Vision Issues

5 replies to this topic

#1 DaHuntress

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

since the search engine won't do it's job, I am just going to make this here. I have strong concerns about being blinded just by getting shot at a bit, and every time I turn the brightness down so I have a hope of seeing what is shooting at me, you guys turn it back up again... it's bad enough I have to shell out a couple hundred bucks every couple of years for my glasses so I can keep driving, I am not going to accept being continually blinded playing this game. something needs to be done so that those of us who don't have perfect vision can still play decently.

#2 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:37 AM

Do you mean you lower the brightness in the game settings and it goes back to default ?

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:26 AM

heat vision helps against the bloom effect.

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

If the issue is that the particle effects obscure your vision then heat vision helps you see past them. Besides that, weapons obscuring your vision is part of the game's mechanics, if there was a way to get rid of them it wouldn't be fair.

If the issue is brightness then MWO has a brightness setting. If the ingame brightness setting doesn't work, reshade probably has a brightness filter with more control over the levels and values. If reshade doesn't have anything good enough I could write a shader to your specifications, I've been meaning to practice creating reshade shaders anyways.

Posted Image

#5 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostDaHuntress, on 30 March 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

since the search engine won't do it's job, I am just going to make this here. I have strong concerns about being blinded just by getting shot at a bit, and every time I turn the brightness down so I have a hope of seeing what is shooting at me, you guys turn it back up again... it's bad enough I have to shell out a couple hundred bucks every couple of years for my glasses so I can keep driving, I am not going to accept being continually blinded playing this game. something needs to be done so that those of us who don't have perfect vision can still play decently.

My eyevision is shite (3.75 dioptries left eye and 4.25 right eye) and I´m doing quite okay in this game .
What´s your GFX settings, Huntress ?

#6 DaHuntress

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:19 AM

can't seem to put the screenshot I took into here, so I can't show you my gfx settings, but I have the brightness and gamma turned down alot. I have my brightness about half of what alcot has his, and the gamma is a bit less than he has it at...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users