• Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

Upcoming Patch - 16, April, 2019 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.199.0
Client Patch Size: 243MB

Patch Files (Direct Download)

New 'Mech: Marauder II
You can check out the Countdown post for more details about the Marauder II 'Mech as they are released!

Order them in the Store page here!

Hibernal Rift has been added to Skirmish, Assault, Conquest and Domination game modes as well as Training Grounds.

Hibernal Rift is the winter version of the existing Canyon Network map. This alternate version is more than a visual change though. There are new visible pathways to the upper deck areas near the center and there are a few more blocker areas and assets to make the gameplay unique to this map compared to the original Canyon Network.
Check out this preview of it below:

NGNG High Res Preview

Bolt-On retrofits have been expanded to the following 'Mech chassis:

• Bushwacker
  • Huntsman
  • Marauder IIC
  • Night Gyr
  • Supernova
  • Viper
  • Corsair

Solaris Season 5 Reset

Leaderboards have been reset for a brand new Season.
Update to 'Mech Variants assigned Solaris Divisions (Check out the new 'Mech Division here!)

Solaris Seeding Match Changes:
- Seeding match SSR multiplier reduced by 57%

Solaris Season 4 Rewards:
To qualify for the prizes, players must have played a minimum of 25 matches in the given Solaris 7 Divisions. Note that these rewards do STACK if you participated in multiple Divisions.

Per Division

Decal Reward

MC Reward

C-Bills Reward

GXP Reward

Warhorn Reward

1st

1st in Division Decal
(and all Decal rewards below except 2nd and 3rd place Decal)

5000 MC

25,000,000 C-Bills

250,000 GXP

Solaris 7 Season 4 Gold Warhorn

2nd

2nd in Division Decal
(and all Decal rewards below except 3rd place Decal)

2500 MC

20,000,000 C-Bills

225,000 GXP

Solaris 7 Season 4 Silver Warhorn

3rd

3rd in Division Decal
(and all Decal rewards below)

1000 MC

12,500,000 C-Bills

200,000 GXP

Solaris 7 Season 4 Bronze Warhorn

Top 10

Top 10 in Division Decal

500 MC

8,000,000 C-Bills

150,000 GXP

Solaris 7 Season 4 Participant Warhorn

Top 25

Top 25 in Division

250 MC

6,000,000 C-Bills

100,000 GXP

Top 100

Top 100 in Division Decal

100 MC

3,000,000 C-Bills

80,000 GXP

Top 500

Top 500 in Division Decal

1,000,000 C-Bills

65,000 GXP

Top 1000

Top 1000 in Division Decal

500,000 C-Bills

50,000 GXP

Top 10000

Veteran Division Decal

50,000 C-Bills

5,000 GXP

Overall Decal Reward

1st Overall S7 Season 4 Decal

2nd Overall S7 Season 4 Decal

3rd Overall S7 Season 4 Decal

Top 10 Overall S7 Season 4 Decal

Weapon Changes

Missile Health adjustments:

After observing the recent changes to missile systems introduced in the March Patch, we have found that the Missile health tuning implemented from the tested PTS values overshot our stated goals for the AMS system when it came to the live game. Even with the additional AMS quirk scale down from high performers. Because of this, the April patch will bring further refinement to missile health values:

LRMs (Both Inner Sphere and Clan)
  • LRM 5 Health increased to 1.2 (from 1)
  • LRM 10 Health increased to 1.1 (from 0.9)
  • LRM 15 Health increased to 0.9 (from 0.8)
  • LRM 20 Health increased to 0.8 (from 0.7)

SRMs (Both Inner Sphere and Clan)
  • SRM 2 Health increased to 1 (from 0.7)
  • SRM 4 Health increased to 0.8 (from 0.6)
  • SRM 6 Health increased to 0.6 (from 0.5)

Streak SRMs (Both Inner Sphere and Clan)
  • Streak SRM 2 Health increased to 1 (from 0.7)
  • Streak SRM 4 Health increased to 0.8 (from 0.6)
  • Streak SRM 6 Health Increased to 0.6 (from 0.5)

MRMs
  • MRM 10 Health increased to 0.6 (from 0.5)
  • MRM 20 Health increased to 0.5 (from 0.4)
  • MRM 30 Health increased to 0.4 (from 0.3)
  • MRM 40 Health increased to 0.3 (from 0.2)

ATMs
  • ATM 3 Health increased to 1.6 (from 1.3)
  • ATM 6 Health increased to 1.4 (from 1.2)

Design Notes: We want to stress that although we are showing the exact values changes coming with this patch, viewing the Missile Health values in isolation does not portray an accurate picture of how this affects the relationship to missiles and AMS in-game. A 25% health boost to missile health does not translate to exactly 25% less missiles being shot down by AMS systems.

The reason for this is because missile health is a single component of a much larger AMS system that feeds into the final effectiveness of AMS. So while the health values of an MRM might be substantially less than other missiles, due to higher projectile speed, and denser amount of physical missiles in the volley, the net effectiveness of these systems in-game are not something that can easily be reflected by looking at just the health values. As Volley size, Missile Velocity, and travel time within AMS’ effect range play equally large rolls in the final results of AMS’ effectiveness in-match.

‘Mech Quirks

Thanatos

TNS-HA:
  • Rocket Launcher Heat -10% quirk added.
  • Rocket Launcher 15 HSL +2 quirk added.

Corsair:

COR-7R
  • Rocket Launcher Heat -10% quirk added
  • Rocket Launcher HSL +2 quirk added

Design Notes: We wanted to create a number of Rocket Launcher Flavor quirks to coincide with the COR-7R and to provide it to other heavy Rocket Launcher ‘Mechs like the Thanatos Hangover. Unfortunately, these new quirk types did not make the cutoff for the Corsair release and so we had to hold off on providing these particular flavor quirks assignments till this month.

Hellfire:

HLF-1
  • Heavy Laser Duration quirk increased to -10% (from -5%)
  • +5 Structure quirks added to all three torso locations.

HLF-2
  • Heavy Laser Heat -5% quirk added.
  • ATM Heat quirk increased to -10% (from -5%)

HLF-A
  • Gauss Cooldown -5% quirk added
  • Heavy Medium Laser Heat -5% quirk added

HLF-B
  • Heavy Laser Range increased to 10% (from 5%)
  • Missile Velocity +5% quirk added.

HLF-C
  • ER Laser Heat -5% quirk added.

HLF-VO
  • UAC Jam Chance increased to -20% (from -10%)
  • Missile Cooldown quirk increased to -15% (from -10%)

Design notes: We are slightly increasing both its offensive quirks, as well as providing some lighter defensive quirks to give it a bit more general flexibility.

Cadet status improvements:
  • During the 25 match Cadets phase for a new player, their ability to use in-game VoIP will be restricted.
  • Players in the Cadet phase will now be identifiable by other players with their title displayed as "CADET"

Additional fixes and improvements:
  • Fixed a texture bug where the Blood Asp did not have a proper outer Cockpit glass texture.
  • Fixed a bug where the Night Gyr C-AC/10 and C-LB10-X AC weapons appeared to be floating when equipped.
  • Fixed a bug where the Corsair COR-7A equipped AC's on the left arm recoiled vertically.
  • Fixed a bug where the Corsair COR-6R's left torso Ballistic slot is loading the blank even when a weapon is equipped.
  • Fixed a bug where the Kodiak KDK-3 and KDK-3(C) had different pitch angles.
  • Fixed a bug where the Griffin GRF-2N had one too many structure points on the left torso.
    (The change above has made the 'Mech in your mechbay become 'invalid' until you modify the left torso armor to the correct amount of points on the left torso)

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,573 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

Hibernal Rift looks nice.

#3 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostCycKath, on 11 April 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hibernal Rift looks nice.

I agree, It looks really good! The snow and volcanic patches really make it look unique compared to canyon network and not just a re-skin.

#4 Callsigntal0n

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

Okay 99.99% of this patch is amazing, the only issue i have is DO. NOT. LIMIT. NEW. PLAYER. COMMS. Like seriously who the F*** thought that was a good idea?!?!?! How are new players supposed to ask for help? Discuss builds? Make calls? Like seriously you are basically putting duct tape over the mouths of your fresh blood! Thats a TERRIBLE IDEA i cannot stress this enough when i first started VOIP in game Helped me so much its not funny, for all the stupid things pgi has done (side torso destruction heatspike for one) i have kept my opinions to myself for the most part but again DO NOT LIMIT VOICE COMMS TO NEW PLAYERS you will Drive down your new player count so hard its basically shooting yourself. PGI, please please please please DO NOT LET THIS GET INTO THE FINAL PATCH. for the love of all things sane.

#5 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:11 PM

Man, what did Dropships ever do to you? Why you gotta put crashed ones in 80% of your maps?

Some of my family members are dropships but I can't show 'em this game 'cause clearly the only good dropship is a dead dropship.

#pgiHasIssues

#6 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

Hello Posted Image . See new map means MWO will stay longer Posted Image !! MW5 to port Posted Image . The new map and a good mix of TTPosted Image and HP Posted Image are very good already these two maps are the best. Does the ship have a specific namePosted Image ?? It is possible to destroy the scenery on the mapPosted Image . For when the camouflage on the mech?Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Nice looking map!

Good job on keeping new accounts off voice coms, this should really help with the troll groups.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 11 April 2019 - 04:24 PM.

#8 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

Nice set of changes, the direction of those changes is appreciated.

Having said that, will SRM/MRM health continue to be monitored and adjusted? Can we see what SRM/MRM health was prior to the March patch? I'd love to see the 3 figures next to each other. You know, for the sake of transparency :)

#9 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

Sooooo, new renamed/retextured Canyon Network, New Mech, and some spreadsheet value changes for quirks and missiles. Cool.

How is this a month's worth of work lol? 3 people working on MWO and all the rest on MW5?

Thanks for the new map I guess.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 11 April 2019 - 04:29 PM.

#10 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

View PostCallsigntal0n, on 11 April 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Okay 99.99% of this patch is amazing, the only issue i have is DO. NOT. LIMIT. NEW. PLAYER. COMMS. Like seriously who the F*** thought that was a good idea?!?!?! How are new players supposed to ask for help? Discuss builds? Make calls? Like seriously you are basically putting duct tape over the mouths of your fresh blood! Thats a TERRIBLE IDEA i cannot stress this enough when i first started VOIP in game Helped me so much its not funny, for all the stupid things pgi has done (side torso destruction heatspike for one) i have kept my opinions to myself for the most part but again DO NOT LIMIT VOICE COMMS TO NEW PLAYERS you will Drive down your new player count so hard its basically shooting yourself. PGI, please please please please DO NOT LET THIS GET INTO THE FINAL PATCH. for the love of all things sane.

I've played this game for a long time and have never used comms. For new players I'd suggest a simple play style for their first 25 games - drop in a ~80kph medium mech and follow a heavy or assault around the map. Fire at whatever they're firing at and scare away the light mechs that come to harass them.

Also a pen an paper by your computer will help - between your matches write down any questions/thoughts about the previous match and ask them here on the forum where people have the time to respond in-depth instead of trying to answer while fighting enemies.

#11 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

Don't know. New map looks good but are we just gonna run to the same WRETCHED RAMP as in canyon?
Yawn.
Posted Image
Mute coms on newbee? Well we'll see.
Missile health. A step in the right direction.

Edited by HammerMaster, 11 April 2019 - 04:32 PM.

#12 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

For Rhialto:

Posted Image

#13 BayouDeputy

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:51 PM

@PGI, I guess first and foremost, what is the reasoning behind restricting comms for a new player's first 25 matches?

View PostRuccus, on 11 April 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

I've played this game for a long time and have never used comms. For new players I'd suggest a simple play style for their first 25 games - drop in a ~80kph medium mech and follow a heavy or assault around the map. Fire at whatever they're firing at and scare away the light mechs that come to harass them.

Also a pen an paper by your computer will help - between your matches write down any questions/thoughts about the previous match and ask them here on the forum where people have the time to respond in-depth instead of trying to answer while fighting enemies.

How can you expect a new player with cadet status to know that if they don't have access to comms? Ive found that 99% of the time people would rather ask a question in real time and get a response in real time versus finding the correct forum and posting their question there and having to wait for a reply that might take a while to answer. but in all earnest what does the VOIP restriction solve?

#14 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

Let n00bs access VOIP! Cooperation is OP.

#15 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

My guess is the restrict Tier Down and his Losers from speaking racist hate over coms when they jump into a match is why the coms. I do agree its hard for new players to ask questions and this might not be the best thing as new players ask questions at T5 trying to learn the game. A better approach would be no Team damage for 25 games would be better or even 20 games then after the 20th game to 25th game the team damage would be only 50% or so but coms, like I said, is to stop tier down and his group from getting on coms.

#16 Major Malfunktion

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

So the nonsensical business of the same missiles having different HP depending on which launcher they are fed to continues.

And removing new players' ability to ask questions in game - such a great idea that is. Who makes these decisions, and can I have a few kilograms of whatever they are smoking - it must be good stuff!

#17 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

Thanks PGI for tweaking the new map to give it some added variety beyond just the textures. Much appreciated!

Okay 99.99% of this patch is amazing, the only issue i have is DO. NOT. LIMIT. NEW. PLAYER. COMMS.

It's probably to stop the pathetic trolls who are terrorising Tier 5 by TKing, getting banned, and creating new accounts, over and over.

Edited by Appogee, 11 April 2019 - 05:20 PM.

#18 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Micro buffs to missiles, hmmm.

#19 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:29 PM

View PostBayouDeputy, on 11 April 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

How can you expect a new player with cadet status to know that if they don't have access to comms? Ive found that 99% of the time people would rather ask a question in real time and get a response in real time versus finding the correct forum and posting their question there and having to wait for a reply that might take a while to answer. but in all earnest what does the VOIP restriction solve?

You could still type any questions during your first 25 matches, but my concern would also be in getting correct/accurate information from fellow tier 5 players. A post on the forum is viewed by more people and any incorrect information can be corrected by others in following posts.

I haven't been able to play with/against tier 5 players for a long time, but my guess is the restrictions might come because of verbal abuse from people making new accounts to troll other players.

#20 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

new mech and a new map, holy hell pgi, progress

Also, what was the new mech announcement for this month?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users