97 replies to this topic

#21 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:43 AM

There's nascar. Then there's betrayal.

90% of the time its the latter. Using your team as bait to go flank.

When everyone thinks they are special like this you repeatedly have some of the worst matches in gaming history.

#22 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

Nascar happens all the time because the bots can't handle anything more sophisticated of a tactic. It's just not in their programing to be able to learn maps and modes etc so they just run around in circles on every map.

#23 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:57 AM

Scenario 1: Two fast, short ranged players see one slow opponent. They close the distance from behind and engage.

Scenario 2: Two fast, short ranged players see four slow opponents heading their way. They close the distance head on and engage.

Now, which scenario seems advantageous to the two fast players? If you can answer this question correctly, you now know why people instinctively NASCAR.

#24 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:42 AM

OPs post is the equivalent of explaining why top of the pops is the best music format. "It's gud cuz everyone duz it".

#25 Uzi Foo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

OP's writeup is brutally honest. If you didn't adapt to the meta it's YOUR FAULT of you have a bad time. Frankly you're more of the problem dragging your team down.

If you don't communicate every one is going to play in a way to try and preserve themselves. I have some amazing counter nascar pushes in my Atlas that just over runs teams, but in order to do that I use communication. I also make sure I go 60+ kph on my Atlas in case I need to rotate. That goes for any assault. If you go 40kph (55 is the borderline) your a detriment to your team. If your team supports that slow assault they will be out flanked and wiped out one at a time.

Edited by Uzi Foo, 14 May 2019 - 07:10 AM.

#26 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:06 AM

\m/

#27 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:10 AM

Two Teams Nascar
One team wins
Is that Nascars fault - Same old question

#28 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:13 AM

It takes two teams to nascar (nascar isn't everyone on your team holding W)
One team always wins
Nascar has a 100% success rate

#29 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

..and it is dull as f*ck. how anybody can do more than a couple of QP-matches in a row is beyond me.

clearly, mapdesign is to blame. but so are people who repeat the same old stuff, over and over,
and over..
and over³

#30 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

yes, because when nascasr is involved, even the winning team loses.

#31 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

What can be said about NASCAR that hasn't already? You know what's up. You either go with the flow or you buck. Sometimes either will work, sometimes they won't. Since I only play solo qp, I build for it. I'm always happy to go with another plan, but it is what it is.

My favorite is when the guy in the stupid-slow assault dies and starts screaming about how NASCAR is dumb and "Potato Rotato," how this team sucks and how we've already lost, and we need to stop NASCARing right now, and in general making his own team miserable. During all that I glance up at the score and we're up 4-1, and by the end of the match its a total roll, with his death being the only one.

No, wait! My favorite is the guy who started the match in the lobby by saying, "Whatever we do, DON'T NASCAR!!!" and halfway through the match the same person is yelling "FLANK RIGHT!!! WHY AREN'T THE FAST MOVERS FLANKING RIGHT!?!?"

Then again, I also love it when someone suggests a plan to counter NASCAR. They want to form a line, goes on about "sharing armor" and working as a team, all that, and then everything goes **** up and of course they're the last man standing... way in the back... in an LRM Supernova.

My point being that there are plenty of awful ways to play this game that have nothing to do with NASCAR. It's just how solo qp is right now. It was nice for a little while, with all the big mechs that released and slowed everything down a little. But if last night was any indicator, we're back to small and fast as the order of the day. That means NASCAR.

Put your back against a wall, practice hitting small and fast targets, bring streaks.

There's nothing else for it.

#32 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

Well if theres 40 million flies eating **** cuz its gud they cant be wrong right?

#33 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

View Posttollas669, on 14 May 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well if theres 40 million flies Fleas eating [the flimsy rear torso of a bad assault pilot] cuz its gud they cant be wrong right?

FIFY

#34 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostMister Glitchdragon, on 14 May 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

FIFY

Hah no.

#35 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:33 AM

ProTip:

If you're in a slow Assault, especially on on HPG-Domination. Wait for the 2nd lap to join the Nascar, if you try to join on the first lap you'll be late to the grid and lapped by the enemies lights before you complete your first.

Learnt this in a STD-60 Urbie...

#36 Hierarch

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

NASCAR is like the E-Honda of Mwo. Thousand hand slaps will when you matched but you’ll never get the fundamentals to play above trash tier.

Also it’s easy to blow off a loss when you disconnect in the first minute and lose your team the game.

#37 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 12 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

That big write up is a strange way of showing your disdain for other play styles.
And you wonder why this game is on life support.

NASCAR certainly has something to do with it being on life support. Nothing like mindless zerging to your right abandoning your team. That is a play style?

#38 Skippy The Danger Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

So when I spawn into the crater on HPG Manifold with my 54kph (max engine) Fafnir and it takes me two minutes to waddle my way out of the crater and around to a "safe" door where I won't get back-stabbed by a swarm of lights, only to have the team that is twice as fast as me swirl away like a **** in the toilet, that's my fault? The real joy is when people whine that the "fatties aren't sharing any armor". Like we can keep up with you.....

#39 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

The entire nascar concept is the opposite of role warfare.

#40 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostSkrapiron, on 14 May 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

So when I spawn into the crater on HPG Manifold with my 54kph (max engine) Fafnir and it takes me two minutes to waddle my way out of the crater and around to a "safe" door where I won't get back-stabbed by a swarm of lights, only to have the team that is twice as fast as me swirl away like a **** in the toilet, that's my fault? The real joy is when people whine that the "fatties aren't sharing any armor". Like we can keep up with you.....

In theyre opinion you are the bad assault player because you cant run 150kph all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users