Killing A Disconnected Or Zero Ping Mech

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:51 AM

on your own, doesn't for some reason count as being a solo kill. I've had several matches where i've found disconnected players, been the only one to damage them, score the killing blow, but not been awarded the solo/kmdd for them.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

I've seen the same problem myself way too many times. You have my agreement that PGI should fix that. :mellow:

~D. V. "Not getting proper credit for a Solo Kill = Not fun at all" Devnull

#3 Thunderfrog

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:13 PM

I don't think it should count at all until the last couple of minutes of the game.

PGI's servers are crap and tons of players get disconnected at drop, only to log in 2 minutes later to find out they've been Piranha'd. I know your kinda under game rules to kill them.. but..

Posted Image
"In the Mechwarrior world, those who break the rules are scum. But those taking advantage of server and bug based DC's are worse than scum."

#4 kaltstart

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 02:36 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 30 March 2019 - 03:51 AM, said:

on your own, doesn't for some reason count as being a solo kill. I've had several matches where i've found disconnected players, been the only one to damage them, score the killing blow, but not been awarded the solo/kmdd for them.

what do you think? rewards for cowardness? the game rewards teamplay, no killer-monger-spees

#5 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 March 2022 - 07:48 PM

View PostThunderfrog, on 05 April 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

I don't think it should count at all until the last couple of minutes of the game.

PGI's servers are crap and tons of players get disconnected at drop, only to log in 2 minutes later to find out they've been Piranha'd. I know your kinda under game rules to kill them.. but..

Posted Image
"In the Mechwarrior world, those who break the rules are scum. But those taking advantage of server and bug based DC's are worse than scum."
When the disconnected person is the last one standing holding up the game ending I don't see a reason why that person can't be killed. I just ended a match where the last guy was a crashed game who didn't rejoin, what's the point of rejoining your usually dead by the time you reconnect and even if you do you sometimes get a leave penalty.... I think a better solution would be to simply FIX THE SERVERS!!!

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 March 2022 - 07:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users