4 replies to this topic

#1 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Do you have any more information - what map, what weapon systems you are using, what server you were playing on - that sort of thing?

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:59 PM

View PostChiefDeiri, on 07 April 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

my damage is not being accurately represented in game. the end game counter has all the numbers as they should be.... but while in game the 'mechs that receive damage receive reduced damage by half or less than half and it takes way longer to kill them even though I did enough damage to them to kill them twice over.... I had this problem with nearly every mech I have played lately. however, I do not think it is a problem with any individual mech but rather a problem with the information sent to and or from the server. personally I feel like a large portion of the dmg counted is lost before delivery. I do not experience these problems with any other game... I play a lot of fps games as well and yeah... there is no issue with reports to or from server on those games.... but a few examples would help a lot... yeah?

I've seen similar cases. I've recently dumped over 200 pts of damage into a Cougar's leg (he was stationary, and I wailed into him), and yet I didn't blow him up. Chased him a short bit (Old Frozen City, the crows nest) and an enemy assault killed me before I could take his red internal leg (that I dealt over 200 damage to mind). End of match, I dealt over 200 points of damage, and only focused on that light mech's leg, and only a small splattering of damage to the assault... (Was in my Nightstar. Double tapped my dual UAC10s twice, fired my twin MLs twice, and my AC2s non-stop as the light mech stood still with me wailing into just one of his legs. Damage to nothing else on him.)

What is doing this? No idea. But I've noticed it from time to time where my end of match shows what damage I "think" I should have done, but the in match results drastically differed from what I did.

I can recall one time I sunk in over 500+ damage into a single light mech. Said light mech never got any armor breaches. He killed me. I engaged literally no one else in that match with an end of match damage score of 500+ damage and 1 assist. That should have killed every component of said light, and I didn't even turn their armor yellow. (Wishing I had recorded or at least end of match screenshot the match.... but I didn't.)

#3 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:39 PM

Sounds like it's the damage transfer system at play here. If a mech has lost a component & then takes fire to that component again only 40% of the damage is transferred into the mech causing the need to shoot said mech a whole butt load more to kill it.
Without video though it is impossible to tell exactly what is happening & due to this fact nothing can be done about it I'm afraid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users