10 replies to this topic

#1 Viktor Xen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

too hard to see, and the buildings create obstacles to flow to more than a reasonable degree. The bottlenecks at every turn are infuriating, because every jackhole and their mother stop right in the middle of the path. I have not enjoyed a single match on this map. Keep in mind I have waited till now to share my opinion, So I believe I've given it a fair chance to grow on me.

#2 iceMWO

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:42 PM

Greeting !

This map must be removed, or completely redone ...

iceMWO

#3 Pfuscher1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:08 AM

This map might have been a good idea in theory, but players just walk into each other like Orks.
It has bad flanking options. You have to run around a whole block to flank someone and he counters that with just looking to his side.

I'm not an LRM Player, but that map deactives them a lot.

On top of that half the Frames of other maps.

It's really the worst one.

Oh and there is a new exploit on it, where you can get inside some buildings and kill everybodies experience.

Edited by Pfuscher1, 17 April 2019 - 02:08 AM.

#4 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

The map is not good but also not as bad as you guys make it look .

Oh, and Pfuscher ? That glitch is not new … last time I played it (about 4-5 months ago) we already had one MistLynx glitch into a building by accident .
That player did the honorable thing after finding out he couldn´t be hurt and suicided.

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,574 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:01 AM

View PosticeMWO, on 31 March 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Greeting !

This map must be removed, or completely redone ...

iceMWO

Oh. Look. Another map that "must be removed"... I'll just add it to the stack with Alpine, Polar, Crimson, HPG, Terra Therma, Forest, River, Caustic...

#6 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,584 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

I like it,lurmers are mostly useless,nice hard Brawls and my Hunter Wolverine can flank from any side unseen and suddenly attck with SRM´s and med puls. .Especially to kill clan "l lurm in your face from 2meters Pilots"
Works fine with my 103 km/h Wolverine 7k I like it. I cant wait to buy for Cbils the Vapor eagle next month and go hunting in Solaris City.
After my PC tune up last year absolutly no problems on that map

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 April 2019 - 12:54 PM.

#7 handsinpants

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

1 of the better maps on offer good cover, just the infinite bad players that need to stand on top of every other bad player then cry it's a bad map cause they had to try share same spot with 6 other that "need" that spot.

if don't like it your 1 them players with brawl spec queueing for polar highlands; and you need 5mins to aim your lasers at target out of range and shutdown

#8 Kasumi99

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

I hate to hate maps. I make a point of finding something to like about every map I play on. While I do tend to specialize in LRMs, I also tend to play aggressively, using them to fire not just over obstacles, but around them as well, fighting at similar ranges as everyone else on my team. I had only just come to view Solaris City as a challenge... but something has changed with it that makes it unplayable for me:
Clipping issues that see me drop through the ground, and movement issues that see my speed indicator show 273.1 kilometers per hour in an untweaked 90-ton Warhammer IIC (a speed that would require an engine rating of 1520) while I can neither move or turn.
These things only happen on this map, which forces me to concur with those calling for the map to be removed, at least until it is properly fixed.

#9 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:40 AM

Not a fan of this map, feels unoptimised, no decent sight lines. Everyone just piles in the middle and brawls it out.

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,574 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 19 May 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

I'd be game if the city had been bombed, and looked as though it were out of a WWII European theater movie... I think this a type of map this game needs!

This map was based upon the events that happened during the Civil War where the fighting in the arena burst out of the arena and into the pristine city. Despite the fighting, each side did attempt to reduce damage to the city proper.
So... the city really shouldn't be bombed to pieces (at least not this city).

However, as a recommended map concept to PGI, I think a bombed city with broken towers blocking roads and paths could be interesting.

#11 Vincefeld

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 11:40 PM

Stupidest most unbalanced map thats made for brawlers and high alpha traders while screwing everyone else.
Solaris city is reason why we need map bans before clicking quick play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users