64 replies to this topic

#1 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

the following build has been taken from our GCGB internal forum thread called "build of the month," where we are continiously trying to document the most "interesting" mech builds we are facing in our matches.

Stealth Javelin:
Posted Image

This is just an example for the growing number of players using stealth troll builds just to extend match time without even a chance to win the match. These players are hurting their own team because they neither do damage to the opponent nor share their armor. They only waste everybody elses time.

Just yesterday I played a FP match with a guy using some stealth spiders in his invasion dropdeck on Sulfurous Rift. His whole team died attacking while he fooled around at the opposite gate. As he chose not to deactivate stealth to do proper damage on the gens he just tried to waste every one elses time.

The reason why I am posting this here, is to ask for your experiences with players using such stealth troll builds.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:47 AM

this type of behavior isn't unique to stealth builds

To give an example: a small group of players, including 1 guy who's a streamer and thinks he's the "TOP 1" player in FP because he plays more than anyone else and is always the very last guy in the back. They frequently troll the enemy team when they're losing with commandos/piranhas last wave and going off in the farthest parts of the map to hide, because for them it's fun to piss off other players. They've been reported hundreds if not thousands of times for this, and PGI has shown it's not going to do anything about it. Douchebags gonna douchebag, nothing you can do about it, some people just have a very miserable life and I guess it brings them joy to make others miserable, and if they can't do it in RL, at least they can do it in an online videogame

#3 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

Nothing wrong with stealth builds. I take a lot of joy from walking a stealth Atlas across polar and vomiting on lone snipers. :)

#4 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 March 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

this type of behavior isn't unique to stealth builds

To give an example: a small group of players, including 1 guy who's a streamer and thinks he's the "TOP 1" player in FP because he plays more than anyone else and is always the very last guy in the back. They frequently troll the enemy team when they're losing with commandos/piranhas last wave and going off in the farthest parts of the map to hide, because for them it's fun to piss off other players. They've been reported hundreds if not thousands of times for this, and PGI has shown it's not going to do anything about it. Douchebags gonna douchebag, nothing you can do about it, some people just have a very miserable life and I guess it brings them joy to make others miserable, and if they can't do it in RL, at least they can do it in an online videogame
well it's not ASH, he loathes FW...

Maybe loathes is too strong a word. He uses it as a training ground for training.

#5 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 March 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

well it's not ASH, he loathes FW...

Maybe loathes is too strong a word. He uses it as a training ground for training.

No I wasnt talking about ash, pretty sure most FP regulars know who I'm talking about. But per forum coc I cannot name the player or a moderator I also cannot name will take action against me or this thread......damn, I spoke about moderation, gg thread locked

#6 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 March 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

No I wasnt talking about ash, pretty sure most FP regulars know who I'm talking about. But per forum coc I cannot name the player or a moderator I also cannot name will take action against me or this thread......damn, I spoke about moderation, gg thread locked

Yeah, thx Hazeclaw... ;)

#7 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

There is a whole unit that seems dedicated to not engaging, and they aren't doing **** about it.

And if they banned people for troll builds B33f wouldn't have any content. :P

#8 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 March 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'll say it lmao irex haxor primo and his buddies do that. I'll call out ******* when I see them. For a player with decent skill (yes I'll admit his gunnery is fine although whether he is using hax is another thing :D), he is the ultimate pugshielder. Once he dropped first in an ERLL raven on Tourmaline and decided to fire his 2ERLLs at enemies for the entire match so that he can get max xp on it, instead of helping with proper mechs. As a clanner attacking Vitric he refused to enter the gates, instead staying outside with a 2ERPPC SHC and staying in the dropzone after losing that mech. Now I'll just wait for my comment to be redacted but in the meantime for those who don't know now you know the **** to look out for in your FP drops.

#9 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:20 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 17 March 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

I'll say it lmao irex haxor primo and his buddies do that. I'll call out ******* when I see them. For a player with decent skill (yes I'll admit his gunnery is fine although whether he is using hax is another thing Posted Image), he is the ultimate pugshielder. Once he dropped first in an ERLL raven on Tourmaline and decided to fire his 2ERLLs at enemies for the entire match so that he can get max xp on it, instead of helping with proper mechs. As a clanner attacking Vitric he refused to enter the gates, instead staying outside with a 2ERPPC SHC and staying in the dropzone after losing that mech. Now I'll just wait for my comment to be redacted but in the meantime for those who don't know now you know the **** to look out for in your FP drops.

My problem is that some Clanners take example what he is doing.

The last weeks it got really worse.

I mean it was always like Clanners wait that IS attacks because Clanners want to use their long range advantage. But it became ridiculous lately and HE is one reason for this.

Clanners i fight ALL refuse to take action, refuse to attack (even in attack mode), they ALL bring Lurms and ATM and ERPPC and ERLL, no matter which map, even no matter if WE have kill lead.

They all stay back and backer, meanwhile they go BEHIND their own drop zones. Its really no fun to fight at the moment. because these stat padders all refuse to fight.

Boys and girls, we are ******* tired of this ****. There only will be Assassin rushes in future AND we are hanging back 20 minutes when we get kill lead. We will do everything to punish Clanners for their passivity.

I mean do you Clanners dont see this ridiculous behaviour?? This cant be fun.

Example Sulfurous. Clan attack. We see this clown with his SHC and 6 Lurmers, 3 poptarders and 2 rookies with Cheetahs ERLL. They all stay outside of base and "snipe", the whole ******* match. Then they get salty and write "IS OP". Its ridiculous.

#10 Yllirion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:18 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 March 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

My problem is that some Clanners take example what he is doing.

The last weeks it got really worse.

I mean it was always like Clanners wait that IS attacks because Clanners want to use their long range advantage. But it became ridiculous lately and HE is one reason for this.

LOL. Clans have long range advantage, IS have a lot brawl mechs and armor. BUT. Clan are bad, because they dont want die against IS brawlers.
Posted Image

#11 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:25 AM

View PostYllirion, on 18 March 2019 - 03:18 AM, said:

LOL. Clans have long range advantage, IS have a lot brawl mechs and armor. BUT. Clan are bad, because they dont want die against IS brawlers.

Lol you dont get it.

Clanners are super passive meanwhile. If we dont attack nothing will happen in the match. They never run forward, always back.

Yeah IS have super brawl mechs which are slow as ****. Then we walk over the whole map and Clanners run away again. This is not fighting.

#12 Yllirion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:31 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 March 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

Lol you dont get it.

Clanners are super passive meanwhile. If we dont attack nothing will happen in the match. They never run forward, always back.

Yeah IS have super brawl mechs which are slow as ****. Then we walk over the whole map and Clanners run away again. This is not fighting.

Hmm. You fight against small groups and pugs with full 12 mans premade. With brawlers. You do NSR. And cry a lot, then you get rect. Learn how play better.

Stop do **** like this:
Posted Image

#13 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:08 AM

View PostYllirion, on 18 March 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

Hmm. You fight against small groups and pugs with full 12 mans premade. With brawlers. You do NSR. And cry a lot, then you get rect. Learn how play better.

Stop do **** like this:
Posted Image

Mh...i see 7 guys from 1RBR, MS "pug" and you. Also i see 7 guys from OSOS.

Especially this match was funny, you stood behind your Drop zone in B5 and didnt move the whole match, except your Narcer.

We didnt have a single Lurmer with us. gg easy.

Edit: And that i "cry a lot" when we get rect... i remember 2 matches we lost th last days, this screenshot is one of them. Where did i cry when i said gg lurmer?

Edited by Bishop Six, 18 March 2019 - 04:10 AM.

#14 Yllirion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:11 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 March 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

Mh...i see 7 guys from 1RBR, MS "pug" and you. Also i see 7 guys from OSOS.

Especially this match was funny, you stood behind your Drop zone in B5 and didnt move the whole match, except your Narcer.

We didnt have a single Lurmer with us. gg easy.

Edit: And that i "cry a lot" when we get rect... i remember 2 matches we lost th last days, this screenshot is one of them. Where did i cry when i said gg lurmer?

I dont have any lrm mechs in my drop deck, like most of my team. So, if we dont want die easy against yours NSR assasins at center - its you problem. Think better, next time.

You can stomp pugs, like "MS-style-crabs-party", but against team players - you zero.

Edited by Yllirion, 18 March 2019 - 04:14 AM.

#15 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

The idea of this thread was to discuss builds & strategies that are harming your own team not to have a new round of fruitless Clan VS IS "mimimi". I propose to meet on the battlefiled to clarify any open issues regarding this topic. Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 18 March 2019 - 04:26 AM.

#16 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 18 March 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

The idea of this thread was to discuss builds & strategies that are harming your own team not to have a new round of fruitless Clan VS IS "mimimi". I propose to meet on the battlefiled to clarify any open issues regarding this topic. Posted Image

You are right so excuse me.

But still i think this behaviour i spoke about of falling back clanners is one point of "builds & strategies that are harming your own team".

What do you expect from Clanners in attack on sulfurous with LRM and ATM? For example. This harms Clanner who are willed to fight.

#17 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:42 AM

Honestly the speed / range advantage is so small now it might as well be negligible. If the maps were bigger thus giving more time and space to move, then it would mean something. But in FW on attack/ defence you're forced into 700m or less engagements. Once you've (IS) breached that range, the speed/range of the clan mech isnt gonna help you.

#18 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:58 AM

Bishop I love how you manage to funnel all your anger to "clanners". It makes me happy at this point in the game we still have serious loyalists that shake their fist in the air and go all "Gawd damn clammers!"

We all know ALL IS players are noble knights adhering to the strict code of "Bishops honor"

Edited by Hazeclaw, 18 March 2019 - 07:06 AM.

#19 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:01 AM

I'm pretty sure a trip to Kraketoa will be the FAIT of this thread....

#20 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 March 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

You are right so excuse me.

But still i think this behaviour i spoke about of falling back clanners is one point of "builds & strategies that are harming your own team".

What do you expect from Clanners in attack on sulfurous with LRM and ATM? For example. This harms Clanner who are willed to fight.

As we play on Clan as on IS side with our Clanwatch I have seen players on all sides trying to lurm out of their drop zone. But of course I will always try to have enough space to the opponent when playing Clan. Let's wait for the upcoming LRM changes with tomorrows patch. But back to your question. When playing only in small groups with lots of pugs, today you have at least one lance with a FP damage below 500 for each pilot. It doesn't matter whether the are using missiles or direct fire.

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 18 March 2019 - 09:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users