Ams Makes Atms Useless At Close Ranges

6 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

i had many targets to shoot at just beyond 120 meters but the Ams completely nullified my Atms i had 2 atm 6s btw.

#2 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

well, thats why it is called ANTI missile system... And the ******* has 4 of them... and that's at least 6 tons of space... it's OK

#3 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostCyrilis, on 19 March 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

well, thats why it is called ANTI missile system... And the ******* has 4 of them... and that's at least 6 tons of space... it's OK
But even in tabletop the ams only has a CHANCe of destroying all missiles.

you realize this also applies to SRms and Mrms right?

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 March 2019 - 10:55 PM.

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 March 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

But even in tabletop the ams only has a CHANCe of destroying all missiles.

you realize this also applies to SRms and Mrms right?

We have a few months left before units start bringing 48 AMS per wave to Faction Play, it's guaranteed to happen, in which case the MWO version of the AMS will only have a chance of destroying all missiles, but that chance will be somewhere between more then 99% and less then 100%.

And I doubt there's anything planned for that when it happens, short of making players decide between switching weapon or switching game : Do a dumb thing, and get a dumb result.

Still, that's a few months left before AMSgueddon saves the day (or something like that). It might even be timed to happen when MW5 launches, which would be a smart sneaky move by PGI to move MWO players to MW5 really :)

#5 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

I agree. They have made all types of missiles useless. I got 3 builds for mine with streaks to lrms. Nerfed them out of existence. As they all are fixed missile slots and not omni-mechs they made the entire build useless as half the weapons do nothing. If this is any indication of what MW5 is gonna be they can stick it up their A**.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostWhizbang AGNC, on 22 March 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

I agree. They have made all types of missiles useless. I got 3 builds for mine with streaks to lrms. Nerfed them out of existence. As they all are fixed missile slots and not omni-mechs they made the entire build useless as half the weapons do nothing. If this is any indication of what MW5 is gonna be they can stick it up their A**.
not to mention they've done the same to clan mechs.... which could be another push even though many people spent REAL money on those mechs.

This along with many other things IN MWo has really decided for me that I'm never buying MW5 whose to say PGi won't be doing the same thing to Mw5 later just to push the next game?

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 March 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#7 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 March 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

not to mention they've done the same to clan mechs.... which could be another push even though many people spent REAL money on those mechs.

This along with many other things IN MWo has really decided for me that I'm never buying MW5 whose to say PGi won't be doing the same thing to Mw5 later just to push the next game?

Once again, I agree. All of this is a very good reason not to ever spend real money on anything in here. If they feel it is alright to nerf what people bought into oblivion why waste the money. Like I said on another post, I'm tired of having to change everything every couple of months just because someone feels butthurt. If they are going to keep chasing their tails and trying to react to and make the flavor of the day happy I'm not sure I'm even gonna keep playing. Mark it, they will lose more player base over this one. I may just say scerew it and just wait. They won't be the first company to blow it and get the franchise taken away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users