Remove "classic" Maps

111 replies to this topic

#1 Nightlurk

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:21 AM

Please remove the "classic" maps from random battles rotation, most people vote for them having no clue what they are and then everything turns into a complete clusterfk.

You might as well hand me a dice and make me roll for win/loss and just save me the wasted time.

Why are those maps back in the game anyway? You took them out because they were horrible, and now you added them back in for what!? At least make them optional and not force me to play through them.

And yes this is a rant!

#2 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

1st off, NO!

2nd) they were taken out of rotation because they were reworked

3rd) they're back because people were asking for them to come back

4th) I don't know why people would have a problem with those maps.

#3 Nightlurk

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:37 AM

2) Yeah and the reworked version are fine. So those "classics" can stay where they belong, in the archive files.

3) What "people"? I don't recall there being a community referendum... More like they're back because it's cheaper for the devs to just unzip some old files than actually put in the work to make new maps. I wonder if all that pre-order money is being used to fund any other work besides creating more mechs for more pre-orders...

4) These maps are clusterfk-ish. Especially the frozen city one. If you play this in organized clan v clan battles then it's fine, because you're supposed to have proper command and proper tactics, but for random battles where most people are already confused and have no idea what they're doing, and have little to no organization, leadership or tactics, then it's a coin toss. Like I said, might as well give me a dice roll when I click the battle button and save me the waste of time.

The irony of things is that I was finally praising the game for being in a "stable" enjoyable state a few weeks ago. I was saying after all those years, they finally got their **** together and have a balanced game, and then they dropped those maps in... /facepalm

#4 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:43 AM

No.

#5 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:45 AM

I'm going to be vocal and categorically say:

DO NOT REMOVE THE CLASSIC MAPS.

They inject a little diversity to the mix of gameplay and actually help to combat the Rotate-a-potato that seems to have become a commonplace tactic. My vote is for them to stay.

#6 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:10 AM

Why would you be upset with the most dynamic and lively combat than any other maps can usually offer?

And maps were taken out because they couldn't support new game modes, not because you consider them horrible.
You are correct, bringing them back was a very cost-effective action for PGI, delivering something without sweating too much. Doesn't make it a bad thing for the customer.

Now if only i could get the old River City, Caustic and Terra Therma... Posted Image

#7 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:10 AM

View PostNightlurk, on 30 March 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

most people vote for them having no clue what they are and then everything turns into a complete clusterfk.

People are voting for them because they're new and the reason they are turning into chaos is because people are still learning them.

They're also much harder to Nascar on while still giving the opportunity to flank, which is a plus.

Personally I think they missed an opportunity. Should have run an event, Classic Maps only and discounts on the original 'mech packs (and mech bays).

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:16 AM

Please remove the "classic" maps from random battles rotation,

No.

everything turns into a complete clusterfk.

That's actually where the fun lies. <maniacal Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image>

Edited by Mystere, 30 March 2019 - 04:17 AM.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:03 AM

New maps are great.

Main issue is the population doesn't understand that NASCAR doesn't work on them due to their design.

It's going to take at least a month for the intellectually challenged to work this out.

#10 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:18 AM

The classic maps are great, they simply play differently. The difference in play style is part of what makes them great.

But as others have said it'll take some time for people to get used to them.

#11 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:27 AM

I'm getting tiered of the forum whining about every map in the game.

The problem is not the maps.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:57 AM

-with tone of baffled incredulity-

Remove the old maps!!?
Are you insane!!!!??

For the love of mechagesus, brawling, yes, beautiful, unrestrained, smash mouth brawling is actually a thing again!
Don't take that away!

#13 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:04 AM

View PostMystere, on 30 March 2019 - 04:16 AM, said:

That's actually where the fun lies. <maniacal Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image>

mystere, i love you. lol. the more *********** we can get the better it is. the chaos is so much more fun than stupid nacsaring Posted Image
we need ALL OF THE OLD MAPS BACK HELL YEAH!

and more maps designed like them bust maybe a bit bigger. and less polar highlands. like, 0 polar highlands.

btw, forest colony revamp barely gets played and voted for Posted Image i seen ONE battle taking place at the middle-north beach and thats because i started a damn slugfest there Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image it was the most awesome battle ever where no one actually had a clue what the hell was going on Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image best battles Posted Image

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:05 AM

The only thing I want to see changed is charlie spawn on Team 1 side of Frozen City Classic (Day and Night) swapped for the Bravo spawn. Assaults are too slow to spawn in the low ground, and those that don't know to walk back and use the back ramp up basically get picked for free by Team 2 as they climb up the ramp that's directly at spawn.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:30 AM

View PostVxheous, on 30 March 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

The only thing I want to see changed is charlie spawn on Team 1 side of Frozen City Classic (Day and Night) swapped for the Bravo spawn. Assaults are too slow to spawn in the low ground, and those that don't know to walk back and use the back ramp up basically get picked for free by Team 2 as they climb up the ramp that's directly at spawn.

This and also on HPG D2 (?) spawn where the dropship throws you into a crater and I have seen people walking in circles before they manage to get out.

#16 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:37 AM

Please remove the "classic" maps from random battles rotation, most people vote for them having no clue what they are and then everything turns into a complete clusterfk.

You might as well hand me a dice and make me roll for win/loss and just save me the wasted time.

Why are those maps back in the game anyway? You took them out because they were horrible, and now you added them back in for what!? At least make them optional and not force me to play through them.

And yes this is a rant!

You don't know what you're talking about.

Leave the Classic maps! They're fun and are a pleasant change from the wandering around/NASCAR dynamic that has taken hold in the game.

#17 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:44 AM

OP, I think, has moved on as he got his own a$$ handed to him ......

Old maps stay !!!

#18 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:47 AM

Nope leave em alone a great addition.
And on a side note "Rotate-a-potato" is my new favorite wordPosted Image

#19 z3a1ot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:05 AM

Adding those old maps was a good move by PGI. I vote them to stay. Now I would also like they bring back classic Caustic and Terra if that's possible.

#20 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:18 AM

No no no no and no! They're quick, fast, you don't walk 2 minutes to reach a fight and there's plenty for everyone on them.
So happy to see the Classic sizes return! We need more.

View PostNovakaine, on 30 March 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

And on a side note "Rotate-a-potato" is my new favorite wordPosted Image

Why not RotatoPotato?

Edited by Acersecomic, 30 March 2019 - 07:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users