Nascar

97 replies to this topic

#1 Pfuscher1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:22 AM

Nascar is a right side flank or stream, mostly in a circular motion.

Why does it happen?
90% of people are right handed and move to their right.
Watch that at shopping malls/excalators, which are build for that.

When was it "invented"?
- Basically when humas apes started attacking each other millions of years ago.
- Some detailed stories about it are from greek battles 2500 years ago.

Whining against human nature? - Useless and dumb.

When does it happen: Mostly in QP

When to whine about it:
1. When you are self insecure and need to blame others. -> Your fault
2. When you use a slow engine -> Your fault

When do people complain about it?
They just got destroyed because of a lot of reasons and can't deal with their own failures.

QP:
When is it successful?
- 2 Nascars happen: When more people do it faster, than in the enemy team.
- Mostly vs a non plan team.(90% of QP)

What people don't get, that it is really successful in QP.
Everybody won hundreds of matches with it and lost hundreds of matches against it.

If you have a non plan team and you don't use a mic to tell them what to do.
-> Don't whine, your fault

Example
Team A has 10 Nascars, Team B has 8 Nascar and 4 defend/stand around/dunno
Team A wins a 10 vs 4 battle and then kills the rest

When does Nascar always lose?
vs. a solid fire line
vs a coordinated left side counter Nascar(Greeks also did that 2500years ago)

If you don't organise that
-> Don't whine, you fault

When should you complain about it?
- Never, people just think you are a whiny and dumb manchild

Conclusion: Man up, use a mic, set a strategy, be a commander
- Don't be whiny, sheople, beta

Edited by Pfuscher1, 12 April 2019 - 06:33 AM.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

So Nascar from 2500BC to 3050AD
Interesting
Posted Image

#3 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

That big write up is a strange way of showing your disdain for other play styles.
And you wonder why this game is on life support.

Edited by Far Reach, 12 May 2019 - 01:05 PM.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:12 AM

This belongs in the general forum.

#5 Hierarch

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

This might be the 2nd most cancer thing on this forum.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:50 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 12 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

That big write up is a strange way of showing your disdain for other play styles.

Cant make a silk purse team from a sow's ear team, but nascar can help, match matcher work could help more.
I mean some Teir ones dont even have a positive win/loss, so how you gonna form a firing line with dat.

View PostHierarch, on 13 May 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

This might be the 2nd most cancer thing on this forum.

Opinions of NASCAR Deniers
We are winning, STOP NASCARING!!!!!!! , WE ARE WINNING!!!!!!, STOP NASC....<muted>
Who cars
Posted Image
Shake and Bake FTW

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 13 May 2019 - 06:04 AM.

#7 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:01 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 12 May 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Interesting
Posted Image

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 12 May 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Interesting
Posted Image

Interesting. Did I hear Ancient Greeks mentioned?

You sort of have it right but for totally the wrong reasons and it was not really a Nascar. BUT, YOU GET TOP MARKS FOR KNOWING ABOUT IT AND EXTRA CREDIT FOR MENTIONING IT IN THE FORUMS! Through out history, the RIGHT side was the place of Honor. But the Greeks took this to another level.

When the different city states went to war the armies would be uneven. You would have well armored and decently trained units and lesser units. But they would always put the better units on the right meaning that each stronger unit of a army was going against the weakist units of the other army.

Are they were Hoplite soldiers staying in a Phalanx formation. A Phalanx cannot go left or right. It can only go forward. So the stronger units push push back or defeat the weaker side. (at the time, you allowed the other side to run away) . And after a hour or so you would be left with the strongest units of each Army remaining on the battlefield but pointing in the wrong way.

This is why the Spartens did well, they did more training then anyone else. So they were better at staying together and making a turn staying in formation. One thing, their Helmets made it almost impossible to hear orders.

And this was the way it was until Epaminondas came unto the scene and well, you know what happened then.

#8 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:13 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 13 May 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

Interesting. Did I hear Ancient Greeks mentioned?

You sort of have it right but for totally the wrong reasons and it was not really a Nascar. BUT, YOU GET TOP MARKS FOR KNOWING ABOUT IT AND EXTRA CREDIT FOR MENTIONING IT IN THE FORUMS! Through out history, the RIGHT side was the place of Honor. But the Greeks took this to another level.

When the different city states went to war the armies would be uneven. You would have well armored and decently trained units and lesser units. But they would always put the better units on the right meaning that each stronger unit of a army was going against the weakist units of the other army.

Are they were Hoplite soldiers staying in a Phalanx formation. A Phalanx cannot go left or right. It can only go forward. So the stronger units push push back or defeat the weaker side. (at the time, you allowed the other side to run away) . And after a hour or so you would be left with the strongest units of each Army remaining on the battlefield but pointing in the wrong way.

This is why the Spartens did well, they did more training then anyone else. So they were better at staying together and making a turn staying in formation. One thing, their Helmets made it almost impossible to hear orders.

And this was the way it was until Epaminondas came unto the scene and well, you know what happened then.

I claim no credit as I totally stole that from the OP
Me and him on the same level Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Worth mentioning that nascar "tactics" in mwo go back to when a lot of "meta" mechs had their heavy hitter guns mounted right sided. So moving right sided (and being able to poke with the right and shield with the left) was quickly established.
Ambidextrous and symetrical mechs always followed up and mounted their firepower right sided (obviously better choice for running with your team).

Fun facts for light pilots (and all backstabbers alike): if you shoot someone in the back, odds are they turn left to see what's going on (conditioned to do so). So if you move right you might get an extra backstab attempt for free.

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

lol because people are righthanded it happens in MWO... What?

It happens in MWO, on many maps, simply due to their design and spawns.

If the Assault / Light spawns were swapped - It would not happen.
If Spawn points were dynamic on maps - It would not happen.

The only REAL reason it happens in MWO SoloQ is because of the skill level. The average skill level of MWO players is too low and the vast majority of players do not understand basic strong stategies. They just run in circles because "everyone else does".

#11 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

[mod]This thread has been moved to
General Discussion.[/mod]

#12 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

Honestly, I do think that this comes from the need to outflank enemies that stems from cover-based strategies.

I mean if we just peeked and poked from firing lines all day long, we won't achieve anything, something has to be done, so the guy tries to out-maneuver the other guys, fire from a different angle, the afflicted guy was outflanked so he moves to a different spot, rinse-and-repeat.

What makes the nascar go round and round is that the team doesn't have a plan, and just follow the constant out-flanking, instead of catching the enemies at the other end to prevent rotation.

#13 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

So your strategy is so effective that you needed to make a forum post to blame all past a future teammates for the losses suffered because of your strategy.

#14 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:50 PM

View Postshaytalis, on 13 May 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

So your strategy is so effective that you needed to make a forum post to blame all past a future teammates for the losses suffered because of your strategy.

NASCAR is not a strategy or a tactic it's surrendering.

The deciding factor as to who will win a match where both teams NASCAR is determined before the match began when the match maker built the teams.

NASCAR is surrendering choices to shape a favorable outcome in favor of a "coin toss"

Edited by Lykaon, 13 May 2019 - 08:53 PM.

#15 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:47 PM

Why do I feel that this thread is a Rick Roll.

#16 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 12 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Actually, his disdain is for people who endlessly cry about the tactic (even the term is a snide nickname, a la "ghost heat") without acknowledging why it exists - or why it works. Your short writeup says more about your sensitivities and prejudices on that issue than it says about the original post, which says nothing disparaging about any playing style.

#17 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

View PostLykaon, on 13 May 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

NASCAR is not a strategy or a tactic it's surrendering.

The deciding factor as to who will win a match where both teams NASCAR is determined before the match began when the match maker built the teams.

NASCAR is surrendering choices to shape a favorable outcome in favor of a "coin toss"

Agree!

#18 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

I hate NASCAR unless I start it. I rarely start NASCAR so I hate it.

#19 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:53 PM

You're not going to be able to stop people from pursuing counter-rotation tactics in the forseeable future - particularly on maps with a large central feature. So whining about it does nothing good; it certainly doesn't help you succeed in real matches. If you take the OP's advice and use your mic, you'll get better results - but you may have to give up your preferred tactics to cooperate with the team.

That's not to say you're not doing that now; but at the very least you're doing it grudgingly - and very few times I've been in a rotation has anyone used their mic to actually constructively talk to the team.

#20 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:19 PM

Everyone wants to be the hero who flanks the enemy team. I know I do.

Then everyone on both teams tries to be the hero at the same time, leaving either no one or some poor confused stragglers to be very thoroughly flanked.

Edited by Gagis, 13 May 2019 - 11:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users