Jump to content

Mwo Autism Awareness Event!


94 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:38 PM



Greetings MechWarriors! Mech Dads unite to raise awareness for Autism!


inspired by PGI Employee Mike Forst's daughter.

"Piranha Games, developers of MechWarrior Online, is partnering with Autism Canada to advocate for and support people with Autism and their families so that those on the Autism Spectrum can have full, healthy and happy lives."

Join Daeron and Phil for fun times and lots of giveaways during an Autism Awareness fundraising stream
Tuesday, April 2nd from 10am to 4pm PDT (1pm to 7pm EDT)


THANK YOU MECHWARRIORS
TOGETHER WE RAISED OVER $5000
FOr Autism Awareness!


THANK YOU SO MUCH MECHWARRIOR COMMUNITY!
YOU ARE THE TRUE HEROES


Head over to the Community page to see who is Streaming for the MWO Autism Awareness Fundraiser!
Streamers will be giving out Hero Mechs ETC!



#2 Xeno Phalcon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,344 posts
  • LocationHeard Nekobich was gone

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

While its always good to do charity stuff and help promote awareness and understanding of such things (in this case autism), I couldnt help but read the event name then thought of our community and got a good laugh - we are certainly the most qualified to handle autism!

#3 MummyPig

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

Finally a truly worthy event.

#4 Fryepod

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 108 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

<Daughter that's 5.

.. i appreciate everyday that she remains in good health, let me tell you.. it's easy to be a parent when your child never had anything to be worried about other than a fever. This is good event, good cause...

Shout out to my young and old fathers alike, my dad brought me to Battletech and I'm sure your daughter has saw it too.
Strong fathers unite!

#5 Cykl0neJack

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

This is amazing!!!!

#6 FupDup

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25,394 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

Looks like the MechDad meme has been officially canonized.

#7 Tia Somarsong

    Rookie

  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:36 PM

Well this MechMom Posted Image will be supporting along with the MechDads. I have a child who is spectrum and I totally get it.

#8 Gagis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:32 PM

That thing is so cute!

Edited by Gagis, 30 March 2019 - 03:06 PM.


#9 Alilua

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

Look forward to it!

#10 johntherussian

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

I appreciate the fact they are trying to do something for a good cause, but I don't know if they thought this one through. Considering the community, the event has more than one meaning.

#11 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

As a person who has Autism, I approve.

#12 Unnatural Growth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Jesus C there PGI. It's about time you do another charity ANYTHING.

This salty-bitter-island dwelling-vet is glad to see you doing something bigger than yourselves again.

Even though my wallet has been closed to you for some time now, put together a mech for this, and I'll buy it.


Do more of these. THIS is The Good Stuff.

#13 Wintersdark

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

As a MechDad with a stompy robot-obsessed son on the spectrum, I heartily approve.

#14 Kuaron

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

Not sure if the pic fits my taste…

Also, do we already know how this mech dad thing is going to look like?

#15 FupDup

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25,394 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:24 PM

View PostKuaron, on 30 March 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Not sure if the pic fits my taste…

Also, do we already know how this mech dad thing is going to look like?

I assume the Dad Bot item will look similar to the illustration provided for this event.

Posted Image

#16 Mike Forst

    Postmaster General

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 573 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

To help provide some context for this event:

My daughter who has autism drew the Dadbot art. A couple of years ago I picked her from her Kindergarten field trip and brought her back to the office for the rest of the afternoon until it was time to go home. I found her some pencil crayons and she ended up drawing a robot with DAD written underneath it.

I shared it on Twitter and our resident concept artist, Alex Iglesias, saw it and quickly drew it up as MWO concept art and then replied to my Tweet with it. From there modeling it as a cockpit item ended up in our project management software and now it's going to be in the game.

I'm very happy and proud to have my daughter's doodle tunr into something that can help so many other people. It's always great to be able to give back and spread awareness.

I'll be going on streams starting on Tuesday to share my daughter's and my story and to help spread awareness. I look forward to talking to everyone and am more than willing to talk about my experiences.

#17 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationBest place for beer in the Inner Sphere!

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostWill9761, on 30 March 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

As a person who has Autism, I approve.



You are also a Mech Dad.

I do not have autism and neither does anyone in my family, but over the years I have seen and heard so many ignorant posts and jokes about autism on these forums and in games, that it is good to see a positive event for awareness.

#18 Pilotshark

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUnder heavy enemy fire

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

awesome

#19 KC_Fox

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 30 March 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

To help provide some context for this event:

My daughter who has autism drew the Dadbot art. A couple of years ago I picked her from her Kindergarten field trip and brought her back to the office for the rest of the afternoon until it was time to go home. I found her some pencil crayons and she ended up drawing a robot with DAD written underneath it.

I shared it on Twitter and our resident concept artist, Alex Iglesias, saw it and quickly drew it up as MWO concept art and then replied to my Tweet with it. From there modeling it as a cockpit item ended up in our project management software and now it's going to be in the game.

I'm very happy and proud to have my daughter's doodle tunr into something that can help so many other people. It's always great to be able to give back and spread awareness.

I'll be going on streams starting on Tuesday to share my daughter's and my story and to help spread awareness. I look forward to talking to everyone and am more than willing to talk about my experiences.


This is unbelievably sweet, and the support the MWO community shows is absolutely breathtaking.

#20 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 30 March 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:



You are also a Mech Dad.

I do not have autism and neither does anyone in my family, but over the years I have seen and heard so many ignorant posts and jokes about autism on these forums and in games, that it is good to see a positive event for awareness.

Yeah, that is just how people on the Internet are. When I see stuff like that, I don't pay it any mind. But when people use it as the new way to call people stupid, that is when it gets to me.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users