Mad-4A(S) Which Do You Prefer, Heat Mgmt Or Speed?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Devastator MK II

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:27 AM

I've set up my MAD-4A(S) in 6 MPL and 2 LPL, and I'd like to ask you what you think.

One set with a 360 STD engine and 22 DHS, and the other set with a 300 STD engine and 37 SHS.

On one side, it's faster, and on the other side it's easier to control heat, which do you think is better, speed or heat control?

I'm slow due to weight problems, but I'd like to ask you if you'd rather take more speed than heat control, or if you'd prefer to drastically reduce your speed and focus more on heat control.

1. 360 STD engine + 22 Double Heat Sinks

Posted Image

2. 300 STD engine + 37 Standard Heat Sinks
Posted Image

Edited by Devastator MK II, 18 April 2019 - 08:28 AM.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

View PostDevastator MK II, on 18 April 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Saving Space.

I didn't do that with my build. I went with a solid mid range build of 3 LLs and 4 ERMLs. All of it's weapon's punch at almost the same range, so it's less juggling of different ranged weapons.

However, in your case, I probably wouldn't choose either of those builds (no offense). Keeping to the promise of your build I'd:
- Take off Endo for starters, you probably have more weight than crit slots being a 100 ton mech.
- Take DHS for the faster dissipation (though I wont fault you for trying SHS either).
- Keeping your weapon loadout of two LPL and six MPL, I've been able to take a Std 335 engine with 13 DHS.
A bit of both worlds?

Otherwise, if I only could choose between your two builds, I'd probably choose the cooler of the two, unless it's so cool that it "can't" (within reason) overheat. You want your mech to run cool, but it can also be bad to run too cool. Heat is a resource, and you need to be able to spend it wisely or it will just go to waste. Especially on an energy boat.

And if you where interested in my build, here's the mechlab code for it: AG<020d1|i^|i^|i^|4c|i^|0=2p=1|i^|i^|`?|F@|F@q=1|i^|i^|i^|i^r41|i^|i^|`?|F@s41|i^|i^|`?|F@t:1u:1v@0w807070
It's got a heat management of 1.53 and has a Std 350 engine.

Edit: PS: I think you might have stripped a little too much armor off your legs and I think you might also have too much back armor. Up for preference of course.

Edited by Tesunie, 18 April 2019 - 08:49 AM.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

I played 3LPL + 5MPL with LFE350 for a while, but I ended up switching to this beauty and it surprised me with how much better it performed than any other 4A loadout I have seen: https://mech.nav-alp...a63c8cf6_MAD-4A

The keen-eyed may have noticed that this is literally a Battlemaster build from 2017, but it also feels like best the fat mad can do, at least as long as the hitboxes mean youll likely take most of your damage to CT.

#4 Cronicus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:45 AM

https://mech.nav-alp...501de6b1_MAD-4A

Heat efficiency and speed. The build works off of a standard 350, light ferro runs 2 large pulse, 6 medium lasers and a mk 2 targeting computer.

Alternatively you can easily go with a mk 1 comp drop a medium laser and the large pulse for 3 large lasers both works.

It's a 100 ton energy boat with a 360 engine cap don't overthink things you have the tonnage to use a standard engine and not run endo the build I posted is the most heat efficient thing I could think of while maintaining acceptable speed and firepower.

#5 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:37 PM

I did 22 DHS, LFE360, 3 LPL and 5 MLS. It works okay, probably one of the more heat efficient IS laser boats and it has 2 JJs and a Mk1 TC. Kind of like an IS Supernova.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users