4/4/4/4

49 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

8 assaults each team.
Warhammer and night gyr in alpha lance.
Might as well name it assault warrior online at this point.

Is this fun for you guys?
Most quickplay games are now heavier then first waves in faction play.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

Most of the time we do see a surge in the popularity of a weight class when a new mech is released, though admittedly the heavy and assault classes seem to produce a far more drastic effect than a newly released light or medium. This game's playerbase and the BT IP in general have a bias towards the upper end of the weight spectrum.

#3 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

my vindicator-st ives blues loves it. damage farming at its best.
its just a matter of how you abuse that assault fest the best :>
it will all change again once everything is settled down again

#4 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

It will pass. Hang in there buddy.Posted Image

Edited by HammerMaster, 20 April 2019 - 11:49 AM.

#5 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:51 AM

View PostAlienized, on 20 April 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

my vindicator-st ives blues loves it. damage farming at its best.
its just a matter of how you abuse that assault fest the best :>
it will all change again once everything is settled down again

I'm having an average of 1k damage currently, not because i am that good but because there is just that much armor to chew through.

Info warface?
Role warface?

Man a guy just told me his team lost on polar domination because noone of his team was able to reach the circle in time.

#6 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

View PostBloodwitch, on 20 April 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

I'm having an average of 1k damage currently, not because i am that good but because there is just that much armor to chew through.

how to roll :>

View PostBloodwitch, on 20 April 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Man a guy just told me his team lost on polar domination because noone of his team was able to reach the circle in time.

well, i hope that teaches alot of guys that they have to do something different. or you better tell em that ^^ but beware, that little advice might make you a "salty" dude :>

#7 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostAlienized, on 20 April 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

well, i hope that teaches alot of guys that they have to do something different. or you better tell em that ^^ but beware, that little advice might make you a "salty" dude :>

I personally think everyone should be able to play what they want. Is it their fault that the matchmaker thinks it's cool to put 8+ assaults on polar domi/conquest?

#8 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:02 PM

Poor sweet child, you should have been here when the Kodiak first dropped. Kodiaks everywhere!

#9 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostBloodwitch, on 20 April 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

I personally think everyone should be able to play what they want. Is it their fault that the matchmaker thinks it's cool to put 8+ assaults on polar domi/conquest?

MM didnt do that. people voted for that so be it. i never been a fan of voting, i liked the pure randomness much better.

also shows you, people need to work on their own decision making

#10 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 20 April 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Poor sweet child, you should have been here when the Kodiak first dropped. Kodiaks everywhere!

I've been. Free warhammer IIC was worse tbh. 20 assaults in a single game.

View PostAlienized, on 20 April 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

MM didnt do that. people voted for that so be it. i never been a fan of voting, i liked the pure randomness much better.

also shows you, people need to work on their own decision making

Yup, now should the matchmaker allow that? why not cap it to 6 assaults (or any weightclass). Like i said, quickplay is heavier then first wave faction drops.

#11 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostBloodwitch, on 20 April 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Yup, now should the matchmaker allow that? why not cap it to 6 assaults (or any weightclass). Like i said, quickplay is heavier then first wave faction drops.

its not what match maker should allow, its what its given to him. and yes he should allow that. its what ppl wanna play so he does that.

we can change it by playing different classes ^^

#12 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:13 PM

View PostAlienized, on 20 April 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

You mean when players would get the same 2 maps all night long? I rather chalk up repeating maps to popularity than a bad algorithm. Players rarely agree on anything but no one ever agrees with MM.

#13 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 20 April 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

You mean when players would get the same 2 maps all night long? I rather chalk up repeating maps to popularity than a bad algorithm. Players rarely agree on anything but no one ever agrees with MM.

that never happened to me Posted Image Posted Image but we also have more maps now than back then.

#14 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

View PostAlienized, on 20 April 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

that never happened to me Posted Image Posted Image but we also have more maps now than back then.

People asked for voting because that happened. If you hated Alpine Peaks, guess what mech you would see all the time!

#15 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 20 April 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

People asked for voting because that happened. If you hated Alpine Peaks, guess what mech you would see all the time!

i never cared much, been playing brawlers anyway :D they should have improved the algorithm tho instead of voting. i rather try to rack up my multipliers than voting for the maps i wanna play and then come up with the odd hammer on terra therma or viridian bog.

#16 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:45 PM

The Marauder II bundle came out, which was also tied directly to MW: 5 sales. I'm thinking you're seeing all these assault Mechs for a reason.

#17 4rcs1ne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

Just the typical scenario when a new mech releases.

It'll die down soon enough.

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:24 PM

problem with 4 4 4 4 is that for ever light pilot you have 4 or 5 assault pilots and 3 or 4 heavy pilots. there just arent enough bunnies and squirrels going around for it to be practical.

also if i had to choose between tonnage and skill*, id rather teams be balanced by skill.
*real skill not exp bar skill we have now

View PostFupDup, on 20 April 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Most of the time we do see a surge in the popularity of a weight class when a new mech is released, though admittedly the heavy and assault classes seem to produce a far more drastic effect than a newly released light or medium. This game's playerbase and the BT IP in general have a bias towards the upper end of the weight spectrum.

it just takes so damn long to level things and it lasts forever. im still working on the 2 heros i bought last month, the mech of the month, the loyalty whammy and 3 mad2s. i cant wait till i can use real mechs again. abd whats worse i pick up 5 more next month (mech of the month plus the mw5 preorder mechs).

Edited by LordNothing, 20 April 2019 - 03:25 PM.

#19 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:25 PM

you know whats good about there being so many assaults? people arent looking for lights.

Ive been taking out the Panther 10P and getting 400 damage minimum by jackhammering people with its stupid cooldown quirks (AC10 firing once every 1.4 seconds eats side torsos) and moving at 128kph

Edited by VitriolicViolet, 20 April 2019 - 03:26 PM.

#20 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:52 PM

I'd be really happy if it was possible. Was playing a Gauss Whammy and was in Alpha four games in a row....gave up and switched to assassin. It's not that I necessarily did poorly, but the stress of trying to catch up to team and not get chewed by a light lance was too stressful. Thing is I play mostly mediums anyway, but the day I felt like doing something different I couldn't.

Think games would be better if we could at the very least have matchmaker have a ratio of perhaps 8/4 and group heavies and assaults together and then the four spots reserved for lights/mediums. Although with population I doubt anything that would increase wait times would ever be considered. But hey, I feel your pain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users