10 replies to this topic

#1 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

Its absolutely insane that a Clan Light Mech with MACHINE GUNS can take out an Assault in under a minute.. Thats B.S. Machines guns are not supposed to be as powerful as a AC2 or "AC1".

Between the Clan LRMs being overpowered and that Its making the game unplayable.

In Canon, Clans weapons were better because they had LESS Mechs.. Want to give them this kind of imbalance.. then make it 8 on 12.

OR give us a chance to make a Commando or Jenner to be as deadly as a Piranha.. Maybe buff the SSRMs. Something. But until a IS Light mech can do what Piranha can do you need to nerf the Clan HMG.

#2 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

Hahahaha hah..... Wait, was this serious?

Let's look at the conditions needed for a PIR to take out an Assault mech in seconds

1) the enemy team completely abandons that assault or the Assault abandoned team cohesion and is off doing its own thing (probably some LRM boat hiding in a corner)
2) the PIR is able to sneak past every enemy without being noticed and without ECM nor Stealth armor
3) gets under 120m range
4) is not one-shot by the Assault (assuming it's carrying a viable build) through its non existent armor
5) the Assault player is completely oblivious and doesn't immediately put his back into cover and return fire

And somehow it's the PIR's fault? I used to do the same thing above in a freaking Stormcrow with 12SPLas until the same whining happened and SPLas got nerfed into oblivion.

I do agree it would be NICE if there's an Inner Sphere equivalent, but there's nothing stopping anyone bringing their own PIR if it was really that OP.

I used to be one of those salty players who cringed at the PIR, until I bought one myself. It's very good very situationally. And I only bring it out when I want have a good laugh. But when it's time to get serious, I actually bring my pulse laser IS Lights

#3 George Liquor

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

Have you tried getting good?

#4 Killjoy786

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

I'm sorry... I just had to laugh at this.... for a Piranha to kill a assault "In under a minute" more like 7 seconds if that, Is IF and ONLY IF the Piranha pilot can as Imperialknight said

1) the enemy team completely abandons that assault or the Assault abandoned team cohesion and is off doing its own thing (probably some LRM boat hiding in a corner)
2) the PIR is able to sneak past every enemy without being noticed and without ECM nor Stealth armor
3) gets under 120m range
4) is not one-shot by the Assault (assuming it's carrying a viable build) through its non existent armor
5) the Assault player is completely oblivious and doesn't immediately put his back into cover and return fire

and also because so many players carry a very small amount of back armor and put most of it on the front, its only east to either tear off a ST or core out the CT, couple of small lasers to burn off the armor quickly and then lasers and all them machine guns to core and crit out the CT structure.... like... If you don't wanna get killed by a piranha or even some other lights, carry more back armor, plain and simple, and well stick with the team.

Also another thing is, a good Piranha pilot will not only be able to backstab lone mechs, they will be able to zoom in and out of the battle field with them machine guns tearing off every single open component that they see, either critting off weapons, OR just strait up tearing off a open ST from the front that a friendly greatly opened up for the opportunity

Sooo no not really, they already changed the mobility slightly and some other things on the Piranha and stuff, its not a "OP" mech, its just really good at what its build to do... back stab, and critting, you know what other mech was the cats pajama's before the Piranha and still sorta is, the mist lynx with all them machine guns in the arms.. so yeah lol

Edited by Killjoy786, 06 April 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:33 AM

TBQH, if it takes you a minute to kill anything with sustained fire from anything in QP...you are doing something very wrong.

#6 LDTorroc

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:41 PM

thing is this... 1 mg dose 1damage per second... so that is 60 damage in 60 seconds. So lets ramp this up then shall we.
what is 60X12? that is 720 damage in a total of 60 seconds, it dosnt matter if you just hitting front or back armor. that is still 720 points a damage that the mech is able to do that is before skill tweaks Or useing heavy mg's. So with lets recap that is 720 damage on a mech with can be hard to hit. I have fired entire mrm 90 salvos at one of these ******** and i have seen my rockets go right through it hitting the ground behind it so just like the arctic cheater we still have some hit box issues on it.

So yes I do think the damage needs to be tweaked TBH, The damage from the in game calculator dose not properly the DPS.
We have seen one shot builds, we have seen constant fire builds, if it could be built it was eather nerfed to hall hevan or just made possible for use. Eather the Damage needs to be lowered or we need to see jamming like we see with RAC's.

And for those who say will say " well why did you let it get close har har har." Due to the lack of automatic buttock lasers with some mechs had on TT it is not always possible to see every angle of attack meaning no matter how good you may be, there is an opening for a light or a med to get in your ranks, Even more so if your fighting an experienced light warrior

Edited by LDTorroc, 10 April 2019 - 11:43 PM.

#7 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:57 AM

I'm actually thinking about the clan lrm being overpowered...
Something sounds not good on that...

And BTW 1rst April is past to made jokes.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:23 PM

After cooldown/duration skills, which don't help MGs, you can do ≈720 damage in 60 seconds with:

• 7x isSPL
  • 6x SRM2
  • 4x SRM4
  • 3x SRM6
  • 4x AC/5
  • 4x AC/2 (lul)
  • 3 of any LRM bigger than a 5

... and that's not even a complete list. There is no logical reasoning that MG damage needs to come down.

#9 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:14 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 13 April 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

After cooldown/duration skills, which don't help MGs, you can do ≈720 damage in 60 seconds with:
  • 7x isSPL
  • 6x SRM2
  • 4x SRM4
  • 3x SRM6
  • 4x AC/5
  • 4x AC/2 (lul)
  • 3 of any LRM bigger than a 5
... and that's not even a complete list. There is no logical reasoning that MG damage needs to come down.

COMPARE TO A BUNCH OF CHEAP MACHINE GUNS.. DO THE MATH on cost and heat.. seriously

#10 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

How Piranha works?
It doesn't.
Yes, I know, I may sound ridiculous to you, but piranha is chockfull of problems.
1)It's main weapon is machineguns, which eat quite some tonnage on ammo. On a 20t mech.
2)Machineguns itself got very slow projectile speed. This alone turns then in most horrible damage spreaders and it's one more reason why 12 MGs suddenly do nothing when wolfhound enters the merry go round.
3)It's got no tank, so, if piranha will ever dare not to run donuts unseen, even the most pathetic lights can and will ruin your day. Not to mention adequately armed mechs. I was on both sides of 3xRAC/2 Dragon. Guess which side got all the fun and which got all of them "HOLY CRAP how am I supposed to escape" moments? Also, you can't really stick with the team either because team gathers all arty/air strikes. And, as you raise in tiers, you will have a lot of bad surprises. Like air/arty designated from underneath, where you can't even see the flare and, in case of arty, have no telegraph at all. And even grazing shell will strip half your armor, exposing YOUR insides to MG fire. Or even better, Quad LB10-X (Which will now oneshot you at decent distance).
4)Ever since engine desync lights kinda lost their ability to roll around people with impunity, because only few chosen mechs can't keep up with turning/angling guns. Too bad most of them got decent speed to stay in the middle of the team and quite some of them got arms, so they suddenly CAN keep up once they ram their back against the wall.

5)Finally, the last point: Piranha is powerful when enemy is distracted, badly chewed and not numerous enough. Find anything weird? Well, to me it sounds like your team probably already won, so the only thing you are good at is at saving time on final cleanup.

Edited by Strength Damage Cliff Racer, 25 June 2019 - 08:46 PM.

#11 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:28 AM

View PostChuckie, on 04 April 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Its absolutely insane that a Clan Light Mech with MACHINE GUNS can take out an Assault in under a minute.. Thats B.S. Machines guns are not supposed to be as powerful as a AC2 or "AC1".

Between the Clan LRMs being overpowered and that Its making the game unplayable.

In Canon, Clans weapons were better because they had LESS Mechs.. Want to give them this kind of imbalance.. then make it 8 on 12.

OR give us a chance to make a Commando or Jenner to be as deadly as a Piranha.. Maybe buff the SSRMs. Something. But until a IS Light mech can do what Piranha can do you need to nerf the Clan HMG.

Made a guide specifically for these sorts of players: https://mwomercs.com...sweapons-guide/
(I should probably count how many times I post a link to this guide. I bet the final number will impress me at some point)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users