Should Access To Solaris Be Restricted?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Latenight Mechtech

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

I've been hearing about cases of people setting up alt accounts to farm Solaris and it got me thinking, maybe access to Solaris should have some kind of restriction or minimal requirement to participate.

I know some other games, like CS:GO, makes you achieve a minimal lvl before you can play comp. I think adding something similar to Solaris might help this issue.

Even if it was something like needing to own x number of mechs before getting access would probably discourage most people from making new accounts just to farm.

Thoughts?

#2 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

There’s maybe two dozen really active players, fifty to a hundred regular players. Population right now won’t support any kind of access restrictions. People alt farming, while tedious, isn’t a tremendous issue. What you’ve been hearing about over the last couple days is not an issue with alt farming, but problems that stem from the elo multiplier and with people prearranging the outcome of matches.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

What you are suggesting will not fix the problem(s) as per your Reddit thread.

So no. Gating it is pointless.

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

access to solaris should be restricted by deleting solaris completely

solaris just adds more buckets to a game that already cant fill any of the buckets it has

and if the rewards are so bad in the other gamemodes that people have to resort to farming their alts in solaris then PGI needs to give better rewards

#5 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

Why do you care? You don't play any game mode.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 April 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Why do you care? You don't play any game mode.

Gotta keep the ratio of matches to posts at 1:2000 though.

And thus, a post about nothing.

#7 Latenight Mechtech

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 April 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Gotta keep the ratio of matches to posts at 1:2000 though.

And thus, a post about nothing.

Wow. I was just spitballing a thought I had.
It's nice to see people gatekeeping based on my post history. That's a great way to keep people invested in the forums.

View PostMakenzie71, on 16 April 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

There’s maybe two dozen really active players, fifty to a hundred regular players. Population right now won’t support any kind of access restrictions. People alt farming, while tedious, isn’t a tremendous issue. What you’ve been hearing about over the last couple days is not an issue with alt farming, but problems that stem from the elo multiplier and with people prearranging the outcome of matches.

I see, I think misunderstood the bigger issue. I liked playing Solaris when it was more active. It's a shame that it's pretty dead most of the time now. I hope that an adjustment to the elo multiplier is in the works. The current issues are definitely discouraging. Why would anyone want to play a game other people are actively rigging.

Edited by Juan3000333, 17 April 2019 - 09:15 AM.

#8 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostJuan3000333, on 17 April 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Wow. I was just spitballing a thought I had.
It's nice to see people gatekeeping based on my post history. That's a great way to keep people invested in the forums.

I wasn't talking about you.

Just the resident user who loves to comment on basically everything without any knowledge or understanding of it.

#9 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 April 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

I wasn't talking about you.

Just the resident user who loves to comment on basically everything without any knowledge or understanding of it.

So, basically, you disagree with OP but why waste an opportunity to start drama with a stranger on the internet?Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users