name", "game mode", "victor", "event factions"...). The only way to access event pages is to either re-login, enter solaris and exit it or enter testing grounds and exit them; after doing any of these actions the browser will start working properly, but when I press the "back" button on the event page the main page of the browser will only show events themselves, but the buttons will disappear.
Note: this issue has been reported before by other people, so it's not just me.

I wanted to remark that, your viewing behavior was a constant with my old computer since the event tab was placed into the actual game. I could only get that thing to work once or twice. Then I got a new computer and for some reason, it always works for me now as it's suppose to. Not sure why...

I just got into the habit of tracking everything on the website for events anyway... and overall I find it easier to manage than the ingame tabs. Only a quick Alt-Tab away...

#5 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

Not everyone can afford a new computer. The events don't show up for me either. Instead of trying to find new ways to nerf everything, how about they take a look at the problems people are having and actually fix them. (Hint, Hint)

#6 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

I was thinking of running the repair tool, but I'm afraid that it will reset all the settings.

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:57 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 25 March 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Not everyone can afford a new computer. The events don't show up for me either. Instead of trying to find new ways to nerf everything, how about they take a look at the problems people are having and actually fix them. (Hint, Hint)

If you are referring to me, I didn't say "buy a new computer", I was merely remarking that I use to have the problem, but I no longer do with my new computer (for whatever reason).

Also, some work arounds (that I think work better than the ingame versions):
https://mwomercs.com/events/257
https://mwomercs.com...s?t=201903lucky

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 25 March 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

I was thinking of running the repair tool, but I'm afraid that it will reset all the settings.

That would depend upon what settings you place on the repair tool (last I knew, last time I used it). You should be able to set it up so it doesn't revert your settings at all. Just read through everything carefully before running the tool. (I haven't run it in a long time. Sorry that I can't provide more recent information for you.)

Edited by Tesunie, 25 March 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#8 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:26 AM

So, I've just run the repair tool and it says that no mismatches were found. Looks like it might not be a problem on my end.
Although I also use the website to track all the event data (which is done through my tablet), it would be a lot nicer to do it without always going away from the game by alt+tabing to the browser or looking away from the screen to unlock the tablet. Plus, reward redemption is kinda weird through the website since the reward injection window doesn't always show up in game, so I have to manually check whether my rewards are there or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users