#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

Just want to start with: You guys aren't funny! :P

So Match Maker configuration has been completed and is ready for testing. This means it's supposed to do what was outlined in the FP Update Match Maker video. The work on the Faction Play Phase Execution system (event driver) is nearing completion and should be ready for internal first look on Monday.

That being said, PTS will probably be next Friday (April 5) and I'm going to try to help organize participants to check out the system to make sure it works and that results from each phase of an event works properly.

After reading feedback on the last weekly update, I will talk to Matt about providing PTS participants with in-game rewards and let you know beforehand what those rewards will be.

- ButPaul

#2 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Love the signature. :) If it's on Friday, I can voluntell a few guys to get on the PTS and help test, reward or not.

#3 Halvenhalev

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

So just curious, did three faction play matches as clan, every inner sphere mech on the enemy team had ERLarge Lasers and not just a couple, talking battlemasters with 5, pretty much bs, when will this op weapon comps be nerfed?

#4 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

View PostHalvenhalev, on 29 March 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

So just curious, did three faction play matches as clan, every inner sphere mech on the enemy team had ERLarge Lasers and not just a couple, talking battlemasters with 5, pretty much bs, when will this op weapon comps be nerfed?

The IS vs Clan balance at the extreme range is very good right now, pls don't try to break it

#5 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:44 PM

View PostHalvenhalev, on 29 March 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

Sigh. Please tell us what do you expect from an organised team attacking Boreal Vault?
FP solo experience can be rough, that's what matchmaker is trying to improve.

Also, 2 LPL Shadowcat is not the best choice for the first wave defense on this map (or any map since LPL nerf).

#6 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:11 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 29 March 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Just want to start with: You guys aren't funny! Posted Image

So Match Maker configuration has been completed and is ready for testing. This means it's supposed to do what was outlined in the FP Update Match Maker video. The work on the Faction Play Phase Execution system (event driver) is nearing completion and should be ready for internal first look on Monday.

That being said, PTS will probably be next Friday (April 5) and I'm going to try to help organize participants to check out the system to make sure it works and that results from each phase of an event works properly.

After reading feedback on the last weekly update, I will talk to Matt about providing PTS participants with in-game rewards and let you know beforehand what those rewards will be.

- ButPaul

ButPaul

Rewards or not, I will certainly be giving the PTS a run.

Thanks for the update.

#7 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

Is there a link to update the PTS client, I haven't PTS since about 6 PTS's ago, would like to get a head start on the download if possible and then just patch it to the live version when it's up.

Thanks

#8 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

@slide: I believe there is a good workaround for those whose PTS client is so much out of date, repair tool. It should fix your PTC client in one go.

#9 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

If its faction play updates on the pts I don't need rewards to make sure it will work. I'm sure the evil guys will be with me on that. Just gotta do our comp stuff first

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostvonJerg, on 31 March 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

@slide: I believe there is a good workaround for those whose PTS client is so much out of date, repair tool. It should fix your PTC client in one go.

Yep. Copy game files, run repair tool - PTS will update with only whats needed.

Works well / saves time.

#11 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

Thanks guys I'll get started on it tonight, I forgot that PTS was now part of the portal, I think I still have a standalone copy installed somewhere on my system, guess I technically don't need 3 copies of MWO taking up space, lol.

#12 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:36 AM

I will gladly stream FP PTS for the entire weekend if everything in it works smoothly. Would love if PGI could provide giftcodes for streamers who have been regularly streaming FP to build hype for the FP update come May.

#13 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:13 AM

..and you've got my axe.
cya on the PTS!

Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 02 April 2019 - 07:13 AM.

#14 DeVolt_RKS

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:47 PM

I have never done PTS, but I'll watch Yondu's stream 😀

#15 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:19 PM

i am guessing matchmaker tests will be bereft of data unless at least one potato is in queue so... i will be there :)

#16 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:34 PM

Well I'll be there so at least 2 potatoes. Perhaps we will potate together. (compost might be more accurate for me having not played since Christmas)

#17 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:36 PM

I might even give it a run this time around.

#18 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

**** yeah, lets do it!

After this tho, any chance of going over faction and achievement rewards?

In light of how much grind it is, the faction rewards are P.weak after you make it beyond like the 4th level or so.

Also I think Faction performance should count towards ALL achievements, there need to be more achievements, and those rewards also need some buffs.

#19 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:45 PM

I'm watching the FP developer communications like a hawk right now. To be honest I'm feeling a bit iffy if this is going to be ready for you tomorrow. QA is doing an initial pass and finding some issues that need to be fixed. I'll keep updating in here frequently to let you guys know the status of things.

On a side note, yes we WILL be incentivizing and providing rewards for PTS participation.

#20 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

^ HECK YEAH BROTHER.

I loved those mini-campaigns from last year. Look forward to more of that good stuff. Especially if we get to fight IS on IS and Clan on Clan. Should be lit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users