6 replies to this topic

#1 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:07 PM

I am on record here in the forums saying that I would not buy into MW5 until after it's release, because I did not trust PGI to deliver on, anything really, but at least not the full package as promised. To say that I have been become jaded is an understatement.

That said with 2 hours to go I bought a basic package. I did this not for the (admittedly) excellent pre-order rewards that come with it but because of Paul's increased and excellent efforts at communication with regard to the (re)development of FP. I felt that level of effort should be rewarded in some way beyond just words. The recent months of meaningful communications has gone some way to bringing some trust back to PGI.

IMO this level of comms from the very beginning would have removed a lot of salt from these forums and probably kept a lot more people playing and paying too.

So thanks Paul. (no buts)

(This should probably be in GD but I know Paul frequents these forums and it is mostly for him that I put this here.)

#2 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:48 AM

#inb4lock

I'm in the same boat. Looking forward to the month after release when it goes on sale because copies aren't selling.

#3 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

I bought the mid tier package, because I knew I was gonna a buy the game anyway, and I started a new alt, and having all that mc and stuff was super nice ;]

#4 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:16 AM

I have some bridges I will make you guys some great deals.

#5 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:02 AM

So, OP, you needed an excuse to buy a game you'd have bought anyway(as a fellow mech junkie I'm aware you wouldn't be able to resist anyway). That's good. I'm glad you've found one.

#6 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostBluttrunken, on 03 May 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

So, OP, you needed an excuse to buy a game you'd have bought anyway(as a fellow mech junkie I'm aware you wouldn't be able to resist anyway). That's good. I'm glad you've found one.

You can make that assumption. However I was quite prepared to wait until well after the MW5 launch for a full assessment before spending money. Believe it or not.

All I have wanted from MWO is a robust form of FP. The fact that they are making an effort on FP is what changed my mind not anything in the MW5 development. I have no need for any of the MWO stuff they were offering in the package and have no interest in MWO until the new FP patches start coming through. There was no rush for me to buy in, except as an acknowledgement for the work being done.

#7 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

View Postslide, on 03 May 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

You can make that assumption. However I was quite prepared to wait until well after the MW5 launch for a full assessment before spending money. Believe it or not.

All I have wanted from MWO is a robust form of FP. The fact that they are making an effort on FP is what changed my mind not anything in the MW5 development. I have no need for any of the MWO stuff they were offering in the package and have no interest in MWO until the new FP patches start coming through. There was no rush for me to buy in, except as an acknowledgement for the work being done.

That's the big thing right there.. none of the mechs listed are ones I need for FW... so the value is zero. Plus, I've been with mwo since the beginning... I know PGI's track record and I'm not about to spend "full price" for any of their games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users