I'm not sure i understand

#2 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

My educated guess is, when you are refitting a Mech in the Mechbay and you swap out the engine, then it'll be at a reduced cost.

SO, if you buy an Atlas, then that's on the cheap ... and so will it's new engine to make it move 100kph. With cheap Ferro Fiberous Armor.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

Not sure if it's armor types or just if you increase points to max armor. Most players have so much excess armor, they never see it?

Engines is straightforward. You buy one when fitting a mech, it's half off the normal cbill price. Perfect for stocking up on those IS Light Engines.

#4 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Armor refers to armor type upgrades — ferro fibrous and light ferro.

#5 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 02 May 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

My educated guess is, when you are refitting a Mech in the Mechbay and you swap out the engine, then it'll be at a reduced cost.

SO, if you buy an Atlas, then that's on the cheap ... and so will it's new engine to make it move 100kph. With cheap Ferro Fiberous Armor.

Lool,show me that 100 kph AtlasPosted Image

#6 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

As someone who owns around 177 mechs (I think that's right, but I just bought a Yen Lo Wang and Invictus so I may be off by one or two) I tend to remove engines from mechs that I'm not playing. With this sale I'm going through my 'Invalid' mechs (mechs that can't drop into a match because they don't have an engine) and putting in an engine.

For those who are short of cash I think the key engines to get are the 300LFE, 280LFE, and 250LFE on the Inner Sphere side. They're used in standard builds for many medium and heavy mechs, and the 300 LFE is used on a few assaults.

I've also bought a couple hundred cool shots (you can buy them ten at a time through the store), since I'll eventually use them and have plenty of c-bills.

#7 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

View PostRuccus, on 03 May 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

For those who are short of cash I think the key engines to get are the 300LFE, 280LFE, and 250LFE on the Inner Sphere side. They're used in standard builds for many medium and heavy mechs, and the 300 LFE is used on a few assaults.

The LFE 295 is also a very good engine to pick up, imo. It weighs one ton less than the 300, and that can make a difference when building a mech, unless you absolutely need that extra internal heat sink and 1kph.

I've also found the LFE320 to be very useful on a lot of mechs.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users