Now How About A Large Laser Nerf

5 replies to this topic

#1 MitchellAvellar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

I suppose some of the LRM changes this patch are fine. They'll certainly please the hardcore faction players. Now how about for the next patch, you do something about ridiculous 5 and 6 er large laser boats picking people off from 20 miles away. In my opinion, that is a more ridiculous impediment to fun game play than indirect fire LRMs were even before the patch. I don't know how many matches i've seen that have devolved in to who has the most people aiming at the gate with large lasers from outside sensor range when it opens. If you don't do something about them, you might as well take LRMs out of the game because nobody is going to bother popping their head out and exposing it for like 5 seconds to get a lock when they know there will be like 20 ER LG Lasers aimed at any spot they can do that from. I don't know, maybe the reduced flight time will help some there, but that's doubtful since those laser boats are probably going to be out of range of our LRMs anyway if they have half a brain. I say make the damage drop off more severe at extreme ranges with those things. I mean, you don't even have the recourse of trying to get in close on them like you do with LRM boats, that just makes you an easier target.

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

How about no.

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

Why do you people always want to NERF instead of build. Say, go get a NERF hammer and nails and try to build a book case with them. How does that sound?

#4 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 20 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Why do you people always want to NERF instead of build. Say, go get a NERF hammer and nails and try to build a book case with them. How does that sound?

Agreed. Instead of nerfing IS erLL, a slight buff to clan erLL should be considered by raising the ghost heat threshold of clan erLL so that clans can fire three of those babies at once like IS can.

#5 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 22 March 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Agreed. Instead of nerfing IS erLL, a slight buff to clan erLL should be considered by raising the ghost heat threshold of clan erLL so that clans can fire three of those babies at once like IS can.

There was talk of a supernova variant that did just that.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostGrus, on 22 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

There was talk of a supernova variant that did just that.
I thought the 1 had that quirk... even though it carries 6 by default.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users