About The Dervish

5 replies to this topic

#1 Blackice001

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

It was a new campaign. My character acquired a dervish through devious means. With the support of 3 other mechs we needed to move through hostile territory to get to our objective.

I of course was the scout, I moved first. I ran down a creek bed and attempted to turn. This incurred a piloting check. I failed...

5pts of damage to my rear torso. Pierced the rear armor and sustained a critical. The critical was the srm ammo and my mech imploded.

There was a bit of unhappiness of course but I declared my auto eject would have gone off and therefore saved my new toon. So after a facing check I proceeded to auto eject in to a cliff along level 3 terrain.

So then, I will decline a purchase of the new dervish just out of memories of past experiences with them. :)

Hope you enjoyed the story.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:51 PM

Similar to Daboku's get hit in the torso and suddenly you're ejected... this actually makes me want to get it instead of pass on it...

Then again if it KEEPS the missile doors, I'm gonna get it anyway. The 20% damage resistance to each of 3 doors that the Archer gets while they are closed makes it very fun to play.

Wonder if the missile door mechanic will also be in MW5?

#3 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:35 AM

Stuff like this happens. Usually, I'm not superstitious, but I have always the same strange behavior.
  • Barghest loses his main gun very early by accident or unlikely event
    • PSR after firing HGR while running
      • hey its a quad so np...
      • but failed PSR, got damaged critical, HGR...boom.... pure suicide devices those HGRs
  • Thunderbolt losing his Gyro by snake eyes
  • Warhammer - snake eye
  • BattleMaster hit to the head while in almost perfect condition
    • SRM spread and PSR pilot blacks-out
    • No-Dachi with sword
    • LBX round firing slug - critical roll
On the other hand
  • Zeus going full rampage and hitting everything and anything while being next to invulnerable
  • same for the Warhammer IIC (everytime used in games it always came out without 4 kills or more)
  • Hollander doing what it's supposed to do and breaking legs of Clan Ligh Mechs - although to hit number is always very high
unfortunately two of those unlucky guys are in my new BattleTech Box.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 26 March 2019 - 06:06 AM.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:30 AM

Could a person be any more unlucky than that? Bummer :/

I hope the next time things go a lot better for you.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:28 AM

One of my Megamek partners, Lordred, had an issue with virtually everything he played; at least one mech every three matches would lose get a broken gyro or a broken leg or something else within the first 2 moves...and spend a huge chunk of the game "still alive" because I had a habit of ignoring the helpless.

In Phoenix versus Invasion 1 (mechs from the two MWO packs in Megamek), it was the Locust.
In a free for all, it was a MadCat MK II.
In King Crab versus Dire Wolf it was his entire left side in the first move.

On my end, I learned not to get close to Battlemaster Shadowhawk pairs.
Did a "Kool-aid Man" by bursting through a building almost point blank by a Battlemaster as a Dire Wolf, catching him by surprise.
Got kicked, lost two actuators in my leg. Shadowhawk jumps behind-me on a diagonal (to stand next to the building I burst through) and kicks me, I lost two more actuators in the same leg. Leg's completely destroyed and I'm face-first into the ground. I then spent several minutes (a couple of dozen turns) doing one-arm pushups to use the other arm to shoot as they beat the crap out of me.
So I tried to stop them by bursting through another building as a Kitfox at range.
Shadowhawk jumps next to me, kicks... another destroyed leg.

I've stopped bursting through buildings now.

#6 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostBlackice001, on 23 March 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

It was a new campaign. My character acquired a dervish through devious means. With the support of 3 other mechs we needed to move through hostile territory to get to our objective.

I of course was the scout, I moved first. I ran down a creek bed and attempted to turn. This incurred a piloting check. I failed...

5pts of damage to my rear torso. Pierced the rear armor and sustained a critical. The critical was the srm ammo and my mech imploded.

There was a bit of unhappiness of course but I declared my auto eject would have gone off and therefore saved my new toon. So after a facing check I proceeded to auto eject in to a cliff along level 3 terrain.

So then, I will decline a purchase of the new dervish just out of memories of past experiences with them. :)

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Better to die with your mech than live as dispossessed. Auto-eject off!
(Also, unless your are playing 3025 stock, install CASE and move ammo).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users