No replies to this topic

#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

So, a running joke among some of us is how you could build anything in Battletech... which while we joke about it, the fact is it was deliberately done this way to encourage people to get into the tabletop during its infancy, as such the slot count is the same for all scales of mech and any restrictions is purely fluff-related, and can be taken to heart or ignored completely.

Some official canonical models even encourage the design of new weapon systems by using existing ones and design quirks. Principle among these is the Behemoth, which creates an original Gauss Rifle by having a single cannon depicted as mounted on the CT and two Gauss Rifles mounted on the STs with no barrels.
Posted Image
These are the powering systems to the actual Gauss Rifle on the CT, and allow it to fire twice as fast as a standard Gauss Rifle...at the expense of being twice as heavy. Now this was done in part because it was licensed art, unmodified, though other iterations modify it a bit to have two or three barrels accordingly.

Atlas is another prime example, the LRM-20 is in the hip and has 5 tubes.
Posted Image
Thus creating a unique LRM-20 system while fluffing how compact the 13.5-ish meter tall Atlas actually is.

The Atlas K changes this by removing the SRM-6 and having room for a split rack LRM-20 with 10 on either side of the CT, and the main feed system in the LT.
Posted Image
It was also "hurried", and as such the old housing was never removed as they didn't have time to manufacture a new hip plate to cover the area.
(Fun fact: Atlas is actually piloted from the nose... except in the case of the Atlas D-DC)

I could easily get into at least a half dozen more examples, but you're probably more interested in what I'm gonna build.

Welp.
I went for the most ridiculous thing I could think of.

Here is the Heavy Arms Custom.
Posted Image

16.7 meters tall.
9.5 tons (took me 90)
4 Gatling guns (technically they're beam gatlings so large pulses would be the best fit, maybe x-pulse) Used RAC/2s
52 Micro Missiles (managed 50 as RLs)
44 Homing Missiles (managed 42 as one-use LRMs and SRMs)
4 chest gatling guns (4 Heavy MGs)
10 DHS to manage it.
Identical ground speed.
No JJs though.
Enough ammo (2 tons) to fire the RAC/2s at the full 6 ratings/10 seconds for 37.5 seconds barring any chances to jam. Or at the slowest rate of fire for all four RAC/2s, enough to fire for 225 seconds or 3 minutes and 45 seconds.

Not bad BT, you really could build just about anything.

Edited by Koniving, 05 April 2019 - 12:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users