5 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

apprioaching this area looks like this Posted Image

then suddenly textures change into
Posted Image

Edited by Grimmrog, 20 March 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:20 AM

Soo... no more fixes means also no fix for this VERY OLD BUG ?! Posted Image

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 440 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:50 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 01 June 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

Soo... no more fixes means also no fix for this VERY OLD BUG ?! Posted Image

If you are talking about the developer update, then it's just less new mech packs; they did not say that they will stop working on the game and switch to MW5.

#4 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:45 AM

I think it's a decal (a small detailed texture, like the ones you put on your mechs) disappearing when you get too close.
It seems to occur mainly on steep slopes.

I tried all sort of settings (cryengine) but i can't find what is set wrongly so far.

#5 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:28 AM

Just for info, i can confirm it's terrain decals. If you are in testing ground, use external camera, when you get too close to the decal, it disappear.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,380 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:09 PM

Part of this is the difference between high texture renders for closer range viewing, and low res texture for distance viewing. It pops up a lot in many games, some more than others. As an added example in this game, you'll see the shapes of hills appear one way at a distance (and might even be able to see through sections of a hill near the edges), only for said shape to expand and appear differently when you reach a specific distance (sometimes, your clear shot a few steps back is now obviously block and explains why you were not hitting said target and couldn't get a lock on them).

This is a trick many game developers use to reduce processing drain on the computers for details that aren't normally visible at some distances. So, rather than have your computer rendering in stuff you can't honestly see anyway, it just tells your computer to render in something less complex to save you processing power.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users