11 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

apprioaching this area looks like this Posted Image

then suddenly textures change into
Posted Image

Edited by Grimmrog, 20 March 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:20 AM

Soo... no more fixes means also no fix for this VERY OLD BUG ?! Posted Image

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:50 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 01 June 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

Soo... no more fixes means also no fix for this VERY OLD BUG ?! Posted Image

If you are talking about the developer update, then it's just less new mech packs; they did not say that they will stop working on the game and switch to MW5.

#4 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:45 AM

I think it's a decal (a small detailed texture, like the ones you put on your mechs) disappearing when you get too close.
It seems to occur mainly on steep slopes.

I tried all sort of settings (cryengine) but i can't find what is set wrongly so far.

#5 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:28 AM

Just for info, i can confirm it's terrain decals. If you are in testing ground, use external camera, when you get too close to the decal, it disappear.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:09 PM

Part of this is the difference between high texture renders for closer range viewing, and low res texture for distance viewing. It pops up a lot in many games, some more than others. As an added example in this game, you'll see the shapes of hills appear one way at a distance (and might even be able to see through sections of a hill near the edges), only for said shape to expand and appear differently when you reach a specific distance (sometimes, your clear shot a few steps back is now obviously block and explains why you were not hitting said target and couldn't get a lock on them).

This is a trick many game developers use to reduce processing drain on the computers for details that aren't normally visible at some distances. So, rather than have your computer rendering in stuff you can't honestly see anyway, it just tells your computer to render in something less complex to save you processing power.

#7 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:29 AM

Whatever the reason is : Why isn't this fixed for such a long time by now ?! Posted Image

Apart from the poor spawn spots that sometimes occur on Grim Plexus this terrain bug is the most annoying thing about Grim Plexus Posted Image Posted Image

/EDIT :

!!! 2017 !!!
https://mwomercs.com...texture-glitch/
Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 17 May 2021 - 08:33 AM.

#8 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:58 AM

It's not a terrain bug. It's decals put by map designers (it work a little like on your mechs to give you an idea).
A few of those decals seem wrongly set up on various maps.

I think PGI should just remove them, the terrain looks a lot better anyway.

Edited by MrVaad, 17 May 2021 - 01:06 PM.

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:47 AM

Its not a Bug ,is a Feature .You have the (optical not really good looking basetexture)and brings up many different Layers of detailtexures of the Terrain ,to break up the optical Terrible Look from only a Textur.
Its like detailed Objects like Bushes or walls in other Games like CoD (Most by PS4) to minimize the Performance Problems or the more simple Models from mechs and Buildings in the Range (thats why all Mechs have no camouflage in far Range).

many textures brings Problems seeing the flickering in Solaris City.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 18 May 2021 - 01:52 AM.

#10 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 10:07 AM

Come on P.G.I. ;)

Let's fix this bug already! It's soo damn annoying! :(

Just leave us with one of the two textures even if it means we only get to see the lower resolution one! :)

(P.S. :

@All above comments :

I know how textures work! I use to do some textures editing for various Simracing games...
So please don't tell me this bug can not be fixed!)

#11 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 February 2022 - 12:48 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 03 February 2022 - 10:07 AM, said:

Just leave us with one of the two textures even if it means we only get to see the lower resolution one! Posted Image
(P.S. :
@All above comments :
I know how textures work! I use to do some textures editing for various Simracing games...
So please don't tell me this bug can not be fixed!)

Like i said, it's a terrain decal. You place it on the terrain and set a few parameters
(it sort of work like the decals on your mech).
Some of those decals have a problem, they disappear when you enter their hitbox.

check this link https://docs.cryengi...ProjectionTypes

1. Easy way is removing the decal (just open the map and remove it in the cryengine editor)
2. Harder way, find the wrong setting for each bugged decal and change it.

P.S.:
There's also terrain decals using the wrong projection setting. Which make them displayed on objects put over the terrain (instead of only the terrain). Mining collective is a good example of this.

Edited by MrVaad, 03 February 2022 - 12:53 PM.

#12 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 04 February 2022 - 04:31 AM

Matt, Dearon, Mark and Francois (thats the Team for MWO and only Mark/Dearon working fulltime for mWO)...no Ressorce for it, and the Team doing her best +many other Problems+content to work on it and not longer PGI says how many Guys working for a Part or Which Money PGI has or for hiring Folks, its the Mother Enad7 now

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 04 February 2022 - 04:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users