Need Help With 3D Model Generation

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ogre13

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:22 AM

What I'm trying to do is to create a 3D model of a specific mech/loadout I play in MWO for my own personal use.

I'm new to Blender and am learning it, but am still a SUPER noob to this specific program. I've been able to convert the files into DAE objects and successfully import the model and texture files into Blender. The first layer is basically the poseable chassis, and the second layer is ALL the weapons and equipment available. I'm also able to get individual components to show in their correct location on the chassis, but my problem is that there are so many options that are all stacked on top of each other in the second layer, that it's almost impossible to even find the correct items to show on the chassis.

I've been looking into the file structure and notice that there's an xml file that shows the chassis hardpoints and all the weapon options available, and I'm wondering if a copy of that file can be edited to show ONLY the needed weapons on their correct hardpoints and then import the chassis that way. If it can, does anyone know how this is done?

If none of these are options, can anyone offer any guidance as to how to accomplish what I'm after?

Thanks!

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:19 AM

You can hide the weapons you don't need in the scene selection, (default view upper right corner) its an eye (2.79, monitor 2.8) on the editing pane.
When you have only your loadout visible you can move them into a group (2.79) or collection (2.8)
To select it in the 3D editor is indeed painful.

I'm curious wich mech and wich config

Edited by Karl Streiger, 12 April 2019 - 07:22 AM.

#3 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:35 AM

just hit me up man ;-) I'm willing to help you anyways

#4 Ogre13

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I'm playing a Marauder IIC with a fairly standard loadout, ER PPCs and Medium Pulse Lasers in the arms, AN Ultra AC\20 in the right torso, and AMS. What I'm trying to do is get something I can use to 3D print the mech on my 3D resin printer as I'd like to use the same mech in my TT gaming.

I normally use Fusion 360, and have managed to export the individual component files and bring them into Fusion, but it's a royal pain to assemble them all.

#5 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:08 AM

whatever fusion is, though i can help you with the whole process and give you print-ready files
just hit me up

#6 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 05 May 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

whatever fusion is, though i can help you with the whole process and give you print-ready files
just hit me up

Could you make print ready files for the newly released Rifleman IIC? Mostly interested in the vanilla RFL-IIC Prime model but wouldn't mind having the other stock mech loadouts to go along with it. I can add hex bases in blender, but I just need the models converted from crytec. Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users