feedback

3 replies to this topic

#1 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

It's been about a day since going live and there are a few things I've noticed and wanted to provide feedback on.

Direct fire lrms are a tad iffy on target acquisition but overall I feel like it is an improvement. Don't really want to lump them in with this discussion.

The health reduction on larger volley missiles. I feel like this doesn't fit in with the current balance of choosing smaller or larger sized launchers well especially with ams taken into account. Right now larger mrms and lrms, especially clan are harshly punished if not completely negated if ams mechs are in cover but within rage to intercept the missiles. Since the ams will have more time to target missiles targeting allies rather than the mech it is equipped on up twice as many are being intercepted per volley and cases like these extrapolate the lowered health each missile now has. I think increasing health of missiles fired by smaller launchers was ok, but reducing health on larger launchers caused too many detrimental reasons to equip them.
Previously ghost heat, weight, cool downs, slots, and heat kept a balance between small and large launchers. With the missile health changes It seems almost always better to take smaller launchers because they have such an increase in ability to make it to the target to the point of even being worth eating ghost heat. For example from comparing how many will hit with one mrm 40 to four mrm 10s or two mrm 20s. Another is four clan lrm 5s vs one clan lrm 20.

Atms on the other hand seem to be the only viable choice along with srms. IS mechs on the other hand are less burdened outside of mrms, but it opens up some balance avenues to make large IS streaks viable in the future if they were to be given more health to use with their high tonnage and slots.

Mechs that had few missile slots and were previously suggested to use large launchers are really negated by ams along with clan variants that have few missile points on their chassis.

What is everyone else's opinion?

#2 Ragedog4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

MRMs are dead now. They all had 1 Health, they are not broken to begin with, were fun to play with, and only ONE mech excelled in it which means if one mech makes the broken, nerf the mech not the weapon.

Now that MRMs health are .5, .4, .3, and .2 they make them WAY underpowered. On a MRM the 40s should have a max of 10% of missiles destroyed. Why? Because they are a skill weapon. You have to lead, watch a high amount of heat, and can only fire one without ghost heat. Why would you Nerf this? Two MRM 30s you say? Still a skill shot, Clan lasers can pinpoint more damage that 60 alpha, and it takes all the tonnage so WHY WOULD YOU NERF THIS!?

For the most part: AMS it just a very little OP right now, LRMs need a greater spead instead of mostly hitting CT, and MRMs should get most of their health back so we can actually use them properly.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

The system is way overpowered now. Lets say you outfit your new Hellspawn with an LRM 20 and you find yourself going up against an Atlas with ECM (plus 1 AMS) and a Nova (2 or 3 AMS) hiding behind a ridge in the distance. Both mechs have several enhanced slots from their skill tree, your Mech has none. Now how fair is that. Try not at all..

#4 Dragon 4

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:38 PM

I found LRMs to be an interesting and very useful weapons system if used properly. I know when I first started playing it felt safe to try and fire from 1000 meters out. That was a long time ago. I've learned over time that you don't help your team if you don't use them wisely. But I feel that LRMs are dead now, caught in the gray area of mrms and srms. Why take a LRM missile system and make act like something else?
I realize that this is a game-but I feel keep the weapons systems should be as close to reality as possible. The Army, Navy, Air Force have long range missiles, medium and short. They do what there suppose to do at their respective ranges. You haven't seen a Ballistic missiles given the task of shooting LOS. What has been done to the LRMs is disappointing. The new patch not only killed smaller missiles but killed the skill tree. Lock on's are impossible. Target retention, sensor range useless. AMS lets little volleys pass bit knock out heavier volleys.
Many say that it was a lazy way to get damage and high scores and no kills. In the meanwhile light mechs were doing one shot kills because the enemy mechs were weakened by LRM fire. They bragged about how many kills they got or components destroyed but many times it was because the enemy had be weakened by LRM fire. I will add how about the Assault iwth 5 er large lasers that stands off at 1000 meters and snipes the entire game. Nerf the lasers to 300 meters. Nerf everything. Another point, why by new mechs for dollars or cbills its a waste of time because the missile systems are broke.
The way it was before was not bad. I play mixed builds but I found that a fast medium or heavy with some LRMs could save the game if the pilot was skilled enough to work with and as a team member.
LRMs broke, SRMs, are broke, skill tree for lrms broke in the weapon and sensor areas. Tag- broke. matchmaker- iffy.Waste of time...Let the one shot lights increase the K/D ratios. Fact is they never give credit to how they got there.
What's going to happen with MEC 5...they going to nerf that too. MWO you may be headed for the intensive care unit.
For you pilots that use LRMs with other weapons and in the medium range to short my hat is off to you because when I have been in a "dance of death" with another mech an alert LRMer would send a volley and save me.
I probably spent a little more $ in this game and didn't mind it because it was fun but now I am not sure where this is all heading.
PGI look at the overall game. It wasn't broke before but I feel it is now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users