Please No More Solaris Events. Solaris Is Really Bad And Should Be Removed Not Encouraged.

18 replies to this topic

#1 MrRipper707

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

I spend more time in que than in game, please never ever require players to play in a solaris event. Solaris is embarrassingly bad. Surprised anyone would let it represent their company or put their name on it. You spend more time in que than in game, the ui is terrible, and it is generally unfun. Just let us redeem the wards for clicking the solaris button without having to play.

Edited by MrRipper707, 19 April 2019 - 07:15 PM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

Lol. Require?

What requires you to play exactly? You desire to earn in game rewards?
If so - that's YOUR choice.

Just sounds like your not winning. That happens when the only person to blame for a loss is yourself.

#3 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:25 AM

The waits are awful yes, and the division surfing is even worse. But I enjoy the game itself more than I enjoy quick play. These days I usually only log in for the 1v1s and log off if there is nobody playing, or only bad players. It is a welcome alternate compared to quick play where you have to carry noobs every. single. game. and if you don't want to play a carry mech, you lose.

#4 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

Buckets.

#5 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:51 AM

When I log on around 3-4 EST I hardly wait at all. Not only that but it's super fun. Not for everyone though. If you need help can recomend couple streamers that do it often.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:15 AM

What wait times? This last week has been the most active I have ever seen Solaris.

I waited in QP queue longer this morning than I have in Solaris queue all week.

#7 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

Even 2v2s are easy to find and they are usually hard to get.

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostMrRipper707, on 19 April 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

I spend more time in que than in game, please never ever require players to play in a solaris event. Solaris is embarrassingly bad. Surprised anyone would let it represent their company or put their name on it. You spend more time in que than in game, the ui is terrible, and it is generally unfun. Just let us redeem the wards for clicking the solaris button without having to play.

This isn't kindergarten where you get prizes for just showing up and eating the crayons...

There are 50 events a year where you can earn all the prizes you want. This event is for Solaris players, you are not required to play, just as I am not required to play the quick play event if I choose not to.

If however you would like help, several of us would be willing to give you mechs, builds and strategies to win with. All you have to do is ask.

Edited by Dionnsai, 21 April 2019 - 08:40 AM.

#9 MrRipper707

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Its not that im losing. I only played maybe 11 games of it to get the event done. 60%ish winrate is fine with me thats like what i get in QP. My problem is the forced que times, the unintuitive AI, having to wait for the announcer. Its just maybe 30% actually playing and 70% waiting. Thats horrible to me.

#10 MrRipper707

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 April 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Just sounds like your not winning. That happens when the only person to blame for a loss is yourself.

no offense ash but you have no ******* clue what you're talking about. Just because a game is difficult doesnt make it unfun, even with a 60ish% win ratio there is room to improve and get better sure. But I will never waste time on solaris because of the moronic que system. Its fundamentally unfun when you are watching a timer tick down and an announcer talk for 70% of the game.

Total war is hard for MP does that make it bad? No. Dogfighting in elite dangerous is tough vs other players yea but does that make it bad? No. Is solaris hard? no not really, no harder than quickplay. Know what makes it bad? 70% wait time 30% playtime is ******* garbage for a lobby based shooter game.

Edited by MrRipper707, 21 April 2019 - 05:32 PM.

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:50 PM

View PostMrRipper707, on 21 April 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

My problem is the forced que times, the unintuitive AI, having to wait for the announcer. Its just maybe 30% actually playing and 70% waiting. Thats horrible to me.

So the same as QP where it takes:
20s to load the map.
Then 24 players often one takes another 60s to simply load into the game so it can start/
Then you spend another 90s walking across the map.
Fight maybe 3mins
Then 30s loading out at game end.

Yeah no other mode of MWO has any "waiting" in it Posted Image

#12 MrRipper707

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:09 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 April 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

So the same as QP where it takes:
20s to load the map.
Then 24 players often one takes another 60s to simply load into the game so it can start/
Then you spend another 90s walking across the map.
Fight maybe 3mins
Then 30s loading out at game end.

Yeah no other mode of MWO has any "waiting" in it Posted Image

Alot more goes on in those 3 minutes, and guess what it feels better, there are more choices to make while positioning, and each decision has a greater ramification on the total game. Also i will take 90s of walking my mech to position it on the map advantageously every time over 90sec of forced wait time for a ******** que.

Are you implying that solaris is a well made game mode that is every bit as decent as quick play or faction play?

Edited by MrRipper707, 22 April 2019 - 12:10 AM.

#13 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:18 AM

View PostMrRipper707, on 22 April 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Are you implying that solaris is a well made game mode that is every bit as decent as quick play or faction play?

No, I don't think any of us have said that. We've actually been pretty clear that we think the arguments you're making are stupid.

Edited by Makenzie71, 22 April 2019 - 04:19 AM.

#14 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:29 AM

The announcer doesn't take up that much time. I don't mind listening to Duncan.
Solaris may not be as well as put together as other game modes but it's just as fun or more so in some cases.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

View PostMrRipper707, on 22 April 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Alot more goes on in those 3 minutes, and guess what it feels better, there are more choices to make while positioning, and each decision has a greater ramification on the total game. Also i will take 90s of walking my mech to position it on the map advantageously every time over 90sec of forced wait time for a ******** que.

Given most of the playerbase is incapable of breaking 250 damage.

There is not a lot going on in those 3mins or less...

I'm not implying anything. What I said is exactly what I mean. Nothing more or less. You wanna try and read into it like a clairvoyant, that's your choice.

#16 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:59 AM

I like the event. At least you get matches faster and I like 1v1.

#17 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

Who'd have thought that having events in Solaris might actually encourage a few more people to play it?

#18 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:48 PM

Solaris isn't bad, I think players should play a few rounds because no matter what one thinks about the game mode, it's part of MWO. Also, the event is one of the quickest ways of earning MC.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#19 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:14 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 25 April 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Solaris isn't bad, I think players should play a few rounds because no matter what one thinks about the game mode, it's part of MWO. Also, the event is one of the quickest ways of earning MC.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Not only that but it helps pilots improve their shooting, twisting, and gameplay overall, especially if they can find a good pilot to coach them just a little with all that and builds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users